Davis Out For The Season

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

In this case, we have to assume that Dakich knows the real situation, and I don't think that he would say 'out for the year' unless he really knows that to be the case.  

True story 5..... I'm sitting here on the 'puter and I read your statement out loud to my wife and 87 MIL, (who is a die hard IU BB fan), who are in another room. I heard them both say at the same time "We thought he was already out for the year"!!!!

WOW! Tough Crowd!!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Medical and HIPPA laws prohibit certain things. I can only tell you that I've heard Crean and medical staff had a very tenuous relationship at best. Argued plenty. Ultimately though I think this was a CH decision not to disclose. Maybe someone else can contribute what they heard. 

regardless of laws, as much as we as fans would like to hear these things, it's wise for the coach to not share.  keeps opponents guessing at least a little in their preparation.  

Just awesome. So that was sent Friday night at 1045pm before the game. Can't be Davis because his injury was known. So my guess is it has to be someone who didn't play or someone who was told they would be coming off bench. I'll go Moore or Green. Hopefully it's nothing. Some schools don't start until Mid-January so I guess if someone was to transfer they would announce over next week? 

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just awesome. So that was sent Friday night at 1045pm before the game. Can't be Davis because his injury was known. So my guess is it has to be someone who didn't play or someone who was told they would be coming off bench. I'll go Moore or Green. Hopefully it's nothing. Some schools don't start until Mid-January so I guess if someone was to transfer they would announce over next week? 

It's pretty obvious it was Hartman and he got a one-game suspension for it... :coffee:

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Done for the year.

image.png.acae5f4f2c9bae6876384a4dd44209b7.png

Thanks for the link.  However, what I want to know, is or was De'Ron having issues before tearing his Achilles ?  Remember Dakich was ragging on De'Ron, before the Achilles tear..... saying that De'Ron was limping in practice. 

40 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the link.  However, what I want to know, is or was De'Ron having issues before tearing his Achilles ?  Remember Dakich was ragging on De'Ron, before the Achilles tear..... saying that De'Ron was limping in practice. 

There was a leg or groin injury that Zach was reporting on and said it looked tender before Notre Dame

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I remember him hurting his groin in one game so I assume that was just lingering.  I doubt he was having problems with his achilies before tearing it.

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I remember him hurting his groin in one game so I assume that was just lingering.  I doubt he was having problems with his achilies before tearing it.

I am not  a doctor.  So I can't say if one thing lead to another.  However, I will say this... I find it reprehensible for Dakich to rag on a player who, as you say was attempting to practice and play through an injury.

Thanks for your post. And love you as a member of HSN 3.0

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I am not  a doctor.  So I can't say if one thing lead to another.  However, I will say this... I find it reprehensible for Dakich to rag on a player who, as you say was attempting to practice and play through an injury.

Thanks for your post. And love you as a member of HSN 3.0

Ditto. I have no respect for him. Between trolling behavior on Twitter over the last year and this one, I've lost all respect for him. He literally has no filter on his fingers or his mouth. 

Btw, I think the definition of basketball hell may be if Dakich and Walton were to ever do a game together. I'm sure which I can stand less. It's literally a dead heat! 

6 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Ditto. I have no respect for him. Between trolling behavior on Twitter over the last year and this one, I've lost all respect for him. He literally has no filter on his fingers or his mouth. 

Btw, I think the definition of basketball hell may be if Dakich and Walton were to ever do a game together. I'm sure which I can stand less. It's literally a dead heat! 

Hilarious! When I read the last part of your comment I pictured Dakich being Walton's designated driver. Scary thought, but it would be convenient since Dakich could talk endlessly and Walton could pretend to be on the same planet at the same time..lol   It would be like making contact with another universe , except side by side since a completely different universe is located between Walton's ears.

Just like them calling a game together might be.

39 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

I will take Walton in a heart beat. Which tells you how much I despise Dakich doing an IU game.  At least when Walton is doing a game (not that he does IU games).... I learn things I never knew before. About the entire world and universe.  Not the case with Dakich.

It wouldn’t matter if it was the deaf and blind playing, if Dakich and Walton called a game I would watch it every time. I don’t care much for Dakich, but he at least says what he actually thinks, which in today’s world is rather refreshing. I just hate when Dakich says the same over and over again like he was the first guy in the world to say it. As far as Walton, I just enjoy his thoughts, it’s also refreshing listening to a guy who doesn’t think he knows everything and adds tid bits you would never hear from anybody else.

On 1/8/2018 at 2:00 PM, Leathernecks said:

I'd tell you a joke about your ceiling, but its over your head  :coffee:

Soooooo.  I asked my I Home Google to tell me a joke about ceilings.

And here is what "she" said :

"This might make you laugh..... what kind of horses come out after dark ? "

NIGHTMARES !

Still trying to figure that one out....... LOL !  

Archived