Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Kansas has three top 50 HS recruits, UK has five plus a top 75, Duke has six. IU has zero HS recruits for 2024. To be a successful program, you need a core group of veterans, a steady crop of HS recruits and portal transfers to fill needs. IU is acting like a bad pro team with lots of cap space looking to overpay for a bunch of free agents. There's no evidence that this is a formula for sustained success. 

I'm not disagreeing with that. I don't get the notion that people are throwing out there that IU is going to buy their players. why is there a negative connotation to that. Everyone is doing it. Why are some throwing out this pathetic attempt of criticism? UK is doing it. KU is doing it. Duke is doing it.

Edited by ledies22

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

I'm not disagreeing with that. I don't get the notion that people are throwing out there that IU is going to buy their players. why is there a negative connotation to that. Everyone is doing it. Why are some throwing out this pathetic criticism? UK is doing it. KU is doing it. Duke is doing it.

Yeah…but not for the whole team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DWB said:

As mentioned in an earlier post from someone, those schools have a HS recruiting class for ‘24-25’. We don’t. We’ve got 7(?) scollys open. Have to go buy them in the portal.

I get that. solely talking about buying players, What's the difference between buying transfers, or buying high school kids? the issue lies in having a team full of transfers, not in the "buying of players".

On 3/25/2024 at 2:59 PM, 5fouls said:

Do you truly think that would be the 'reason' IU would have no interest in Calipari?  

Or, are you willing to consider the fact that there could be multiple factors why he would not be hired, that are both beyond what you perceive his 'bigness' may be, and that those reasons have legitimacy behind them.

Certainly others.  But even if he was the cleanest coach ever IU would never hire him.

48 minutes ago, DWB said:

As mentioned in an earlier post from someone, those schools have a HS recruiting class for ‘24-25’. We don’t. We’ve got 7(?) scollys open. Have to go buy them in the portal.

Doesn't sound like IU is getting good feedback at all from the portal guys.  Not surprised no one wants to play for Woody's God awful system and especially when he's likely to only be here one year.  Dolson better call the Simons and the Cooks and tell them we're going to need a bigger boat.  Looks like we'll have to vastly over pay to get anyone decent.

6 hours ago, Tom White said:

Has nothing to do with "holier than thou", it has to do with Calipari just not being a good game coach.

Practice is coach time 

Game time is for players 

You think he doesn’t know defense?

trying to get freshman to learn defense is difficult….

22 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Doesn't sound like IU is getting good feedback at all from the portal guys.  Not surprised no one wants to play for Woody's God awful system and especially when he's likely to only be here one year.  Dolson better call the Simons and the Cooks and tell them we're going to need a bigger boat.  Looks like we'll have to vastly over pay to get anyone decent.

According to who, some so called message board insider whose accuracy is below the Mendoza line

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What is about Indiana fans willing to overlook a choking incident? 

Excuse me sir but I'm offended.

I've never said I was willing to overlook Purdue choking in the NCAA tournament. If anything I'm willing to bring it up at every moment possible. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Excuse me sir but I'm offended.

I've never said I was willing to overlook Purdue choking in the NCAA tournament. If anything I'm willing to bring it up at every moment possible. 

Yay for the skid marks