Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

Most would take Painter over Woodson and he isn't even on the list.

Pearl is #4 on the list.  Hard to think we would be able to steal him without making us #1 on the overpaying list.

I'd rather over pay for someone really good (not necessarily Pearl) than the other way around. Not sure when Painter's contract is up, but seems like he needs to get a better agent. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Top 13 salary for a Coach no NBA or D1 team would want lmfao what are we doing here?!

0A7CB193-74CD-466C-967F-66D46325CD34.png

E09BE5DC-1B84-47D1-9DF0-EF36AFD4F3CD.png

Hard to look at that list and not see the SECs commitment to basketball. 6 of the Top 12 salaries in the country.  

• Like 2

When was the last time you heard of CMW or assistants hosting or going to a basketball clinic?

Does any opponent ever say IU is tough to prepare for or they run great stuff?

After watching darn near 100 games of men’s & women’s basketball the last 10 days it’s apparent there are some great coaches out there (Indiana HS too)

Utah State ran a bunch of 4/5 pick n roll to get open 3’s against Edey 

IU had two bigs who shot 3’s at a high level…

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

When was the last time you heard of CMW or assistants hosting or going to a basketball clinic?

Does any opponent ever say IU is tough to prepare for or they run great stuff?

After watching darn near 100 games of men’s & women’s basketball the last 10 days it’s apparent there are some great coaches out there (Indiana HS too)

Utah State ran a bunch of 4/5 pick n roll to get open 3’s against Edey 

IU had two bigs who shot 3’s at a high level…

I wasn’t sure which emoji to choose, like or sad, but I liked your comment because while it’s difficult to read (as an IU fan), it’s hard to argue against it.  Sad state of affairs at IU; I know there’s optimism within the players, portal, etc, but the overall trajectory that’s been discussed at length is just not a good one. I’d take Matt Painter in a heartbeat right now, along with Josh Schertz, and Micah Shrewsberry. I would take the coach at Indiana Wesleyan and I don’t even know who he is, but I know they’re doing well. I’m rambling and need more coffee, lol, but hopefully you get my point.

20 hours ago, ledies22 said:

I'm not disagreeing with that. I don't get the notion that people are throwing out there that IU is going to buy their players. why is there a negative connotation to that. Everyone is doing it. Why are some throwing out this pathetic attempt of criticism? UK is doing it. KU is doing it. Duke is doing it.

I think it goes back to the Billionaire supporters throwing extra money this year comments.  It feels like a hail marry for just one season.  I am more concerned that it isn't sustainable plan going forward.  Every team is buying players, its how things are done, but do we want to be an organization that exclusively buys portal players instead of trying to buy high school players.  the only difference i see in the 2 is this.  Getting high school players feels more like they are committing to the school and the paycheck over just the paycheck.  Can't say that is sound thinking or if there is any actual evidence to that, but its my opinion.

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

We should have hired May. He will bring in Fife as an assistant and will kill us for more than a decade. Im certain of it. 

Why do people act as if Fife is some kind of genius. I always thought he was basically an a$$.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrsStoller said:

I wasn’t sure which emoji to choose, like or sad, but I liked your comment because while it’s difficult to read (as an IU fan), it’s hard to argue against it.  Sad state of affairs at IU; I know there’s optimism within the players, portal, etc, but the overall trajectory that’s been discussed at length is just not a good one. I’d take Matt Painter in a heartbeat right now, along with Josh Schertz, and Micah Shrewsberry. I would take the coach at Indiana Wesleyan and I don’t even know who he is, but I know they’re doing well. I’m rambling and need more coffee, lol, but hopefully you get my point.

Flagship University in THE basketball state & conference 

PS. Could you imagine if CMW lost to FDU?  “Not my fault Braden had 7 turnovers….i didn’t shoot 21% on WIDE open 3’s….i gotta take a nap 😴

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Why do people act as if Fife is some kind of genius. I always thought he was basically an a$$.

The fact that he is friends with DD is a huge red flag 🚩 

CMW pushed out Thad & Dane pretty quickly 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Fife was the smartest basketball mind on the staff at the time. He was pushed out because him and Woodson didn't get along at all and that's putting it mildly. Thad wasn't pushed out. He worked for Dolson and not Woodson. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Fife was the smartest basketball mind on the staff at the time. He was pushed out because him and Woodson didn't get along at all and that's putting it mildly. Thad wasn't pushed out. He worked for Dolson and not Woodson. 

We cant talk politics here but Dane was "let go" for his political views. What a sad world we live in.  Now look at our program. A disaster. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, RoadToZion said:

We cant talk politics here but Dane was "let go" for his political views. What a sad world we live in.  Now look at our program. A disaster. 

That was part of it. They also just flat didn't get along about a lot of stuff.