It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

Just now, ledies22 said:

past player says announcement tomorrow. the people who shared the info dont know if said player is credible and "in the loop as he once was"

If there is, in fact, an announcement tomorrow, we're either going to be ecstatic, or severely disappointed.  All of the other good candidates (Beard, Drew, Musselman, Oats, etc.) will still be playing in the tournament.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

If there is, in fact, an announcement tomorrow, we're either going to be ecstatic, or severely disappointed.  All of the other good candidates (Beard, Drew, Musselman, Oats, etc.) will still be playing in the tournament.   

the announcement rumor is purely based on Stevens and announcing him as coach.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

From the peegs discord chatter, peegs seems to believe the search is currently focused on Brad and will not be moving on until we get a definitive yes or no from him.

I understand this is still an unlikely and uphill commitment to nab, but at the very least I can respect Dolson for swinging for the fences as he should.

I don't think it's all that unlikely at this point. This is the approach we always needed to get Brad. 

@5fouls has been calling for this approach since December. By the way, Fouls, did you happen to go to a dinner at St. Elmo's the week after Christmas?

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I saw the dates in December as well when Boston was in town. I'm still in the I don't think it will happen camp but these last 72 hours have been making me inch up in the seat a tad. Would love to know what the other boards are saying because regardless of a miss here or there....some posters on here are dialed in as it gets. 

Shoot I can't remember his name but the one poster had the details to the penny of Sampson's buyout about 4-5 days before it hit. 

That was 0708, and he is saying we have zeroed in on Brad and thinks we will get him. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not to wreck the Kumbaya moment but seriously? I think we discussed in one of the threads before the summer shutdown but do people actually shoot bad messages to posters privately? I think I've received 10 PM's in my life. 

Can't imagine folks trying so hard to be the I told you so crowd to do something like that. If he reads this...I hope he ventures back. 

Back in the days of our old Scout forum, I'd occasionally get messages from Illinois fans. Had one tell me that I was an idiot and a "stupid inbread." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey we are back!!! I missed this place and all of you. Special thanks to HF for digging deep and pulling the site back together.

I’m beyond super busy and don’t have time at the moment to read this entire thread but I do know a little bit. Maybe it’s been said here by someone else and if so you get to hear it again.

As far as Srad goes, I dunno. The only thing I would take to the bank is I was informed that ‘the guy’ was locked in before, well let’s just say there could have been double announcements. So, guy already lined up as HC long ago. Wheels was turning behind the scenes in December.

Talk more later

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't think it's all that unlikely at this point. This is the approach we always needed to get Brad. 

@5fouls has been calling for this approach since December. By the way, Fouls, did you happen to go to a dinner at St. Elmo's the week after Christmas?

I may or may not have been at St. Elmos in December.  I may or may not have planted the idea in Brad's ear.  I may or may not been flying my private jet to the east coast a lot in the last week.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You posted one of your patented funny comments in the Stevens thread, there would have been a chance it would get "hidden."

They surely don't like veering off topic like we do...

It was much less fun. Lots of people just saying Brad F*****n Stevens. 

On that note, what is his middle name that starts with F and ends with N? I could never figure it out. 

• Haha 4

Just now, 5fouls said:

I may or may not have been at St. Elmos in December.  I may or may not have planted the idea in Brad's ear.  I may or may not been flying my private jet to the east coast a lot in the last week.  

I'm guessing you have had about 6 ironclad pre-nups then?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not to wreck the Kumbaya moment but seriously? I think we discussed in one of the threads before the summer shutdown but do people actually shoot bad messages to posters privately? I think I've received 10 PM's in my life. 

Can't imagine folks trying so hard to be the I told you so crowd to do something like that. If he reads this...I hope he ventures back. 

I dont have anything to do at work until I switch to weekends next Sunday.

Anyway, signed up and lurker btown banners.  Probably got buried and I dont think @IUwins0708 will be back. He mentioned in a post that he would get roasted in PM's if his info didnt pan out. Said some people called him less than human. From this board. 

Honestly be a shame to lose him as an insider. Appreciated his info and willingness to share it. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I dont have anything to do at work until I switch to weekends next Sunday.

Anyway, signed up and lurker btown banners.  Probably got buried and I dont think @IUwins0708 will be back. He mentioned in a post that he would get roasted in PM's if his info didnt pan out. Said some people called him less than human. From this board. 

Honestly be a shame to lose him as an insider. Appreciated his info and willingness to share it. 

Can’t believe some people here ruined that for the greater group. Pretty pathetic. I enjoy the people here but we need people like that ...

Edited by Max
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I never PMed him, but I did give him a hard time on the open forum over some stuff he posted...just kinda questioning stuff...

I apologized to him via PM over on Btown Banners...after over 20 years on various IU forums, it's sometimes difficult to separate the real insiders from the BSers...and I think he has the goods...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Hey we are back!!! I missed this place and all of you. Special thanks to HF for digging deep and pulling the site back together.

I’m beyond super busy and don’t have time at the moment to read this entire thread but I do know a little bit. Maybe it’s been said here by someone else and if so you get to hear it again.

As far as Srad goes, I dunno. The only thing I would take to the bank is I was informed that ‘the guy’ was locked in before, well let’s just say there could have been double announcements. So, guy already lined up as HC long ago. Wheels was turning behind the scenes in December.

Talk more later

If that's true, and I think it might be, then it is Brad. That lines up perfectly with the story we are getting. 

9 minutes ago, Max said:

HSN mods - can’t tell you how relieved I am. I can exhale. Thank you so much. Most stressful week of my life with this site down during such a crucial moment. Ok carry on, get Brad. Thanks @5fouls

Especially when they were crucifying people for having spelling errors over at btownbanners