Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

2 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

What stinks for me as a fan is the fact that buying players for the now eliminates the (potential) joy of seeing some develop and grow in their careers. Some players don't get it until they're upperclassmen. Watching Victor Oladipo become Victor OLADIPO!! took time, and it was a wonderful thing to see. His blossoming was enjoyable because of where he started and where he ended up.

It's highly unlikely Kaleb Banks or CJ Gunn return -- and I mean this with the utmost sincerity -- it sucks that we won't get the chance to see their possible growth. Of course they are responsible for their own effort, but the downside to constantly buying players is that we eliminate the chances of seeing the next Haston, Wilmont, Evans, Coverdale, etc. growing and succeeding (and truly becoming) Indiana Hoosiers.

I definitely think Gunn is for sure gone. If you look at his dad’s twitter such a big difference now compared to weeks ago even. His dad is very active in there and kudos to him for never publicly calling out coaching staff for his son not getting PT, 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

I think the mods should lock this thread and move us to the Woody is returning thread.  Too much too track 😂.

Also I really like what someone said in the transfer thread, extra money doesn’t solve the transfer portal.  It’s a ready, aim, shoot approach.  Other schools have just as much money, the coach and structure are the key.

Still think we should lock this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

more importantly, how many are with me in not believing that it is 100% that Woodson will be back.  things could still dictate that right?

Its hard to say with all the different rumors circulating. It could be that Kenya Hunter knows he's out and he is the IU connection to Montverde.

Maybe Woodson is staying and this years results and overall style of play has them realizing they don't want to play for Woodson and could be better utilized by Self while competing for a national title.

I heard in the office several days ago that Woodson was announcing “retirement” just before B1G tourney.

Lots of speculation happening and I don't  have a clue what to believe.

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I tried telling you all. This isn’t going to be good. Year 1 post Sampson incoming if not worse 

stop!  people don't like when you say negative things!  JK.  i am do devastated right now.  the Woodson announcement was rough, but i was trying to convince myself how excited i was to have Liam.  now this.  

• Like 1