Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

A double loss weekend for me. All I needed was the Pitt defense to not get outscored by the Bears def by 6 or more. Seems pretty easy. Went to bed with a 98% win probability.  Only to have a fumbled kickoff returned for a TD . hate the Bear and Steekers even more than before. 

On a side note at 11pm Sunday my opponent still had the WFT Def starting and I almost picked up the Bears Def so he couldn't but I would have to give up Swift to do it and thought surely I'm OK and maybe we just did not realize he had no starting Def

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

A double loss weekend for me. All I needed was the Pitt defense to not get outscored by the Bears def by 6 or more. Seems pretty easy. Went to bed with a 98% win probability.  Only to have a fumbled kickoff returned for a TD . hate the Bear and Steekers even more than before. 

On a side note at 11pm Sunday my opponent still had the WFT Def starting and I almost picked up the Bears Def so he couldn't but I would have to give up Swift to do it and thought surely I'm OK and maybe we just did not realize he had no starting Def

Not worth giving up Swift for sure....but that sucks....up until that play you had to be winning after the int and fumble recovery against the Bears....crazy ending to that game.

• Sad 1

With the playoffs looming, I thought it might be interesting to highlight a couple of key matchups in each of the leagues each week going forward.

Kev's League

@NotIThatLivesvs @dgambill

The current #1 seed vs the current #2 seed.  NotIThatLives has been on a roll, winning 7 straight and is the top scoring team in the league.  Dgambill is trying to fight through some injuries, but a win here would go a long way to securing a good playoff seed.   

@ricovs. @PAHoosier

Both teams enter the week sporting 4-5 records.  With 6 teams in the league currently having winning records, a win in this game is critical to avoid falling 2 games under the .500 mark.  It's possible that 8 wins will be required to make the playoffs in this league.  The loser falls to 4-6 and would be required to win out to get to 8.

KDB's League

@5foulsvs @Hoosier51

There are 8 teams jumbled in the middle of the standings with either 4 or 5 wins.  Both these teams sit at 4-5.  It's very possible that 7 wins will get someone into the playoffs.  But, both of these teams would be in serious danger of losing tiebreakers to other teams based on total points.   It's hard to see the loser, who will be 4-6, recovering enough to get in the playoffs.

@B_Avs @Indykev

At 5-4, with solid overall point totals, both these teams are in good position for the playoffs.  But, this matchup could have huge seeding implications.  The winner could be primed to make a run at a top 2 seed with the standings being so tight.  The loser is likely relegated to a 4 seed or below, with an outside chance of missing the playoffs if they struggle down the stretch.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

With the playoffs looming, I thought it might be interesting to highlight a couple of key matchups in each of the leagues each week going forward.

Kev's League

@NotIThatLivesvs @dgambill

The current #1 seed vs the current #2 seed.  NotIThatLives has been on a roll, winning 7 straight and is the top scoring team in the league.  Dgambill is trying to fight through some injuries, but a win here would go a long way to securing a good playoff seed.   

@ricovs. @PAHoosier

Both teams enter the week sporting 4-5 records.  With 6 teams in the league currently having winning records, a win in this game is critical to avoid falling 2 games under the .500 mark.  It's possible that 8 wins will be required to make the playoffs in this league.  The loser falls to 4-6 and would be required to win out to get to 8.

KDB's League

@5foulsvs @Hoosier51

There are 8 teams jumbled in the middle of the standings with either 4 or 5 wins.  Both these teams sit at 4-5.  It's very possible that 7 wins will get someone into the playoffs.  But, both of these teams would be in serious danger of losing tiebreakers to other teams best on total points.   It's hard to see the loser, who will be 4-6, recovering enough to get in the playoffs.

@B_Avs @Indykev

At 5-4, with solid overall point totals, both these teams are in good position for the playoffs.  But, this matchup could have huge seeding implications.  The winner could be primed to make a run at a top 2 seed with the standings being so tight.  The loser is likely relegated to a 4 seed or below, with an outside chance of missing the playoffs if the struggle down the stretch.

After the way I started, I am just thankful not to be in last place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

Lot's of interesting news this week....very busy. Wilson possibly coming back, will Rodgers play, Kamara banged up, and Dalvin Cook in serious hot water with domestic violence lawsuit. WOW...the drama.

Not sure why she wouldn't call the police but instead file a civil suit, well I know that answer but will keep it to myself. . Cook's suit against her claims this lady broke into his home and maced him and another lady. I'll wait and see.

• Like 1

Okay.  I need some opinions, so I have someone to blame should it not work out.  In my ESPN league, I have Godwin who has not practiced yet this week.  My other options are Emmanuel Sanders or Devonta Smith, who is banged up himself, but is expected to play against Denver.  Or, I could claim a guy like Elijah Moore or Van Jefferson off waivers.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Okay.  I need some opinions, so I have someone to blame should it not work out.  In my ESPN league, I have Godwin who has not practiced yet this week.  My other options are Emmanuel Sanders or Devonta Smith, who is banged up himself, but is expected to play against Denver.  Or, I could claim a guy like Elijah Moore or Van Jefferson off waivers.

Don't ask me, I am under .500.

20 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Same boat. Again. I have Godwin in 2 leagues. At least it's the 1pm start. Moore has a tough matchup but I like him....I'd probably go with Sanders if Godwin doesn't play. I think the Bills are going to load up on points this weekend after what happened last.

I think I've said before on here but I have Adams, Ridley, Waller, and Godwin in one PPR bigger $ league. I haven't had one normal week in a month. Trying my patience. Haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Same boat. Again. I have Godwin in 2 leagues. At least it's the 1pm start. Moore has a tough matchup but I like him....I'd probably go with Sanders if Godwin doesn't play. I think the Bills are going to load up on points this weekend after what happened last.

I think I've said before on here but I have Adams, Ridley, Waller, and Godwin in one PPR bigger $ league. I haven't had one normal week in a month. Trying my patience. Haha

In this HSN league, I have not had my drafted or traded lineup intact yet. From AJ Brown to McCaffery and Barkely, last week Rodgers and AJ Green. This week, Claypool appears to be out. 

McCaffery and Brown were my first two picks and did not play the same week once. I eventually traded Brown (your welcome @Indykev).

Without a doubt, this has been the most challenging season I have ever tried to navigate through.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In this HSN league, I have not had my drafted or traded lineup intact yet. From AJ Brown to McCaffery and Barkely, last week Rodgers and AJ Green. This week, Claypool appears to be out. 

McCaffery and Brown were my first two picks and did not play the same week once. I eventually traded Brown (your welcome @Indykev).

Without a doubt, this has been the most challenging season I have ever tried to navigate through.

Last year I thought it was bad with Thomas, Ekeler, and Godwin my first 3 picks....this year is giving it a run the money again. This year seems league wide for sure but waiting to set your lineup until 1135 every Sunday is getting annoying! Haha. Good Luck!

10 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You can get him back....

On 11/10/2021 at 11:20 PM, Indykev said:

Not sure why she wouldn't call the police but instead file a civil suit, well I know that answer but will keep it to myself. . Cook's suit against her claims this lady broke into his home and maced him and another lady. I'll wait and see.

I’d say because they were both in the wrong there. Most lover spats don’t want police involved and I would say even more so when within the African American community who doesn’t trust the police by in large. Clearly he beat the crap out of her and was apologizing in his text messages to her. I suspect she did a great deal of breaking the law as well. Most athletes settle these type of lawsuits because it can be a career killer. Anyways Zeke got 6 games but it was criminal charges and we see Watson being held out. No doubt this thing is far from over. Might happen next week or next year but I imagine there will be discipline.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 3:16 PM, 5fouls said:

Woods is out…obj not ready so van Jefferson might be a good play.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Woods is out…obj not ready so van Jefferson might be a good play.

I've decided to keep Godwin in until he is confirmed out then switch to Devonta Smith.  Philly plays a 4 o'clock game, so I can do it last minute without much risk.  I ended up dropping Emmanual Sanders because I noticed someone dropped Ridley.  I wasn't able to pick Ridley up without dropping someone, so Sanders was odd man out.  Moved Ridley to IR, but since I have Cook in that league, I used that roster spot to pick up Mattison.  Just didn't have space to add V. Jefferson on that team.

However, in one of my HSN leagues, I actually had Woods.  I wasn't home, but my son texted me immediately when the news broke on Woods, so I was able to pick up Jefferson before some of you vultures did.   Probably would had gone OBJ if he had been available.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I've decided to keep Godwin in until he is confirmed out then switch to Devonta Smith.  Philly plays a 4 o'clock game, so I can do it last minute without much risk.  I ended up dropping Emmanual Sanders because I noticed someone dropped Ridley.  I wasn't able to pick Ridley up without dropping someone, so Sanders was odd man out.  Moved Ridley to IR, but since I have Cook in that league, I used that roster spot to pick up Mattison.  Just didn't have space to add V. Jefferson on that team.

However, in one of my HSN leagues, I actually had Woods.  I wasn't home, but my son texted me immediately when the news broke on Woods, so I was able to pick up Jefferson before some of you vultures did.   Probably would had gone OBJ if he had been available.  

Sounds like he's a go...but what I wouldn't give just to have a Sunday without having to wait and plan for every contingency. Guess that's why we do this stuff...

• Like 2

You can't make this stuff up sometimes. This week in one league I'm going up against Najee Harris, AJ Brown, James Conner, and D'Ernest Johnson in flex. Given the injuries....he's got 4 guys who are going to get 20+ touches for backs and AJ Brown might see 15 targets.

Good luck to everyone this week! Can't wait to see what happens today. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I picked up Jeffrrson last week. Good thing because I lost Woods.  I have an all star team of backups for my starters

I've always handcuffed RB's....this year I've been handcuffing WR's too! Jefferson, Hardman, DPJ, Gage....all 4 of these guys are either in line for serious targets or in Hardman's case one Hill injury away from 10-13 targets. 

Rough year. 

• Like 1