Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't believe I'm actually typing this. Considering options on Aaron Rodgers this week. I mean I guess they could feed Jones, Cobb, and Tonyan....but we'll see. Just another week in the world of fantasy w/injuries, bye weeks, and Covid I guess.

I dont enjoy watching Aaron Rodgers play, so I'd sit him lol 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I dont enjoy watch Aaron Rodgers play, so I'd sit him lol 

It's tough. Rule #1 that I believe in fantasy is you play your superstars regardless of matchups....but man a couple leagues I'm in I'm looking at other options. Which probably means 12 goes for only 235 yards but 5 TD's this week. 

• Like 1

Not a forgone decision that Adams doesn’t play this week. From what I have read, it is not clear whether he is vaccinated or not. If so, and he tests negative twice, he can play. If not vaccinated, I would say that there’s no chance he plays.

Even so, and as much as it pains me to say it, the Packers have enough other weapons to make them dangerous. I have Rodgers as my quarterback as well and I am more concerned with whether their line holds up against Watts et al.

• Like 2

The schedule Gods were not nice to me.  I'm facing a 6-1 team in both HSN leagues this week.  So, desperate times call for desperate measures.  Given that Sunday is Halloween, I consulted with ex-wife #3, who happens to belong to an Order of Witches.  She readily agreed to place a curse on my opponents this week.  So, @dgambilland @btownqb, I'm giving you a heads up.  Here is the curse she has placed.

An eye of newt and a pinch of snail

Those I curse shall surely fail

All passes shall fall to the ground

Running lanes will not be found

Receivers will have hands of stone

Scoring plays will not be known

Kickers efforts will go wide right

Defenses will soon lose all fight

Fumbles, interceptions, penalties and sacks

Points will be something your team lacks

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's tough. Rule #1 that I believe in fantasy is you play your superstars regardless of matchups....but man a couple leagues I'm in I'm looking at other options. Which probably means 12 goes for only 235 yards but 5 TD's this week. 

Yes I'm always playing superstars. 

Just a general question for anyone. If a league has started do people believe in changing the rules? Similar to trade let the league vote?

Have a league where the commissioner (although I told him in July) is just now realizing week 14 has teams (Colts, Eagles, Patriots, and Miami) on bye when playoffs start. I'm not saying designing your team for playoffs is a big deal but it is a factor. He's wanting to change playoffs to week 15-17....of course him having Taylor, Damien Harris, and Jalen Hurts has nothing to do with it I'm sure.

What say you guys? Allow league to vote and have title game be in week 17 where teams could sit players....or do it as is and plan accordingly? I'm a firm believer in the rules have been set. Deal with the consequences.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general question for anyone. If a league has started do people believe in changing the rules? Similar to trade let the league vote?

Have a league where the commissioner (although I told him in July) is just now realizing week 14 has teams (Colts, Eagles, Patriots, and Miami) on bye when playoffs start. I'm not saying designing your team for playoffs is a big deal but it is a factor. He's wanting to change playoffs to week 15-17....of course him having Taylor, Damien Harris, and Jalen Hurts has nothing to do with it I'm sure.

What say you guys? Allow league to vote and have title game be in week 17 where teams could sit players....or do it as is and plan accordingly? I'm a firm believer in the rules have been set. Deal with the consequences.

I agree with your assessment.  Rules I'm place until next year. This fantasy football not the Big Ten play by the rules that are set

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Remember, there are 18 weeks this season, so I dont think the number of guys sitting in Week 17 will be as significant as it has been in the past.

That said, the rules in effect at the start of the season should remain in place all year.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not a forgone decision that Adams doesn’t play this week. From what I have read, it is not clear whether he is vaccinated or not. If so, and he tests negative twice, he can play. If not vaccinated, I would say that there’s no chance he plays.

Even so, and as much as it pains me to say it, the Packers have enough other weapons to make them dangerous. I have Rodgers as my quarterback as well and I am more concerned with whether their line holds up against Watts et al.

I'd be prepared for a back up if you have a decent one. With Arizona the Packers are going to go ball control. It could get ugly if they fall behind big. Not feeling because Lizzard is also out....so if Adams can't go...I think Arizona will frustrate Rodgers. Depends on matchups but even a guy like Teddy going up against Washington or Keenum against Pitt or Lawrence vs Jax. Wentz has looked ok lately...not sure Tenn secondary is as good as they played vs KC.

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The schedule Gods were not nice to me.  I'm facing a 6-1 team in both HSN leagues this week.  So, desperate times call for desperate measures.  Given that Sunday is Halloween, I consulted with ex-wife #3, who happens to belong to an Order of Witches.  She readily agreed to place a curse on my opponents this week.  So, @dgambilland @btownqb, I'm giving you a heads up.  Here is the curse she has placed.

An eye of newt and a pinch of snail

Those I curse shall surely fail

All passes shall fall to the ground

Running lanes will not be found

Receivers will have hands of stone

Scoring plays will not be known

Kickers efforts will go wide right

Defenses will soon lose all fight

Fumbles, interceptions, penalties and sacks

Points will be something your team lacks

See the source image

Calling on some dark magic huh....this isn't going to be good. I'm sure @btownqb can tell you...he already has made a pact with the devil....one of you are in trouble lol.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'd be prepared for a back up if you have a decent one. With Arizona the Packers are going to go ball control. It could get ugly if they fall behind big. Not feeling because Lizzard is also out....so if Adams can't go...I think Arizona will frustrate Rodgers. Depends on matchups but even a guy like Teddy going up against Washington or Keenum against Pitt or Lawrence vs Jax. Wentz has looked ok lately...not sure Tenn secondary is as good as they played vs KC.

unfortunately, my backup is Carr, and the Raiders are on bye this week. Looked at available qbs to stream this week, and nothing attractive. Gonna roll the dice and hope for a shootout game

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

unfortunately, my backup is Carr, and the Raiders are on bye this week. Looked at available qbs to stream this week, and nothing attractive. Gonna roll the dice and hope for a shootout game

You can work the trade route today and see if anyone bites. Carr as a backup might land you a decent guy you can play on Sunday...especially if you have someone that can sweeten the deal. Look ahead to week 13 to make sure you like that matchup too. Guess it just depends on your trust for Rodgers. Falling to 3-5 with so many bunched up there in the middle might be a tough hill to climb later....but you certainly won't be out of it....don't do anything drastic. Good luck!

Edited by dgambill

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I've got a backup plan in place but just stumbled across this beauty. Last 6 games without Adams....Pack is 6-0 and he's averaging basically 300 and 3 TD's. 

• 142/202 • 1,865 yards • 17 TDs, 1 INT • 125.2 passer rating • 6-0

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've got a backup plan in place but just stumbled across this beauty. Last 6 games without Adams....Pack is 6-0 and he's averaging basically 300 and 3 TD's. 

• 142/202 • 1,865 yards • 17 TDs, 1 INT • 125.2 passer rating • 6-0

I think I am going to start Burrow in place of Rodgers this week. I saw that stat this morning but on this particular team who is Aaron going to throw it to. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think I am going to start Burrow in place of Rodgers this week. I saw that stat this morning but on this particular team who is Aaron going to throw it to. 

Lazzard is also out on the covid list...which means probably Adams isn't coming back. I normally never take out my starting qb no matter the matchup but not extremely confident anyone else has shown they are capable of getting open. Imagine this will be a heavy A Jones game imo. That said even if it is a blow out, garbage stats might be better than the alternative. Burrow is an obvious start. Against the Jets.....heck Burrow might should be your starting qb period.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I've got Burrow in one and Trevor Lawrence on standby in both Rodgers leagues. Problem with Burrow is they could just hand it off 30 times this week and still win. I'll probably still go Rodgers but like to have options covered for sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Lazzard is also out on the covid list...which means probably Adams isn't coming back. I normally never take out my starting qb no matter the matchup but not extremely confident anyone else has shown they are capable of getting open. Imagine this will be a heavy A Jones game imo. That said even if it is a blow out, garbage stats might be better than the alternative. Burrow is an obvious start. Against the Jets.....heck Burrow might should be your starting qb period.

Each week i say this is the week to start Burrow and I don't pull the trigger. For real this is the week. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've got Burrow in one and Trevor Lawrence on standby in both Rodgers leagues. Problem with Burrow is they could just hand it off 30 times this week and still win. I'll probably still go Rodgers but like to have options covered for sure.

Ahhh....Burrow hasn't thrown for less than 2 scores all year....since week 3 after not having an preseason, coming off an ACL...guy has been top 5 fantasy qb...avg almost 330 yds and 2 1/2 TDs. That would be hard to sit imo....but I've been wrong before. Numbers are in his favor....even over a healthy Packer passing game.

• Like 1