Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

Just now, IU Scott said:

They just showed the standings and the last double bye is at 10-8. Will be far fetched but if we win our past two and some of the teams above lose out we could get up to 4th

seems so hard to believe, but at the same time MN and MSU aren't exactly world beaters and we do have talent on this team.  

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

seems so hard to believe, but at the same time MN and MSU aren't exactly world beaters and we do have talent on this team.  

We play both of them and if we best them we would have the tie breakers if we tie with them. Also NW also has been hit hard by the injury bug and lost another starter lady night. Do I think it will happen know because I think winning at Minnesota will be tough

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We play both of them and if we best them we would have the tie breakers if we tie with them. Also NW also has been hit hard by the injury bug and lost another starter lady night. Do I think it will happen know because I think winning at Minnesota will be tough

of course i think we'll lose both, but you never know i guess.  maybe we win both and all of the right teams lose.  we end up 4th.  win the BTT and get into the Big Dance!  i am actually hearing One Shining Moment in my head right now.  

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They just showed the standings and the last double bye is at 10-8. Will be far fetched but if we win our last two and some of the teams above lose out we could get up to 4th

No we can't get top 4... Nebraska has 10 wins, but they beat us twice... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

If winning the last two changes anybody’s decision, then we really do have clowns in charge. 

Yes it changes nothing. don’t think we have much of a chance of competing on national stage with this style of play on both ends of the floor. sure he got us to couple of tournaments but I believe thats about the ceiling unfortunately. Getting ran off the floor by Miami last year really opened my eyes on that. Look at the final four teams last couple years. All play a smaller modern style on offense. It’s not post oriented like us and they don’t play the terrible nail,slot,rim defense. Unless Woodson would be willing to switch his style it’s over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5 championships said:

Yes it changes nothing. don’t think we have much of a chance of competing on national stage with this style of play on both ends of the floor. sure he got us to couple of tournaments but I believe thats about the ceiling unfortunately. Getting ran off the floor by Miami last year really opened my eyes on that. Look at the final four teams last couple years. All play a smaller modern style on offense. It’s not post oriented like us and they don’t play the terrible nail,slot,rim defense. Unless Woodson would be willing to switch his style it’s over.

Agree.  And Coach Laranega made Woody look clueless in that game.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

Same. IU I'm sure is looking for reasons to keep him.

Two NCAATs after 6 years not being in. Won’t have a losing season this year. Sr PG missed half the season. No way they fire a member of the IU family after that. Just kind of stuck where they are. 

• Like 1

Our old friend Stuben has reappeared over on BTB and is having trouble making friends over there.  He is doing the same over there that he did here to get banned. He is trying to tell everyone how to think and how stupid they are if they don't agree with him. He is pretty much the only one over there defending Woodson. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Understatement of the decade. I’d argue college basketball in general is down…from what I’ve seen outside a couple teams it’s really bad across the board.

There are only two B1G teams that will likely be favored to make the round of 32

On 3/1/2024 at 9:36 AM, Feathery said:

Texas tech has only made one final four. They did have a lot of transfers but I dont remember the amount. They also fell off the next year and won 18 games. Then 18 the following year as well. That was also pre-NIL. This season there was a stat that was posted on social media that every team that took more than 4 were not projected to make the tournament. 

Now with NIL the top teams can offer money and a chance to win by supplementing. So IU in order to have a chance to land the pieces to be a contender next season will need to raise a boatload of cash and overspend. Forget the $6 mil they spent for this year, going to have to be substantially more imo. 

As I was checking out Pearl's track record, I came across the fact that Auburn has 4 transfers this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1