Davis Out For The Season

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I hit the mute button at some point on Tuesday, but wasn't Dakich talking about Davis limping around?

Yes. So for everyone playing timeline coach at home. De'Ron first game after Christmas wasn't good. After game Archie mentioned De'Ron specifically in presser. Maybe motivation for Tuesday.  Dakich noted that during pregame practice he was limping around. De'Ron was taken out of game 2 minutes into Wiscy game. Hurts self in practice Thursday. Now out indefinitely. If anyone has any additional information please pass along.

Now we have posters saying poor form on Archie. Good Lord.  I noticed the guys over at peegs have been giving the boot to plenty lately. Hopefully that doesn't mean we are inheriting the same sentiments of those boards. 

2 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I believe Priller is BETTER than perceived by some/many IU Fans !! But - that doesn't matter !! This team is sucking without him playing ANYWAY !! How could it get much worse for IU [ if he actually got to play ]???????????????????

I sure hope so now that De'Ron went down with injury someone must step up. It'll be quite interesting which one will be on the starting lineup.

7 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

I sure hope so now that De'Ron went down with injury someone must step up. It'll be quite interesting which one will be on the starting lineup.

if Priller is in the starting lineup!?  oh boy.  gotta think it will be McSwain and we'll just be small.  if not, Moore.  seriously, Priller starting?  a lineup of Priller, McRoberts, and Hartman would bring back memories of Danny Moore, Tom Pritchard, and Co.

37 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I believe Priller is BETTER than perceived by some/many IU Fans !! But - that doesn't matter !! This team is sucking without him playing ANYWAY !! How could it get much worse for IU [ if he actually got to play ]???????????????????

Priller is also injured and wearing a walking boot.

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

if Priller is in the starting lineup!?  oh boy.  gotta think it will be McSwain and we'll just be small.  if not, Moore.  seriously, Priller starting?  a lineup of Priller, McRoberts, and Hartman would bring back memories of Danny Moore, Tom Pritchard, and Co.

If it was me, I'm going small with Newkirk, Johnson, McRoberts (or Hartman), Smith, Morgan. Playing a little more up-tempo while trying to maintain the defense and lower turnovers. Spread the floor (which seems odd since we can't shoot) and have Morgan operate on the block 1-in/4-out. 

7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Priller vs McSwain sounds like we're picking a poison for ourselves. Priller practiced hard for many years, so he can at least do something right?

9 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Priller vs McSwain sounds like we're picking a poison for ourselves. Priller practiced hard for many years, so he can at least do something right?

i have to think there's a reason that a near 7 footer never touches the floor in 4 years.  i also have to think there's a reason McSwain has been playing in front of him.  i would like to think that everybody practices hard.  not everyone has the ability.   

Still trying to remember what game earlier this season, that De'Ron left and came back with an ice pack.  I asked my wife... and all she could tell me was that she remembered when I told her that De'Ron got injured.

Also..... back in October, people reported to me that De'Ron was seen on campus in a walking boot, and walking with a limp.

Not one, but two players seen in a boot... 

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Still trying to remember what game earlier this season, that De'Ron left and came back with an ice pack.  I asked my wife... and all she could tell me was that she remembered when I told her that De'Ron got injured.

Also..... back in October, people reported to me that De'Ron was seen on campus in a walking boot, and walking with a limp.

Not one, but two players seen in a boot... 

It was the Tennessee Tech game. I know because my 4 year old who wants me to record every game for him has watched that one at least 5 times. 

6 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

It was the Tennessee Tech game. I know because my 4 year old who wants me to record every game for him has watched that one at least 5 times. 

I'll send you a 30 pack for the pain you've had to go through!

Hopefully it isn't as serious as some people are thinking and he can rest up and be back soon.

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I'll send you a 30 pack for the pain you've had to go through!

Hopefully it isn't as serious as some people are thinking and he can rest up and be back soon.

That is one of the better ones to watch unfortunately. The lone highlight of this season has been my son falling in love with IU basketball. It’s a dream come true. 

45 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

That is one of the better ones to watch unfortunately. The lone highlight of this season has been my son falling in love with IU basketball. It’s a dream come true. 

It's good that he formed an allegiance at age 4.  Once they get to 8-10 years old, they tend to migrate towards teams that are championship caliber.  Unfortunately, IU has not been drawing in those kids for the last couple of years.  

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's good that he formed an allegiance at age 4.  Once they get to 8-10 years old, they tend to migrate towards teams that are championship caliber.  Unfortunately, IU has not been drawing in those kids for the last couple of years.  

My season to fall in love with IU basketball was 1984-85 when they lost in the finals of the NIT. I would kill for that kind of finish to the season at this point. 

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Thank you for that.  I have been wracking my brain, trying to remember which game De'Ron injured himself. I knew it happened.  Just could not recall the game.  I am going on record, now..... De'Ron has been fighting through ever since.

And a mile high salute to your 4 year old !

Archived