Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

11 hours ago, IU247 said:

*THATS BAIT*

After his entire I'm a Masshole! I would basically write him off. Although maybe there's decension in the ranks in Boston but I highly doubt it with the number 1 team in the NBA. He's building a dynasty and cementing his legacy as a FHOF GM! Why would he trade that for IU who is in an identity crisis! 

Edited by ButlerHoosier
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, IU247 said:

*THATS BAIT*

This isn’t the first time things like this have been said the last few weeks fwiw. Nothing will happen this year but the talk of Stevens returning to college in the near future has picked up recently.

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

This isn’t the first time things like this have been said the last few weeks fwiw. Nothing will happen this year but the talk of Stevens returning to college in the near future has picked up recently.

I've heard it as well from a legit source this week

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I've heard it as well from a legit source this week

I truly believe if his kids were older when IU offered him the last time he would be the IU head coach right now. I think he’s getting the itch to coach again, he wants to win an NCAA championship, and he probably thinks his role of running an NBA franchise better sets him up for the NIL landscape. That said he likely wants to win a championship with Boston first. Regardless of what he said before Stevens has always wanted the Indiana job.

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I heard talk earlier this year that if the Celtics win the championship he'll look to get back into coaching.

2 hours ago, IUJoe said:

I heard talk earlier this year that if the Celtics win the championship he'll look to get back into coaching.

So if the Pacers can’t win then go Celtics?  

I’ll believe this when I see it, but I wouldn’t be sad if Woodson had a good year this year, win a game or two in the tourney and then decided to retire on a high note, and Stevens comes home.  I don’t know that I believe it but I’d be ready to get hurt again 😂

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I truly believe if his kids were older when IU offered him the last time he would be the IU head coach right now. I think he’s getting the itch to coach again, he wants to win an NCAA championship, and he probably thinks his role of running an NBA franchise better sets him up for the NIL landscape. That said he likely wants to win a championship with Boston first. Regardless of what he said before Stevens has always wanted the Indiana job.

I was legit getting ready to say root for Boston to win this year. Don’t think he leaves Boston until he gets that ring then it will be the last thing to do…bring Indiana back

9 hours ago, HoosierMama said:

So if the Pacers can’t win then go Celtics?  

I’ll believe this when I see it, but I wouldn’t be sad if Woodson had a good year this year, win a game or two in the tourney and then decided to retire on a high note, and Stevens comes home.  I don’t know that I believe it but I’d be ready to get hurt again 😂

I like this line of thinking!

13 hours ago, DC2345 said:

For what it’s worth, which is basically nothing lol, I had this thought a week or two ago - that he could return to coaching at the college level. I don’t know why, but I don’t think it’s a 0% thought.

On a completely unrelated topic, I’ll be starting a rosary, prayer vigil, and putting crystals out at the full moon.

And just want to say ditto what @HooosierMama said - CMW has a good year, goes out on a high note. I’m ok with that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Yeah both kids are in college now. Doesn’t his son go to Notre Dame? Also, do his parents still live here? Does his wife’s dad still live in Ohio. If the answer is yes he may want to get closer to home to be near them as they get old. 

22 hours ago, DC2345 said:

FEIW this is a good read

https://www.bostonherald.com/2023/11/03/brad-stevens-basketball-journey-was-shaped-by-bob-knight-he-was-bigger-than-life/amp/

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

And he has been adamant that Stevens will never coach in college again 

May be different now. He wouldn’t have to travel and recruit. IU obviously has a big bag to offer any portal player now. He may consider that. 

1 hour ago, JW75 said:

May be different now. He wouldn’t have to travel and recruit. IU obviously has a big bag to offer any portal player now. He may consider that. 

I doubt that would be how Stevens would want to build a roster 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I doubt that would be how Stevens would want to build a roster 

Maybe not but with the $$$$$ backing IU, recruiting:portal is going to be way easier to land who you want than it would have been before the days of NIL.