Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

6 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Money to players that were CURRENTLY on Auburn's team. Chuck Person and by extension Pearl, wasn't "buying" recruits which is what you literally implied. 

Try and keep up. 

Isn't thinking it was never brought up in recruiting a little naive? 

17 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I had read the same info as mentioned and summarized like this:

Skipping recruiting days over the last 3 years.

Recruits hearing from other HC more than Woodson.

Needs major help from the portal to overhaul a roster.

Choosing to pursue "ready-made" players instead of recruiting and developing HS kids

Woodson publicly stating 2 point shots are good while having one of the worst 3 point rates 3 years in a row.

HS, AAU, and other coaches/trainers have heard very little from a certain HC over the course of 3 years. 

It's March of year 3. It took until Feb. for Woodson to go see Sisley and Mullins, two of the top in-state prospects and he didn't see Mullins in a game until the sectional semifinals.

Told Boogie Fland "Boogie, again, I cannot promise you minutes because I am anticipating that Xavier Johnson may be getting a seventh year..."

I am literally just reposting what was posted on BTB and based on what Rabby has been posting. 

I think that last one was a joke.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

We do have a 5 star kid coming in? Right? There's another (Davis) who might be in this class too...and 25 has always been the big target...Very few have made a decision...If Woody totally whiffs there, then you might have a point...

If Dolson is going to let the pitchforks and torches crowd make his decision, then he's not much of a leader...And I don't believe that's the case...

I get it...You want Woody gone...I'm not trying to dissuade anyone off that point...

I think he deserves another year...Simple as that

Time will tell...

MODS he is name calling.....:coffee:🤣

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I think that last one was a joke.

Could be, maybe not if what is being said is true at all. I'm sure at some point if X wasn't going to be healthy enough to play he could have tried to get a medical waiver. But regardless, I think you get the overall point. Woody being on the hot seat isn't just about this season's drop. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Really?

"Of the alleged $91,500 Person received during the investigation, the complaint says Person claimed to have given $11,000 of that money to the mother of the first player and an additional $7,500 to the mother of the second player." 

Honestly who cares. He broke a NCAA rule that ended up being shot down by the Supreme Court. Now people are getting their money through “NIL” which is literally pay for play. And most of these families are poor. So a coach gives a poor family $11k, that’s the morally right thing to do. Screw the NCAA and their illegal rules and subjective/selective enforcement. Schools have learned not to take any crap from the NCAA, see the Tennessee and Virginia Attorney Generals suing the NCAA for trying to limit NIL. paying players is what it’s always taken and any rule to stop it has been proven to be illegal. 

Just now, 13th&Jackson said:

You have a point. Maybe rename it Woodson on Hot Seat. He won’t be fired this year, but next year looks really dicey. Will be a lot of hot seat discussion in off season 

I think that's far from a reality at this point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I think that's far from a reality at this point. 

I just don’t see them pulling the plug unless there’s a lot behind the scenes that isn’t public knowledge. As much as I’m convinced it was a bad hire, I’ve remained in the camp that there was zero chance he’d be fired this year. 

9 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Honestly who cares. He broke a NCAA rule that ended up being shot down by the Supreme Court. Now people are getting their money through “NIL” which is literally pay for play. And most of these families are poor. So a coach gives a poor family $11k, that’s the morally right thing to do. Screw the NCAA and their illegal rules and subjective/selective enforcement. Schools have learned not to take any crap from the NCAA, see the Tennessee and Virginia Attorney Generals suing the NCAA for trying to limit NIL. paying players is what it’s always taken and any rule to stop it has been proven to be illegal. 

Not to mention that the coach doing this wasn’t named Pearl.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

What odds do I get? :) 

A lot of variables...Don't know who we'll have on the roster...But let's just say if we have a nucleus of Reneau, Mgbako, and Cupps, I feel good about our chances...I'll be excited to see 2 shooters like McNeely and Mgbako out there...

LOL...I burned $20 to prove the experience stuff...Hell yeah...at 10-1 I'd put $100 down ;) 

Booo!

i need to call you Senator IUFLA because you like wiggling out of answers. 😎

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I just don’t see them pulling the plug unless there’s a lot behind the scenes that isn’t public knowledge. As much as I’m convinced it was a bad hire, I’ve remained in the camp that there was zero chance he’d be fired this year. 

Agree

43 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I had read the same info as mentioned and summarized like this:

Skipping recruiting days over the last 3 years.

Recruits hearing from other HC more than Woodson.

Needs major help from the portal to overhaul a roster.

Choosing to pursue "ready-made" players instead of recruiting and developing HS kids

Woodson publicly stating 2 point shots are good while having one of the worst 3 point rates 3 years in a row.

HS, AAU, and other coaches/trainers have heard very little from a certain HC over the course of 3 years. 

It's March of year 3. It took until Feb. for Woodson to go see Sisley and Mullins, two of the top in-state prospects and he didn't see Mullins in a game until the sectional semifinals.

Told Boogie Fland "Boogie, again, I cannot promise you minutes because I am anticipating that Xavier Johnson may be getting a seventh year..."

I am literally just reposting what was posted on BTB and based on what Rabby has been posting. 

I'll just say this...Woodson is likely far more incompetent than even the most negative poster on here could possibly ever imagine.  The 2025 class is completely gone if Woody stays.  Hard to see how he lands anyone good in the portal either.  He needs to go immediately and Dolson knows this.  It's probably why he's given Rabjohns the green light to say what he's saying.  There's still a few power players that likely need convincing.  But make no mistake if Woody is the coach next season IU basketball is 100 percent dead.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

You have a point. Maybe rename it Woodson on Hot Seat. He won’t be fired this year, but next year looks really dicey. Will be a lot of hot seat discussion in off season 

we can't and won't give up that easily!  he very well could lose the last 3 still.  

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

what's tough to accept is how few people really believe that next year will be any better than this year, but still want to give him that year?  just wait another year before we even start trying to fix this thing?  

If Woodson is back, there will be a lot of crow being eaten.

• Like 1

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

what's tough to accept is how few people really believe that next year will be any better than this year, but still want to give him that year?  just wait another year before we even start trying to fix this thing?  

I don’t believe Woodson having another year will move the program forward. Just have never believed they’d make a change. I’ve said that we’re set up for a Holtmann scenario. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Never give up hope!!!!!!

candle-kerze.gif

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I don’t believe Woodson having another year will move the program forward. Just have never believed they’d make a change. I’ve said that we’re set up for a Holtmann scenario. 

If he’s retained, next year is going to be Cupps, Sparks, Reneau, Galloway (maybe), Liam and 7-8 one year mercenaries who get the chance to say they played for a B10 program. This team will win 5-6 B10 games and have zero 2025 recruits signed due to the status of a lame duck coach. Whoever inherits this team next is going to inherit a roster of 2-3 players.

If you retain Woody you almost have to extend him because you can’t let him recruit with only 2 years left on his contract. This whole situation is a mess. Just pull the plug now.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'll just say this...Woodson is likely far more incompetent than even the most negative poster on here could possibly ever imagine.  The 2025 class is completely gone if Woody stays.  Hard to see how he lands anyone good in the portal either.  He needs to go immediately and Dolson knows this.  It's probably why he's given Rabjohns the green light to say what he's saying.  There's still a few power players that likely need convincing.  But make no mistake if Woody is the coach next season IU basketball is 100 percent dead.

what page is the rabjohns stuff on, i missed it. thanks

22 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

lets extend him, IUfla says this is 1985 all over so in 2 years Woodson will win it all, so give him 3 more years.

• Like 3