Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Each week i say this is the week to start Burrow and I don't pull the trigger. For real this is the week. 

Well....I don't want to be the reason you start him....but numbers say at least for this week he should be starting....and that's all you can do is go by logic. I can't imagine having such riches sitting on my bench.

30 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well....I don't want to be the reason you start him....but numbers say at least for this week he should be starting....and that's all you can do is go by logic. I can't imagine having such riches sitting on my bench.

Says the man with Mike Williams and Adam Thielen on his bench (and yes, I know about your little secret).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Says the man with Mike Williams and Adam Thielen on his bench (and yes, I know about your little secret).

Anyone could have drafted them....took Williams in the 11th round. Had some stinker picks too Allen Robinson, Mike Davis, and Kenny Golladay to name a few. Not a secret on the trade. Everyone gets to vote. They can stop the trade if they want...I'm giving up quite the haul so it's risky...but I'm going for Gold....may not work out. I 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Anyone could have drafted them....took Williams in the 11th round. Had some stinker picks too Allen Robinson, Mike Davis, and Kenny Golladay to name a few. Not a secret on the trade. Everyone gets to vote. They can stop the trade if they want...I'm giving up quite the haul so it's risky...but I'm going for Gold....may not work out. I 

Just so you know, since I am playing you this week.  I defend Henry quite well.  Faced him in Week 1 in Kevs league and last week in KDBs league.  You should take note that those are, by far, his two worst weeks of the season.  So, if the trade goes through, you might as well not even bother playing him this week.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

What say you guys? Allow league to vote and have title game be in week 17 where teams could sit players....or do it as is and plan accordingly? I'm a firm believer in the rules have been set. Deal with the consequences.

I agree, once the rules are set that is it. Everyone agreed to play by the same rules at the beginning, so like you said deal with the consequences. 👍

If people want the rules changed half way through the season they need to see if Kevin Warren has a fantasy league. They would only have to look for a league called, Steaming Pile of B1G Crap. 😀

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I agree, once the rules are set that is it. Everyone agreed to play by the same rules at the beginning, so like you said deal with the consequences. 👍

If people want the rules changed half way through the season they need to see if Kevin Warren has a fantasy league. They would only have to look for a league called, Steaming Pile of B1G Crap. 😀

Agreed. There are 18 weeks regardless...besides with the extra week it would suck if you start it earlier and they are still doing bye weeks during the playoffs....that wouldn't be fair.

Oh I see where they want to push it back. Yeah it should have been pushed back to begin with...thought someone wanted to move it up. Gotta leave it at this point. Heck when I make trades I look at the players playoff schedule. I might take a lesser talent who has a good playoff matchup over a better player. Too late now I suppose....but who would trade for his guys....just bad league management from the beginning....totally avoidable.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Agreed. There are 18 weeks regardless...besides with the extra week it would suck if you start it earlier and they are still doing bye weeks during the playoffs....that wouldn't be fair.

Oh I see where they want to push it back. Yeah it should have been pushed back to begin with...thought someone wanted to move it up. Gotta leave it at this point. Heck when I make trades I look at the players playoff schedule. I might take a lesser talent who has a good playoff matchup over a better player. Too late now I suppose....but who would trade for his guys....just bad league management from the beginning....totally avoidable.

I'm the epitome of I told you so guy in this rare instance. Told them in July and August....oh well but I'm with you. One of the main reasons I targeted Javonte Williams in all leagues was eventually the job is his and his playoff schedule is league winning stuff. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm the epitome of I told you so guy in this rare instance. Told them in July and August....oh well but I'm with you. One of the main reasons I targeted Javonte Williams in all leagues was eventually the job is his and his playoff schedule is league winning stuff. 

Yeah, I can't believe Denver continues to split carries almost exactly 50/50 with Gordon still. Jobs are on the line and I'm not sure why they don't get the ball in one of their better players hands more.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah, I can't believe Denver continues to split carries almost exactly 50/50 with Gordon still. Jobs are on the line and I'm not sure why they don't get the ball in one of their better players hands more.

It's obvious that they don't consider him to be better than Gordon.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Assuming this is a trade in other league? Just making sure I'm not dropping the ball on something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

What do you feel the odds Chubb comes back this week? I have D'ernest Johnson in my other league 

Running back Nick Chubb (calf) and right tackle Jack Conklin (knee) were both participants in Wednesday’s practice session in Berea. Both Chubb and Conklin spoke as if they expect to play on Sunday in FirstEnergy Stadium.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It's obvious that they don't consider him to be better than Gordon.  

They should. Javonte has more broken tackles and more YAC then Gordon...and just basically has more juice in his running...and yet they continue almost a 50/50 split. Maybe they think going with the veteran who is getting paid 8 million a year is the best way to keep them in a job but I think they are missing out on some productivity. I would be surprised if they don't shift the carries a little more heavily in Javonte's favor as they fall out of contention. 

17 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Assuming this is a trade in other league? Just making sure I'm not dropping the ball on something.

Yes. I'm taking a big gamble...and it may not pay off. Theilen, Mike Williams, and Mixon for Henry, Darrel Williams, OBJ. It was a steep price to pay for Henry but I was deep at WR... no longer now. Gotta hope health works out down the stretch as now my bench is pretty thin. I think it helps Indy too because they are a big upgrade at wr if those guys keep up their form. He has a good roster with those additions.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes. I'm taking a big gamble...and it may not pay off. Theilen, Mike Williams, and Mixon for Henry, Darrel Williams, OBJ. It was a steep price to pay for Henry but I was deep at WR... no longer now. Gotta hope health works out down the stretch as now my bench is pretty thin. I think it helps Indy too because they are a big upgrade at wr if those guys keep up their form. He has a good roster with those additions.

The best trades are the ones where you look at them and don't immediately say one side won or the other. You certainly are paying a price for Henry...but that's what people have to do to get the top player at a position. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The best trades are the ones where you look at them and don't immediately say one side won or the other. You certainly are paying a price for Henry...but that's what people have to do to get the top player at a position. 

No doubt. Would have liked to kept my depth a couple more weeks but I'm hoping being 6-1 will give me a big enough cushion to make the playoffs. If people get healthy by that point I should be able to pair up Henry and McCaffrey and if Wilson get's healthy that hopefully will make DK back to WR1 status. I figure championships are won by the bold...so I went for it. Nobody got robbed...so just have to wait and see. Buckner could take Henry's knees out this week like @btownqb said and I could be left crying lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No doubt. Would have liked to kept my depth a couple more weeks but I'm hoping being 6-1 will give me a big enough cushion to make the playoffs. If people get healthy by that point I should be able to pair up Henry and McCaffrey and if Wilson get's healthy that hopefully will make DK back to WR1 status. I figure championships are won by the bold...so I went for it. Nobody got robbed...so just have to wait and see. Buckner could take Henry's knees out this week like @btownqb said and I could be left crying lol.

I need Wilson healthy in my money league lol 

Starting Wentz, mostly because he's a Colt, and I don't want to watch any of those other jokers. lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I need Wilson healthy in my money league lol 

Starting Wentz, mostly because he's a Colt, and I don't want to watch any of those other jokers. lol 

I think the pin is coming out this week or early next...so a couple more weeks after that. Gotta think maybe after week 10 bye?? Thats my hope at least!

• Like 1

Worrying what to do about Hopkins tonight.  I'm going to be out of pocket a lot today and may not have time to keep up with his status.  Right now I got Higgins in just in case I miss it if Hopkins us ruled out.  

I hate having to make major decisions on Thursday night.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Worrying what to do about Hopkins tonight.  I'm going to be out of pocket a lot today and may not have time to keep up with his status.  Right now I got Higgins in just in case I miss it if Hopkins us ruled out.  

Thursday night decisions are the worse. At least with Sunday or Monday you still have hope. Hopkins is a head scratcher. Only gone over 65 yards 3x this year but I guess the TD's make up for it. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I sincerely hope Hopkins sits. Playing him in my money league. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

From the sounds of it barring any pregame setbacks Hopkins  is expected to play.