Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

1 minute ago, RoadToZion said:

JHS did a camp as well. Means nothing. 

i would agree with you. but i think the premise is it's not as awkward for even KW in the same picture/announcement to leave going the pro route vs leaving a program to transfer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Have no idea where to post this but I would think this is a positive sign of Mac returning? 

Awkward to host a camp in April if you’ve transferred out lol 

BC1E69D7-374B-49A2-9C84-6107F84287A8.png

I believe the camp has been in the works all season and is already sold out.  Means nothing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Inequality said:

Most folks think if you’re lacking throw money at it. Meanwhile coaches at small town universities create a real fundamental foundation and get a leg up by actually developing players and evolving the strengths of their program.

When the money runs out or there is a lapse in talent, your weakness gets exposed and your back to dumpster fire.

Imagine IU spending loads of money buying as much talent as possible to try and win the national championship they gave away when firing a guy over phone calls and weed.

Money pouring in at IU is nothing new. But a coach like Teri Moren needs very little in comparison to sustain a competitive edge. She has a culture and program established.

Maybe they could just pay the fans some name image likeness funds to not boo Woodson out of town.

Look at Kentucky and their lack of success over the years churning the roster each year for the most part

1 hour ago, rico said:

Reading this thread just gets me more depressed about the state of Indiana University basketball.

I dont recall the number of pages the Moses Abraham or Luke Brown threads had, but this one will absolutely shatter the HSN thread size record before all is said and done.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I dont recall the number of pages the Moses Abraham or Luke Brown threads had, but this one will absolutely shatter the HSN thread size record before all is said and done.

Those threads weren't depressing.  Daily misery in this one.

• Like 2

as much as i'm cheering to land studs in the portal, then i get frustrated thinking - if they're willing to throw all this money at guys, it's a shame they aren't willing to get a good coach AND throw all that money at those players.  wouldn't that be a nice combo?

• Like 9

3 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

as much as i'm cheering to land studs in the portal, then i get frustrated thinking - if they're willing to throw all this money at guys, it's a shame they aren't willing to get a good coach AND throw all that money at those players.  wouldn't that be a nice combo?

Ask the Simons 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ask the Simons 

I hate that they are willing to take a huge risk/gamble for another year under Woodson. I totally feel the Coach Woodson and Co. is currently “On the Clock” as we speak. Yes, it’s been said that he’ll be back, but I feel it’s condition Al. JMO…
I really feel IU doesn’t want to be associated with the term, “We don’t eat our own!”

Here’s my take,…..because he’s the former IU great Mike Woodson and earned back to back NCAA births his first two years is the only reason he’s getting a fourth year,…..”conditionally”.

The donors have upped the money to land the players Coach Woodson needs. Also being able to keep players like MM, MR along with already committed TG and AL will help sell player commitments to Coach Woodson. If key IU players decide hit the portal and Coach Woodson isn’t able to land an upgraded roster through the portal,…..even with more money to throw around, I don’t think he survives the summer. JMO

The boosters/donors aren’t going to want to throw more money without landing some top level, desperately needed position players. Like I just said, if Coach Woodson doesn’t lock down and create a dramatic roster improvement through retention of players and the portal, he probably doesn’t see the 2024-2025 season. JMO

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I hate that they are willing to take a huge risk/gamble for another year under Woodson. I totally feel the Coach Woodson and Co. is currently “On the Clock” as we speak. Yes, it’s been said that he’ll be back, but I feel it’s condition Al. JMO…
I really feel IU doesn’t want to be associated with the term, “We don’t eat our own!”

Here’s my take,…..because he’s the former IU great Mike Woodson and earned back to back NCAA births his first two years is the only reason he’s getting a fourth year,…..”conditionally”.

The donors have upped the money to land the players Coach Woodson needs. Also being able to keep players like MM, MR along with already committed TG and AL will help sell player commitments to Coach Woodson. If key IU players decide hit the portal and Coach Woodson isn’t able to land an upgraded roster through the portal,…..even with more money to throw around, I don’t think he survives the summer. JMO

The boosters/donors aren’t going to want to throw more money without landing some top level, desperately needed position players. Like I just said, if Coach Woodson doesn’t lock down and create a dramatic roster improvement through retention of players and the portal, he probably doesn’t see the 2024-2025 season. JMO

Can't operate that way. He's here for next year unless a replacement coach is hired in the next two weeks. Can't be looking for a coach in the summer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Can't operate that way. He's here for next year unless a replacement coach is hired in the next two weeks. Can't be looking for a coach in the summer. 

Exactly,…. any/most major D1 schools wouldn’t do what the IU administration/BoT’s is allowing. There is something to this situation. It just seems “bought” with conditional promises…. 
JMO

• Like 1

Dusty May. Finally an IU alum, who's up and coming, having success, very likable, fun style of play, and cheap enough for us to hire. 

And we are going to let him go to Louisville.

It is extremely hard to be a fan of this program. It really is.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Exactly,…. any/most major D1 schools wouldn’t do what the IU administration/BoT’s is allowing. There is something to this situation. It just seems “bought” with conditional promises…. 
JMO

I think you're on to something. We'll know for sure within a week or 2 of the Final Four.  IF Woodson can't land enough top portal players to build a competitive team, AND Dolson has a proven power 4 coach that wants the job, a change could be made. Seems like there may be too many egos involved for that to occur, but I guess we'll see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

Dusty May. Finally an IU alum, who's up and coming, having success, very likable, fun style of play, and cheap enough for us to hire. 

And we are going to let him go to Louisville.

It is extremely hard to be a fan of this program. It really is.

Dusty May could very well be a better coach than Mike Woodson.  But, he should NOT be in the top 3 on the IU candidate list.

Yes, his team made one magical run to the Final Four.  News flash.  They would not even be in this year's tournament if they had not done that.

Heck, you want to base it on one tournament run, then let's go hire Kevin Ollie.  He won the whole damn thing and look at where he is now.

• Like 8