Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

3 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

So as we can reflect I’d say most of us would agree that in hindsight BOTH Crean AND Miller had a higher upside and more potential to have success here and we followed them both up with a LESS qualified candidate with LESS of a potential to succeed.

If Quinn is responsible the guy should be banned for a year from all things IU. Put his butt in a timeout

I certainly hope Quinn will step aside now and let Dolson do his job.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Fife chopped his own legs off. In this world...between a blend of sports and academia he went down the wrong path. Just my 2 cents. 

He'd be better off finding a deep bench gig or even a smaller school position and start his career path all over.

Yeah, I don't buy that it was a hit job. There's a reason Dane hasn't landed another job.

If he wants to get back into coaching, it needs to start at a small school like you suggest. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

So as we can reflect I’d say most of us would agree that in hindsight BOTH Crean AND Miller had a higher upside and more potential to have success here and we followed them both up with a LESS qualified candidate with LESS of a potential to succeed.

If Quinn is responsible the guy should be banned for a year from all things IU. Put his butt in a timeout

Can Benson get his old teammate Quinn some access at Purdue? Asking for a friend. 

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This seems contradictory. 

Yeah it does. What did Fife do? I don’t remember anything other than offering a kid and Woodson didn’t want to offer the kid. And then something about not liking NIL. 

7 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Yeah it does. What did Fife do? I don’t remember anything other than offering a kid and Woodson didn’t want to offer the kid. And then something about not liking NIL. 

Rabjohns mentioned he brought up politics multiple times. 

And he brought up to Kyle Flipikowskihatecourtstroming, that he shouldn't need (essentially) NIL to play basketball at Indiana. At dinner with KF parents.

Bottom line... Fife hasn't gotten a job since. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Rabjohns mentioned he brought up politics multiple times. 

And he brought up to Kyle Flipikowskihatecourtstroming, that he shouldn't need (essentially) NIL to play basketball at Indiana. At dinner with KF parents.

Bottom line... Fife hasn't gotten a job since. 

IU had just become very public about embracing NIL and Fife still believed in playing for the name on the jersey

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

IU had just become very public about embracing NIL and Fife still believed in playing for the name on the jersey

And now Kyle Flip plays for Duke and Dane doesn't have a job. 😂😂😂

• Like 4

How much sense does it make to not pay NIL when everyone else does?  Who on earth would think that way?  Less than 1% of humans?

You are a player with no guarantee of future earnings.  I don’t care how good you are, there are no guarantees in life.  Things happen.  So you get a chance to make substantial money now or you go play somewhere for the name on the jersey?  By the way, it is money that the market will bear, i.e., your market value.   It’s not like it is a gift or something shameful.  It’s an economic value.  It literally defies all common sense and judgement to recruit someone without NIL emphasized.  Would anyone go work in a job for free when another company pays you well?

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Ya'll are forgetting Randy Wittman is still on staff as an advisor...another NBA coach drawing up plays. lol

Wittman does absolutely nothing for this team. He was a part of this at the beginning of Woody's tenure but does nothing now yet still is on the payroll. Who wouldn't want that roll

• Like 3

16 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i don't know. i feel like there was a decent amount of people who were pumped because he was an alum and had NBA experience.  no?

That was just cope after the hire was made.  I think that has happened with the past few hires.  Initially you have a bit of reticence because of X,Y, and Z but I think deep down most of us want things to work here.  So after the initial disappointment or questioning of the decision, most fans start looking for reasons to get on board.

• Like 6

so Rutgers still has OSU at home which should give them 8 conference wins.  OSU still has Mich a home which could give them 8.  when MD beats us today they'll have 8.  if we don't beat MSU in the last game, we very likely will finish 13th out of 14 in the Big 10.  sounds impossible to finish 13th in a conference called the Big 10.  

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

so Rutgers still has OSU at home which should give them 8 conference wins.  OSU still has Mich a home which could give them 8.  when MD beats us today they'll have 8.  if we don't beat MSU in the last game, we very likely will finish 13th out of 14 in the Big 10.  sounds impossible to finish 13th in a conference called the Big 10.  

update - huge win in the BTT aspect.  we just may avoid day 1 yet.  Bring Woodson back!  it was all just because X missed some games.  whew.  all should be good going forward.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

update - huge win in the BTT aspect.  we just may avoid day 1 yet.  Bring Woodson back!  it was all just because X missed some games.  whew.  all should be good going forward.  

They just showed the standings and the last double bye is at 10-8. Will be far fetched but if we win our last two and some of the teams above lose out we could get up to 4th

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1