Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I got my generic response from the BOT

Dear Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to write to the IU trustees to express your concerns about the men’s basketball program. I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your email in the Office of the Board of Trustees, and to note that it has been forwarded for further review/consideration.

You forgot to stuff your complaint with at least a five figure donation.  They only care about money.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He talks about several things but that's been the biggest thing. He also currently only has 1 player from IU that he views as being 100% gone as a transfer. 

Banks is the guy I figure is 100% gone.  We have sucked and I can't remember the last time he saw the floor.

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That'd be Banks, if I was guessing... and thank you. 

It's actually Gunn. Although I believe Banks is gone too although he might see a path to playing time next year but we'll see how things play out the next few weeks. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He wasn't cleared just not prosecuted. There is a huge difference because his girl friend wouldn't testify against him so they didn't have anything else to go on

This is typical abuse victims response

As we've hashed before.  The DA of Austin is likely one of the biggest liberals in the state of Texas and would love nothing but a notch on their belt of taking out a raging egotistical man.  If there was enough on scene evidence on the woman's body to take things forward, they 100% would have.  

The truth is likely somewhere in between.  She does sound like a crazy b from everything I've read.  If he's hired by IU I trust he's cleared their investigation.  The chances of him coaching at IU are maybe 10% imo.  

• Like 2

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

As we've hashed before.  The DA of Austin is likely one of the biggest liberals in the state of Texas and would love nothing but a notch on their belt of taking out a raging egotistical man.  If there was enough on scene evidence on the woman's body to take things forward, they 100% would have.  

The truth is likely somewhere in between.  She does sound like a crazy b from everything I've read.  If he's hired by IU I trust he's cleared their investigation.  The chances of him coaching at IU are maybe 10% imo.  

Less than that. He's not even someone they would hold a conversation with. 

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I think its obvious timing could be an issue here. I do feel like Woodson knows his time is up as do the players. Queen as well likely had an idea which could have played a role in his decision.

I think Calberts facial expression caught on camera was a sign that things had already started to happen on the back channels that he was completely aware of.

Fischers comment on live broadcast was pretty telling I thought as well.

DD speaking of the staff and players partying immediately after a home loss to me says they are all just going through the motions similar to when Sampson, Crean and Miller knew their fate before the season ended.

Like i said yesterday, I think a change is on the way. Or, at the very least, the wheels of motion are well on their way.

If not, then I would like to think that the athletic dept would have spoken up in an effort to control damage and redirect fan and media narratives to a more supportive position. Like Fred Glass did during the Crean era.

If it were me, I would release Woodson. Enter Cheaney into the Interim role alongside Hulls and let these kids have some fun to close out the season. Especially for the seniors. 

Like we all said during the last few coaching changes, if IU makes a move, and with the dumpster fire we have now, it looks like a forced hand situation, IU has to get it right.

I have no inside info on this. Purely conjecture supported by reading of tea leaves combined with a dash of hope and common sense.

He's announcing retirement pre B1G tourney.  He's not quitting.  

• Haha 4

I figured DD would be in fire today but was surprised the first people he went after.  He got on the fans for booing last night because at Indiana that is beneath us. Went on to say the attitude of the students are bad because the administration sis catering to New York and N. Chicago kids.  He said he talks with a lot of restaurant and bar owners and they talk about how unruly the kids are today.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

It's sad to know I have reached that point again in my IUBB fan cycle of coming here and ITH and basically anywhere over and over daily to see if the big announcement of the firing of the HC has happened. Really hoping to see something after another embarrassing home loss last night. 

While I am not supporting fan booing, it does get noticed. It's sadly becoming an IU tradition; a rite of passage for soon to be former HC. Perhaps the booing, emails, etc. will help the AD do what he needs to do to  'get this program over the hump.' 

I watched the video above with the guy breaking down CMW as the Knick's HC. NGL, that one got to me. It was posted 10 years ago and he has not changed one bit. If there is no change at HC, there will be no change in IUBB and more of this. 💩

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

11:07am and Dolson hasn't fired him yet. I'm hoping its because the ladies have a big game tonight and Dolson doesnt want to take away from that. We can always hope....😃

I hate the negativity but I didn’t bring it to this program…that’s from the administration. I just don’t see them firing him in season. We didn’t do that to Archie and wouldn’t do it to a legendary player and figure like Woody. 

My hope is that they could have a mutual agreement for Woody to remain with the program on the administrative side or something…like take an office similar to what Matta did…save some face…collect his check…and then step away after the spot light has moved to someone else. He could remain around the team to hopefully help with the transition somewhat or be a mentor to some of his guys he recruited. Not sure a new coach would allow that but who knows. I think a guy like Beard would do anything to coach again at a program like ours after Texas sent him packing. He can have competitive teams at Ol Miss but he is going to struggle to win at the highest level with the recruiting disadvantages there compared to say UK, Florida, Tennessee, and Texas in the SEC. Whatever happens I don’t want it to happen now…I would want this handled with care and respect…but I do want a change.

• Like 2