Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

7 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

There is nothing wrong with playing a round of golf.

Not disagreeing but I get why people could see it as a bad sign.  With losing Liam and not understanding what dead period means people will run with it.  Also it seems He’s spent a lot of time not fully doing his job so people are on edge to see results.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Not disagreeing but I get why people could see it as a bad sign.  With losing Liam and not understanding what dead period means people will run with it.  Also it seems He’s spent a lot of time not fully doing his job so people are on edge to see results.  

Nah, we are going to land players and people are going to spend from about May to November talking about how great all the dudes we have are and how deep we are and then we find out what the score really is starting in November.  Without even seeing our roster, my guess is borderline tournament team.  We will make the tournament and flame out in the first weekend and Mike Woodson will be praised for doing something with millions of dollars that Bob Knight did with Lynn Washington, Larry Richardson, and William Gladness as his big men....and yeah, yeah, unfair to compare Woodson to a hall of fame coach but that is kind of the point isn't it?

22-12 is your over/under.

Gladly eat crow if I am wrong.

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Nah, we are going to land players and people are going to spend from about May to November talking about how great all the dudes we have are and how deep we are and then we find out what the score really is starting in November.  Without even seeing our roster, my guess is borderline tournament team.  We will make the tournament and flame out in the first weekend and Mike Woodson will be praised for doing something with millions of dollars that Bob Knight did with Lynn Washington, Larry Richardson, and William Gladness as his big men....and yeah, yeah, unfair to compare Woodson to a hall of fame coach but that is kind of the point isn't it?

22-12 is your over/under.

Gladly eat crow if I am wrong.

A lot of variables so hard to predict.  But right now i would take the under and they don’t make the tournament.  Need to see the roster and a sample of games next year before I truly go one way or the other.

• Like 2

Woodson makes 2+2 = 3.  He gets less out of his players than their talent

Couldn't win a game in tourney with TJD on the roster and it took TJD and JHS to eek out a single tourney win.

We had soon to be NBA player Ware this year and couldn't even make the tourney.

Unless he gets the Calipari level All-Star team, his teams won't get anywhere because he runs a system that gets less from more.

Sure hope we can get some All-Stars coming in or Woodson actually changes his approach (doubtful given his comments that confirm he still thinks beating a dead horse in the post is the way to go), but not holding my breath that our ceiling will be anything higher than squeezing into the tourney.

• Like 1

I don't think there is much more that can be said on this topic that hasn't been on repeat since January.

While I would be willing to bet 100 to anyones dollar that this current staff absolutely will not be bringing us a natty, it seems the path is set and is what it is so we all might as well find our seat on the bus.

That said I have all intent of retiring myself from participating in this thread for the remainder of the post season. 

I would like to remind us all to do our best to keep the other threads on topic and direct all disgruntled discussion of the staff and thoughts on the negative trajectory of the basketball program to this thread so folks can enjoy other topics.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I don't think there is much more that can be said on this topic that hasn't been on repeat since January.

While I would be willing to bet 100 to anyones dollar that this current staff absolutely will not be bringing us a natty, it seems the path is set and is what it is so we all might as well find our seat on the bus.

That said I have all intent of retiring myself from participating in this thread for the remainder of the post season. 

I would like to remind us all to do our best to keep the other threads on topic and direct all disgruntled discussion of the staff and thoughts on the negative trajectory of the basketball program to this thread so folks can enjoy other topics.

I actually suggested moving the conversation to the Mike Woodson megathread since he isn't being fired. There can be a lot of pro and con conversation that doesn't involve firing. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Inequality said:

image.gif.9cde8747fd4c5e6004ee353b9e784ca5.gif

• Haha 1

I maaaaaay get laughed at for this, but I am posting anyway to see how crazy I am…. Maybe desperate.

next coaching cycle I would put bill Murray’s son, Luke, at the top of my list to at least talk to/ do due diligence on. I was watching something last night, and Luke is the maniac behind UConn’s offense. All he does is watch basketball. FIBA, Europe, China, whatever. Anything. Everything. Took what he saw and developed their offense out of it.

or at least make him the highest paid assistant coach x2

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I maaaaaay get laughed at for this, but I am posting anyway to see how crazy I am…. Maybe desperate.

next coaching cycle I would put bill Murray’s son, Luke, at the top of my list to at least talk to/ do due diligence on. I was watching something last night, and Luke is the maniac behind UConn’s offense. All he does is watch basketball. FIBA, Europe, China, whatever. Anything. Everything. Took what he saw and developed their offense out of it.

You're assuming Woodson would listen to him (or anybody for that matter).

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, ledies22 said:

MP was impressed 

Said he’d be borrowing a few plays 

Plus Bill comes to your games which are always in NCAA….baby steps….

11 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Dogs and cats living together..mass hysteria….

• Haha 3

On 4/11/2024 at 9:37 AM, ledies22 said:

Would make for some interesting matchups against Minnesota (Gophers).

• Haha 4