Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

Interesting new testing policy for players starting after Thanksgiving. Vaccinated or not players will be tested twice a day and masking back up everywhere.

As it relates to fantasy football.....make sure your teams have depth. You just know this policy is going to impact things as we head into playoffs. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 6:42 AM, 5fouls said:

Standings in Kev's league after week 10.  High score for the week was @ricowith 149.24.  It's officially time for the rest of us to fear Rico.  He's the Atlanta Braves of HSN fantasy football.

image.png.7aea98ce088370c1f66c4d34d1d30570.png

Rico has had a really solid team all year...just some bad luck early on with some great players getting off to slow starts. To his credit he wouldn't give up on his guys...I tried several times to pry away a couple guys from him and he stuck to his guns. Not too many guys with a better big 3 of Allen, Diggs, and Taylor. Along with Pitts at TE that's a combo that can get red hot and carry the rest of you team if they can just avoid putting up donuts.

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2021 at 9:01 AM, Seeking6 said:

Went into the night needing 11 or so from Van Jefferson. Of course he fell just short. In another league my opponent thought it wise to start 49ers Defense and of course he gets rewarded by that decision.

2 $ leagues....lost by 5.35 points combined this week. Thank goodness that week is over. 

Jefferson missed a TD pass that could have easily won that for you. I was playing in another league and I was up by 6 pts half ppr....and the guy hadn't dropped Woods yet out of his starting lineup...so I picked up Jefferson to block him....he ended up picking up Sony Michel to flex....I squeeked it out...would have lost had he been available. It was kinda dirty but he was in first place and now I'm tied with him. lol

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

My two HSN leagues have played a total of 20 games.  I have beat my projected total 5 times.  Isn't that supposed to be a 50/50 proposition?

Yahoo projections are notoriously awful....I'd go to some other fantasy sites to search for what to expect. That said....yeah that's awful in any measurement and shouldn't be that skeewed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Jefferson missed a TD pass that could have easily won that for you. I was playing in another league and I was up by 6 pts half ppr....and the guy hadn't dropped Woods yet out of his starting lineup...so I picked up Jefferson to block him....he ended up picking up Sony Michel to flex....I squeeked it out...would have lost had he been available. It was kinda dirty but he was in first place and now I'm tied with him. lol

Had I picked up the bears defense Last Monday I could have blocked my opponent and won I think I could have moved someone to IR and made it work but thought at this point he is not realizing he has no Def. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

No, my money league. I have Cook, Elliott, Swift, Mitchell, McNIchols, Pollard and Mattison

My receivers are Chase, M Brown, Jefferson I had Woods and Waller is my TE. I love my team but need 1 more WR I think to win it all

What!! Is that like an 8 man league or something??? I can't imagine you need anything that is the most loaded roster I've ever seen. That said I only play in 12 and 14 man leagues. I did play in a NFL.com league with 10 man once...even there I couldn't imagine that beast of a roster! I guess I'd move Mitchell/McNichols in a two for one but you don't have any byes left the rest of the way so I don't see why you would be too concerned. How many flex and is it full point PPR?

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

What!! Is that like an 8 man league or something??? I can't imagine you need anything that is the most loaded roster I've ever seen. That said I only play in 12 and 14 man leagues. I did play in a NFL.com league with 10 man once...even there I couldn't imagine that beast of a roster! I guess I'd move Mitchell/McNichols in a two for one but you don't have any byes left the rest of the way so I don't see why you would be too concerned. How many flex and is it full point PPR?

Its a 10 man league. Several of those guys I picked up on waiver wire. I waited late to get Herbert as my QB so that I could get 3 good running backs. 1 flex and its PPR. I got blown out 1 week when no one played well and lost back to back weeks by less than 3. I need to beat my daughter this week she exploded last week for 197 with Mahomes and J. Taylor going off

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Its a 10 man league. Several of those guys I picked up on waiver wire. I waited late to get Herbert as my QB so that I could get 3 good running backs. 1 flex and its PPR. I got blown out 1 week when no one played well and lost back to back weeks by less than 3. I need to beat my daughter this week she exploded last week for 197 with Mahomes and J. Taylor going off

That's still insanely good roster in a 10 man league. The 10 man league I did on NFL.com benefited from being a salary cap league....so I had some guys go gang busters early and overspend that helped me....then I put together a couple savy trades after their roster had holes in it and they had no money to spend and could only bid like a $1....I scooped up tons of great mid round talent for only a few bucks and packaged them off for upgrades later....but man if you don't win with that roster I'd hate to face the one that beats you. It's hard because most teams have depth but you might be able to move Mitchell to say a Hunt/A Jones/Kamara owner who may just need a stop gap for a couple weeks and get some depth at WR.

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That's still insanely good roster in a 10 man league. The 10 man league I did on NFL.com benefited from being a salary cap league....so I had some guys go gang busters early and overspend that helped me....then I put together a couple savy trades after their roster had holes in it and they had no money to spend and could only bid like a $1....I scooped up tons of great mid round talent for only a few bucks and packaged them off for upgrades later....but man if you don't win with that roster I'd hate to face the one that beats you. It's hard because most teams have depth but you might be able to move Mitchell to say a Hunt/A Jones/Kamara owner who may just need a stop gap for a couple weeks and get some depth at WR.

Good point. I never think about trades

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Good point. I never think about trades

I know my other leagues have a trade deadline this week....so you may check the rules...hopefully you can get what you want. Good luck! Even so...if it's just 10 man league there is probably value still out on the waiver if you just want depth....but probably not an upgrade to what you have already.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yep. As we all know big difference between 7-3 and 6-4....I'm now the latter in both leagues but they are all jumbled right now. 

I made a move in one league that everyone is puzzled by. I sent a trade to send Russell Wilson/bench dump for AJ Dillon and Pollard. I already have Rodgers...and person has been rotating between Carr and Cousins. The reason I'm doing it is Dillon will see 20 touches these next two weeks before bye in 13. I need to win and win now to make playoffs. I'll worry about week 14 when I get there.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. As we all know big difference between 7-3 and 6-4....I'm now the latter in both leagues but they are all jumbled right now. 

I made a move in one league that everyone is puzzled by. I sent a trade to send Russell Wilson/bench dump for AJ Dillon and Pollard. I already have Rodgers...and person has been rotating between Carr and Cousins. The reason I'm doing it is Dillon will see 20 touches these next two weeks before bye in 13. I need to win and win now to make playoffs. I'll worry about week 14 when I get there.

Yes....I feel you...you get to that make it or break it time and these next couple weeks will separate out several teams. You can't win it if you aren't in it (playoffs). I was playing to win the league when I made a trade for Henry and then he got hurt of course and now I'm just trying to ensure I make it to the playoffs and a chance to move up to the "premeir league" next year...I've got an eye on the playoffs but like you it's more about getting in first. In a 12 man league there isn't much to separate top of the league from out of the playoffs.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes....I feel you...you get to that make it or break it time and these next couple weeks will separate out several teams. You can't win it if you aren't in it (playoffs). I was playing to win the league when I made a trade for Henry and then he got hurt of course and now I'm just trying to ensure I make it to the playoffs and a chance to move up to the "premeir league" next year...I've got an eye on the playoffs but like you it's more about getting in first. In a 12 man league there isn't much to separate top of the league from out of the playoffs.

Agree all day long. If I can secure two weeks of great RB points these next 2 weeks that help me win....I'll give up a guy like Wilson. 12 man league. 1 team is 7-3...8 teams are 6-4 or 5-5 and the other 3 stink. Have to make a move to make sure I'm in 6 team playoffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree all day long. If I can secure two weeks of great RB points these next 2 weeks that help me win....I'll give up a guy like Wilson. 12 man league. 1 team is 7-3...8 teams are 6-4 or 5-5 and the other 3 stink. Have to make a move to make sure I'm in 6 team playoffs.

It wasn't like Wilson lit it up. The final stretch of the year is good for him but not really better than what Rodgers gets to face. As long as you have a plan for week 13 where both Dillon and Rodgers will be out sounds solid. They aren't going to risk Jones this far ahead in the standings before their bye. Dillon is going to eat the next couple weeks and even later has ok flex appeal because he still get's good work around the goal line and in the passing game too. Gotta role the dice but that is fantasy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It wasn't like Wilson lit it up. The final stretch of the year is good for him but not really better than what Rodgers gets to face. As long as you have a plan for week 13 where both Dillon and Rodgers will be out sounds solid. They aren't going to risk Jones this far ahead in the standings before their bye. Dillon is going to eat the next couple weeks and even later has ok flex appeal because he still get's good work around the goal line and in the passing game too. Gotta role the dice but that is fantasy.

I'm in this mess because every year I tie myself to an under the radar running back who ends up winning leagues for people. This year I'm in the Javonte Williams camp....especially the run defenses he'll face from here on out.

Problem is Gordon wasn't traded...and Javonte has separated himself yet. Mix of RBCC nightmare all season. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm in this mess because every year I tie myself to an under the radar running back who ends up winning leagues for people. This year I'm in the Javonte Williams camp....especially the run defenses he'll face from here on out.

Problem is Gordon wasn't traded...and Javonte has separated himself yet. Mix of RBCC nightmare all season. 

He is going to beast next year. He is a stud that is being held back...Fangio is a horrible head coach trying to save his job....I'm just not big on old defensive coordinators becoming first time head coaches lol. Denver is soooo conservative....playing a career backup veteran qb Bridgewater, starting a vet rb Gordon while limiting their dynamic rb, and coached by a conservative defensive minded coach....smh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He is going to beast next year. He is a stud that is being held back...Fangio is a horrible head coach trying to save his job....I'm just not big on old defensive coordinators becoming first time head coaches lol. Denver is soooo conservative....playing a career backup veteran qb Bridgewater, starting a vet rb Gordon while limiting their dynamic rb, and coached by a conservative defensive minded coach....smh.

Agree. Last year I went with Antonio Gibson and that worked out well. Hopefully Williams gets the same volume down the stretch. 

• Like 1

Need a fresh set of eyes or opinions. Is anyone rolling with Harris tonight? Stevenson? The Patriots backfield has always caused me problems but Falcons stink at rush defense. I just know if I play Harris he goes for 5 and 43....if I don't play him he's 22 for 125 and 2 TD's.

No clue what the Falcons are going to do tonight. Guess it's Pitts and everyone else. Good luck to all this week!