Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

27 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

So he's being given another year?  

I have a job that is very performance based and people end up on the chopping block frequently. I would not interpret the fact the fact that he is going to the game tonight as he is being retained.

For all we know, Dolson may have said to get another year he has to make the NIT this year AND have traction towards improvement next year by way of recruiting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Good point about the NBA….with a schedule of 82 games, a loss here and there is no big deal, so you move on to the next game. Unfortunately, you don’t have that luxury in college, and that may affect his decision making. We’ll see if he adapts next year assuming he’s back.

Not to mention that over half of the teams make the playoffs and you don't really have to "build a tournament resume"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

So neither of them knows?  Or he's still coaching for his job?  If he was coaching for his job wouldn't he be recruiting for his job too?  

Well you would think. Like I said I have no idea what’s going on between Woodson and Dolson. If I were important enough to have that information I wouldn’t be here lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

That's not entirely true. My brother's daughter didn't get in from out of state and she was accepted to PSU and a dozen other schools just as good as IU. Seems like you are not a big fan of the school? 

Love IU. I would go into why she didnt get in but HoosierFaithful would ban me...Just not a fan of their admittance policies any longer. I will leave it at that.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I have a job that is very performance based and people end up on the chopping block frequently. I would not interpret the fact the fact that he is going to the game tonight as he is being retained.

For all we know, Dolson may have said to get another year he has to make the NIT this year AND have traction towards improvement next year by way of recruiting.

And if Mr. Dolson feels that is an acceptable level of performance then the mighty IU has greatly fallen.

I would be disappointed and feel the only way the program would stand a chance going forward would be to clean house starting at the admin level.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

So neither of them knows?  Or he's still coaching for his job?  If he was coaching for his job wouldn't he be recruiting for his job too?  

Maybe not.  '25 players aren't going to save his bacon.  He might be thinking the portal is where to focus all of his attention.

Obviously, if things crap out for him we end up in even worse shape.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

They do however this screams of being a reactionary visit. Crazy how he meets with Dolson yesterday and then today he is magically going out to watch a recruit. 

Good point DC...... It's sort of like this … Dolson says to Coach….

"Coach Woodson, you mentioned you're not going anywhere anytime soon..... Make me believe you, because right now, I'm not feeling it."

Edited by Artesian_86

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I don't think that's connected. I think Dolson pointed out things that Woodson has been doing a poor job of but the perception is already what it is and recruits know. It's not going to get better. 

I get the feeling that Woodson's meeting didn't go as plan and Dolson said some things that sort of surprised him. I wouldn't be shocked if Coach Woodson went to Quinn to complain or "tell on him". lol....JMO

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Good point DC...... It's sort of like, "Coach, mentioned you're going anywhere anytime soon..... Make me believe you, because right now, I'm not feeling it."

Wednesday they “were saving their visits for the portal” and now he’s visiting. It’s reactionary.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Wednesday they “were saving their visits for the portal” and now he’s visiting. It’s reactionary.

We are saving visits but now we visit, I have learned no indiana commits for Woodson in 3 yrs, dominated by NW, PSU and Nebraska, the “hump” is way too big of an issue, hearing a 4th year is ok with forced asst coach changes or a GM to “help”? (Where does this happen)  Goodness, if our admin can’t see this writing on the wall…..but maybe I am just a frustrated fan. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I shared a screenshot of Mullins’ dad liking a tweet the previous night that said something like “where are the IU coaches tonight?” 

Wouldn’t surprise me if that got back to the staff one way or another (especially if guys like Coach Ya are checking tweets from IU fans). 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I shared a screenshot of Mullins’ dad liking a tweet the previous night that said something like “where are the IU coaches tonight?” 

Wouldn’t surprise me if that got back to the staff one way or another (especially if guys like Coach Ya are checking tweets from IU fans). 

…if something like that has stirred the coaching staff to get out and watch HS bb, shame on them! Seriously, that is unacceptable and a huge red flag moving forward. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

…. on my way to the Seymour sectional tonight. It’s really a great time of year for everyone!

My go to,….bag of pop corn and a Mountain Dew, everytime… lol

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

…. on my way to the Seymour sectional tonight. It’s really a great time of year for everyone!

I need zero sugar Mt Dew nowadays but good choices.  I had a real sugar dew the other day and felt like I just smoked some weed lol.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I lost to Seymour my Jr year in football sectionals.  We were like ranked #2/3 and they ended up going all the way to state and losing to Hobart.  Was the only good year Boonville had up until a couple years ago with the Mockobee kid who is now at Purdue.  

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Good point DC...... It's sort of like this … Dolson says to Coach….

"Coach Woodson, you mentioned you're not going anywhere anytime soon..... Make me believe you, because right now, I'm not feeling it."

When he said he wasn’t going anywhere soon, he meant to watch recruits 

• Haha 9
  • Sad 1