Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

This being the It’s Time… Fire Mike Woodson thread, one coach is off the list now for sure. The quest continues.

I have some wild ideas that are out there, but as our quest continues, anything must be on the table.

I think I dreamed we offered Coach K.

10 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Smh… and we are stuck with… bah… nvm. Not at all surprised.

I know, right? Fire Mike Woodson. But I repeat myself. I think I may be more in awe and have respect for programs that are willing to recognize what isn’t working and work towards finding what does work. 

• Like 1

As I sit here watching Marquette I’m surprised more people don’t want us to look at Shaka Smart. I don’t like how he “plays defense” on the sideline but what he’s done with three different teams, two of which don’t have the resources we have, and the third being a football school is pretty impressive. He should be right behind Pearl if not equal to Pearl. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Michigan allows their AD to do his job.

Hahaha. Michigan fans want their AD fired and is generally viewed as being incompetent at his job. Their fans are split on Dusty being successful or not. But Warde Manuel has a track record at Michigan of being very slow at making decisions, see their hockey coach contract expiring and sitting on a report with no action for 6ish months before the media got it and he had to do something. He let their baseball coach go, his handling of sign stealing in football was not well received for not backing Harbaugh when the NCAA had the Big Ten come after him bc NCAA rule wasn’t technically broken. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

As I sit here watching Marquette I’m surprised more people don’t want us to look at Shaka Smart. I don’t like how he “plays defense” on the sideline but what he’s done with three different teams, two of which don’t have the resources we have, and the third being a football school is pretty impressive. He should be right behind Pearl if not equal to Pearl. 

I’d love to see IU play this style. Just not sure he would leave Marquette. He is from Wisconsin and after his issues at Texas, I could see him being a lifer at Marquette. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I agree. And he's 46. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Yes. Warde Manuel hired Howard. 

He also fired Howard, something Indiana can't seem to get through their minds that needs to happen. The whole Indiana athletic administration and BOT needs a complete overhaul. In my opinion we need a 40 yard dumpster to get rid of all the garbage that has accumulated. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Feathery said:

Hahaha. Michigan fans want their AD fired and is generally viewed as being incompetent at his job. Their fans are split on Dusty being successful or not. But Warde Manuel has a track record at Michigan of being very slow at making decisions, see their hockey coach contract expiring and sitting on a report with no action for 6ish months before the media got it and he had to do something. He let their baseball coach go, his handling of sign stealing in football was not well received for not backing Harbaugh when the NCAA had the Big Ten come after him bc NCAA rule wasn’t technically broken. 

And yet they just won the football national championship in football and hired the basketball coach we wanted. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

He also fired Howard, something Indiana can't seem to get through their minds that needs to happen. The whole Indiana athletic administration and BOT needs a complete overhaul. In my opinion we need a 40 yard dumpster to get rid of all the garbage that has accumulated. 

You are correct. It needs a complete tear down. It is archaic and political. 

I've never seen such a lack of urgency, lack of business sense and general idleness and laziness in a university athletic department.

It truly is stunning and sad. Arguably the worst athletic department in the entire B1G.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Turtle said:

And yet they just won the football national championship in football and hired the basketball coach we wanted. 

Yep. It’s viewed that the team won in spite of the AD and not bc of. There was a big rift behind the scenes between the AD and Harbaugh. The AD will never win that debate and he needs both his football and basketball hires to pan out or he is gone. The previous AD got ran out of town because of a guy who runs the largest fan site , MGoBlog. The guys who run that site have already turned on Warde and he is a former football player there.