Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

17 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This one got my blood boiling. We shot 51%, NW 35. this coach, use the name loosely, might be the dumbest person to ever be paid to do it.

How about free throws, turnovers,  and offensive rebounds. NW hit 10 more free throws, grabbed 8 more offensive boards, and turned it over 8 less times.  Woodson was looking at a stat sheet when he answered that question.  Not sure what the hell he was seeing.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

With the new B1G TV money, they should be able to outbid any non SEC/B1G school…so Shaka, Lloyd, Drew, even Bennett could be candidates if they are willing to double their salary. 

I honestly think that Purdue would have a better chance of hiring those guys, hypothetically speaking. Indiana needs to find someone who really wants to be there and build them up. Maybe Dusty May can do it? Maybe not?

so..very good chance we finish 16-15 going into BTT.  looks like we'd probably be 3rd last in the conference?  we'd have a decent chance to win the 11 v 14 or 12 v 13 game, then lose the second one, so 17-16.  if we end 10th, we'd likely lose the 10 v 7 game and end 16-16.  would be the second worst season we have had since 2010-2011.  we had an excuse of the rebuild that season.  

• Like 2

So this thread was pretty inactive yesterday which doesn't surprise me.  Another bad home loss doesn't really move the needle on this discussion because minds are made up.  To me that means Woodson's tenure at Indiana is over within about 14 months barring him pulling a rabbit out of a hat.  I don't think the fans are going to be happy with 20-12 and the NCAA bubble next year given how this has gone.  I also do not believe that Woodson will have the wherewithal to put together anything more than that next year with the roster and system overhaul he will have to implement between now and November.

As I was saying before this loss, I don't see the value to the program in giving this another year, fair or not.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

so..very good chance we finish 16-15 going into BTT.  looks like we'd probably be 3rd last in the conference?  we'd have a decent chance to win the 11 v 14 or 12 v 13 game, then lose the second one, so 17-16.  if we end 10th, we'd likely lose the 10 v 7 game and end 16-16.  would be the second worst season we have had since 2010-2011.  we had an excuse of the rebuild that season.  

Fair assessment and after two years that wasn’t a rebuild when he has most of the roster HE has built.

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I'm struggling to see two wins, let alone one.  🤔🤔🤔  

Go Hoosiers!!!

12 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

20-12 next year!?!?! We aren't going to be 20-12 THIS year and stand to be significantly worse next year. 

I think that is his ceiling next year and if the ceiling isn't going to he good enough then why do next year at all?

10 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I think that is his ceiling next year and if the ceiling isn't going to he good enough then why do next year at all?

20-12 with an NCAA bid next year would get Coach Woodson another year or 2 from most, even people who currently want him fired.  It would feel like we were moving in the right direction and maybe we would be.  Even we have the same issues but win more games.

2 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

It’s Dakich…I get it, love him or hate him but he seems to have a pulse on IUBB. Last sentence is interesting…

743D39CD-6C45-42B7-A54D-47A0A4263482.jpeg

Generally speaking I’d say it’s not worth listening to anything Dakich says. But in this case, he is an expert in being a terrible coach, so he’s got that going for him.

• Haha 3

Just curious to see what everybody thinks...

IF our starting line-up next year consists of....

Malik
Mgbako
McNeely
Gallo
high end PG transfer

On a scale of 1-10, how confident are you that we will run something that resembles more of a 4 out 1 in scheme? 

I think I'm at a 4.

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

Malik
Mgbako
McNeely
Gallo
high end PG transfer

On a scale of 1-10, how confident are you that we will run something that resembles more of a 4 out 1 in scheme? 

I think I'm at a 4.

Nah, zero%.  Now if Bako and and Reneau keep making big improvements,  which I think they will, it can work.  They just have to be willing to play defense and be held accountable if they aren't.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Malik
Mgbako
McNeely
Gallo
high end PG transfer

I think I'm at a 4.

If that’s our lineup, McNeely and the point guard will have to combine for 20 rebounds per game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2