Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. That's a title winning team. Assuming you drafted Jones, Hill at the turn...probably Wilson/Kupp at the next turn....great adding Montgomer (can't believe someone would drop him)....only thing that should keep you from title game is what drives us crazy in fantasy. Just dumb luck!

I think I got Thielen late 4th maybe... then took Wilson in the 5th? Traded Thielen and Schultz (someone randomly dropped him during his bye week) for Lamb. There were other TEs available to grab.. I didn't need two and I wanted a distinct upgrade over Thielen that I could feel comfortable starting every week. So I found Lamb. It worked this week. 

Also.. Thomas out for the year.. he was my X factor moving forward in the HSN league. I think if you look at my team there:

QB Hurts

RB1-Chubb

RB2-A Jones

Flex-Henderson

WR1- Chase

WR2- Thomas

TE- Waller

That's a pretty formidable lineup. Now I'm scrambling. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think I got Thielen late 4th maybe... then took Wilson in the 5th? Traded Thielen and Schultz (someone randomly dropped him during his bye week) for Lamb. There were other TEs available to grab.. I didn't need two and I wanted a distinct upgrade over Thielen that I could feel comfortable starting every week. So I found Lamb. It worked this week. 

Also.. Thomas out for the year.. he was my X factor moving forward in the HSN league. I think if you look at my team there:

QB Hurts

RB1-Chubb

RB2-A Jones

Flex-Henderson

WR1- Chase

WR2- Thomas

TE- Waller

That's a pretty formidable lineup. Now I'm scrambling. 

And Waller (own him in another league) injury is starting to test my patience a bit. In that league (PPR) I went Adams, Ridley, Waller, Godwin with first 4 picks....so you can see how my last couple weeks have been going! 

Just hoping to get things all sorted out by week 11-12 range and make the playoffs. 4 weeks ago I didn't have a doubt about playoffs. Now? Scramble mode each week. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. That's a title winning team. Assuming you drafted Jones, Hill at the turn...probably Wilson/Kupp at the next turn....great adding Montgomer (can't believe someone would drop him)....only thing that should keep you from title game is what drives us crazy in fantasy. Just dumb luck!

Kupp has been a league winner so far. I expected him to bounce back with Stafford but never saw this coming (or would have drafted him earlier). Had a couple of those picks where the board just didn't set up to get him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For those that have stashed Michael Thomas it sounds like something is up again. New injury. I've got him in a couple leagues stashed on IR but sadly my IR space is maxed out.

I'll have to go back and check to make sure but I feel like ever since he was still in game week 1 of 2020 vs Bucs when Payton wanted to add one more score while up 11 his career has been derailed.

Ugh .  Have him in my ESPN league and was counting him on being a difference maker in the fantasy playoffs.  I drafted Allen Robinson to be my #1 receiver on that team, so you can guess that receiver is not my strength on that roster,  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You have to be kidding me. Now Rodgers is out with Covid for this Sunday's game. 

I just traded for Davante Adams in my ESPN league.  First week I was going to get to use him and now have a question mark at QB.  That's my A-Rob team and have Godwin on bye.  Obviously still going to roll with Davante (assuming he comes off the Covid list), but frustrating nonetheless.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Ugh .  Have him in my ESPN league and was counting him on being a difference maker in the fantasy playoffs.  I drafted Allen Robinson to be my #1 receiver on that team, so you can guess that receiver is not my strength on that roster,  

Allen Robinson...ughh...the death of a lot of fantasy season this year....I bailed on him early but his ghost still haunts my memory....mostly because of guys I passed up to take him...what a mistake!!

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Kupp has been a league winner so far. I expected him to bounce back with Stafford but never saw this coming (or would have drafted him earlier). Had a couple of those picks where the board just didn't set up to get him.

Cooper Kupp to me is like 3-4 years ago when whoever chose first between Bell and Gurley. If you took Bell that was fine but if you didn't handcuff with Conner soon enough it cost you dearly. I chose 2nd that year and took Gurley and snuck in early to take Conner. 

Conner was worth 25-30 points every single game. Same goes for Kupp this year. Title winning player. 

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I just traded for Davante Adams in my ESPN league.  First week I was going to get to use him and now have a question mark at QB.  That's my A-Rob team and have Godwin on bye.  Obviously still going to roll with Davante (assuming he comes off the Covid list), but frustrating nonetheless.  

At least it's only one week....I made the blockbuster trade for Derrick Henry to only have him go down for the season....😢 fantasy back breaker! Just hoping to make the playoffs and move into the premier league next year lol!!

• Like 2

Just now, 5fouls said:

All day long. Have Rodgers in 2 leagues (Wilson in 2), Adams in 3, Godwin, Ridley.....the crap just keeps on hitting. 

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

At least it's only one week....I made the blockbuster trade for Derrick Henry to only have him go down for the season....😢 fantasy back breaker! Just hoping to make the playoffs and move into the premier league next year lol!!

The earliest Rodgers can return is Saturday the 13th so it's no guarantee he'll be playing vs Seahawks in week 10. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cooper Kupp to me is like 3-4 years ago when whoever chose first between Bell and Gurley. If you took Bell that was fine but if you didn't handcuff with Conner soon enough it cost you dearly. I chose 2nd that year and took Gurley and snuck in early to take Conner. 

Conner was worth 25-30 points every single game. Same goes for Kupp this year. Title winning player. 

I had Gurley AND James Conner that year. They both got hurt. I think I was 10-0. I had Russell, Kelce, and Kupp, as well. It was over if I stayed healthy. 

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

Allen Robinson...ughh...the death of a lot of fantasy season this year....I bailed on him early but his ghost still haunts my memory....mostly because of guys I passed up to take him...what a mistake!!

I'm 6-2 in my ESPN league, but my WRs sucked outside of Godwin.  Had A-Rob, D. Smith, J. Jones, and Michael Thomas stashed on IR.  So, I just packaged Zeke and Julio to get D. Adams.  Have Cook and Chubb at RB, so I could afford to lose Zeke and Julio has been worthless.  Now, it appears Thomas is done for the yeas and the first week I get to use Adams, he doesn't have Rodgers to throw it to him.  

• Like 2

Just now, btownqb said:

I had Gurley AND James Conner that year. They both got hurt. I think I was 10-0. I had Russell, Kelce, and Kupp, as well. It was over if I stayed healthy. 

Man...you and I had almost identical teams. Was the single most dominating fantasy team I ever had and finished 3rd. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Literally same. I won every week by 25+. Pretty sure I had Diggs and someone else serviceable (Diggs obviously still in Minnesota). 

Just had to pull it up. This was my final roster. I forgot I was in early on Aaron Jones and Chubb. Thielen was magical that year....easily the best roster I've ever constructed with the exception of maybe those Arian Foster, Miles Austin, Vick days...

QB
--
--
RB
+0.1
--
--
RB
Nick ChubbNick Chubb
CleRB
--
--
WR
Adam ThielenAdam Thielen
MinWR
--
--
WR
+0.2
--
--
TE
--
--
FLEX
James ConnerJames Conner
PitRB
--
--
D/ST
Bills D/STBills D/ST
BufD/ST
+2.1
--
--
K
--
--

TOTALS
Bench
Aaron JonesAaron Jones
GBRBI
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Just had to pull it up. This was my final roster. I forgot I was in early on Aaron Jones and Chubb. Thielen was magical that year....easily the best roster I've ever constructed with the exception of maybe those Arian Foster, Miles Austin, Vick days...

QB
--
--
RB
+0.1
--
--
RB
Nick ChubbNick Chubb
CleRB
--
--
WR
Adam ThielenAdam Thielen
MinWR
--
--
WR
+0.2
--
--
TE
--
--
FLEX
James ConnerJames Conner
PitRB
--
--
D/ST
Bills D/STBills D/ST
BufD/ST
+2.1
--
--
K
--
--

TOTALS
Bench
Aaron JonesAaron Jones
GBRBI

12 team league? 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I'm just hoping for Jordan Love to throw for like 300 and 3 tuddies. Would be salacious to watch GB deal with all the qb controversy going into next year lol.

I drafted him in my dynasty league's rookie draft 2 years ago, so I'm really interested to see how he'll do. The fantasy part of me hopes he turns out to be great, but the Bears fan in me can't take a 3rd straight hall of fame QB for the Packers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1