Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

Dang...my daughter was sick yesterday morning so I missed the Lamar Jackson news. I would have sat Bateman and played Aiyuk....oh well....hopefully Brady can have a big game tonight.

Also...am I the only one that wish Russ Wilson just sat out the rest of the year so I can have Geno Smith back throwing to my WRs? This might be the first time ever I may go 0-4 in a week....from NFL.com teams to HSN.

Edited by dgambill

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In both my leagues, my opponent has Taylor. In my standard scoring league, the guy has 171 points.

In one of my leagues I went up against Eckler, Taylor, Ertz, Rodgers, Theilen, and M Williams....and he had NE defense. I think he was over my stat projection by half time of the 1pm games lol.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

In one of my leagues I went up against Eckler, Taylor, Ertz, Rodgers, Theilen, and M Williams....and he had NE defense. I think he was over my stat projection by half time of the 1pm games lol.

this guy had Taylor, Eckler, NE defense and Jalen Hurts. Meanwhile, I had Dak and his 4 points as my quarterback

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

this guy had Taylor, Eckler, NE defense and Jalen Hurts. Meanwhile, I had Dak and his 4 points as my quarterback

I had Dak in that league too!! omg the Dallas v KC game was such a fantasy dud. All week the fantasy radio guys were saying that you got to get a piece of that action blah blah blah...and outside of AJ Dillon you don't want anything to do with the Packer/Vikings game and now this morning they are all reversing course and was like I never liked that Dallas/KC matchup and we told you Aaron Rodgers with no practice in 3 weeks coming off a horrible game against Seattle and Kirk Cousins vs GB defense that just shut down Seattle was the right play! These guys lie through their teeth lol. I mean it's funny they flip flop all week long and they never hold the line on any player....think they belong in a career in politics how they spin everything when they are wrong. I don't listen to their suggestion play/sit guys but I listen for news if a guy is healthy etc but man I wish I could be as bad at my job as these douchebags and get paid for it lol.

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My daughter had Taylor, Jefferson and got 16 from her kicker to beat me. My QB in that league was Herbert and he played great but @Indykev beat me becasue he had LAC WR Williams. I really lost in both leagues scoreing over 160. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My daughter had Taylor, Jefferson and got 16 from her kicker to beat me. My QB in that league was Herbert and he played great but @Indykev beat me becasue he had LAC WR Williams. I really lost in both leagues scoreing over 160. 

That's a bad beat. Hurts when you have one of your top weeks of the year and still hang an L.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I had Dak in that league too!! omg the Dallas v KC game was such a fantasy dud. All week the fantasy radio guys were saying that you got to get a piece of that action blah blah blah...and outside of AJ Dillon you don't want anything to do with the Packer/Vikings game and now this morning they are all reversing course and was like I never liked that Dallas/KC matchup and we told you Aaron Rodgers with no practice in 3 weeks coming off a horrible game against Seattle and Kirk Cousins vs GB defense that just shut down Seattle was the right play! These guys lie through their teeth lol. I mean it's funny they flip flop all week long and they never hold the line on any player....think they belong in a career in politics how they spin everything when they are wrong. I don't listen to their suggestion play/sit guys but I listen for news if a guy is healthy etc but man I wish I could be as bad at my job as these douchebags and get paid for it lol.

i have Rodgers in my HSN league, but even his 46 points probably won't help. I can still win tonight if Barkley outscores Fournette by 12....not counting on it though.

And yes, I listen to some of the fantasy guys on Sirius and am amazed that someone is willing to pay them any amount of money for information that I can figure out on my own. I think that they were all weathermen in previous careers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

What hurts even more is when you are out raking leaves and lose track of time only to find out 2 starters are out and you lose by 1 point

Yeah man...my daughter was sick and I was rocking her to sleep for her nap...missed Lamar being out and I left Bateman in instead of Aiyuk...lost me like 15 pts there. That definitely happens a lot with last minute lineup changes...I didn't even know Lamar was sick I didn't hear about it anywhere until like kickoff.

This week right here is why no one should ever be discouraged by their draft position....if you were sitting at the back end of round 1 you more likely then not ended up with a combo of Jonathan Taylor/Austin Eckler/Najee Harris/Joe Mixon/Justin Jefferson/Tyreek Hill/Davonte Adams....that's a pretty nice 1-2 punch depending on how you went...and those in the top 5 have likely all had guys miss big chunks if not the whole season. A lot of luck involved but man hard to feel crappy about that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

This week right here is why no one should ever be discouraged by their draft position....if you were sitting at the back end of round 1 you more likely then not ended up with a combo of Jonathan Taylor/Austin Eckler/Najee Harris/Joe Mixon/Justin Jefferson/Tyreek Hill/Davonte Adams....that's a pretty nice 1-2 punch depending on how you went...and those in the top 5 have likely all had guys miss big chunks if not the whole season. A lot of luck involved but man hard to feel crappy about that.

Everyone has their one preference but I'll take 11/12 over 1-4 every single year for exactly what you said. Right now JT is playing himself into #1 talk next year and probably worth it. This years top 5 or so based on who you believe....CMC, Henry, Cook, Kamara, Barkley...all have missed time. 

I'll keep going the Adams, Kelce, Ekeler, Hill model until the league becomes a running league again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Everyone has their one preference but I'll take 11/12 over 1-4 every single year for exactly what you said. Right now JT is playing himself into #1 talk next year and probably worth it. This years top 5 or so based on who you believe....CMC, Henry, Cook, Kamara, Barkley...all have missed time. 

I'll keep going the Adams, Kelce, Ekeler, Hill model until the league becomes a running league again. 

Well with full point PPR it definitely makes more guys viable....especially receivers. I just think you can win from about anywhere...as long as your team stays somewhat healthy.

• Like 1

Not that I’m complaining because we are all playing under the same point system but I just noticed it more this week because of my opponent but we may have to think about slightly adjusting the QB scoring system lol. Trying to figure out how Ryan Tannenhil scores 16.2 points this week which was basically almost more than any rb/wr I had when he threw four interceptions yesterday lol. Maybe make each turnover count progressively more against you or something?? Lol 😂 Just kind of crazy to see.

So non ppr money league..

I have a solid group of running backs- A Jones/Dillon, Montgomery, Pollard, Stevenson, and Mathison.. and you can only play two. 

Also have Kupp, T Hill(bye), and Lamb(hurt)... I can play all 3. 

Traded Stevenson for Pittman. Guy I'm trading with has zero RBs. Lol shew. 

• Like 2

Won this week in my ESPN league.  Started the night needing a combined 25 points from Godwin and the Bucs D.  I'm now tied for 1st record wise at 8-3 (I trial the other guy in points).  At the beginning of the season, ESPN had my team projected to finish 7th in the 10 team league.  

• Haha 1

This has been the first time in over a decade I've done fantasy football. It's changed alot. 

That said it was nice to get Patrick Mahomes.  Produced early but has been underperformed recently and I have kirk cousins on the bench who has been productive the the last few weeks. How do you choose?

Amari Cooper has been solid but had to sub in Robbie Anderson.  That guy sucks, but J. Waddle and Mixon has been good. Ertz will be my go to TE from now on. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

This has been the first time in over a decade I've done fantasy football. It's changed alot. 

That said it was nice to get Patrick Mahomes.  Produced early but has been underperformed recently and I have kirk cousins on the bench who has been productive the the last few weeks. How do you choose?

Amari Cooper has been solid but had to sub in Robbie Anderson.  That guy sucks, but J. Waddle and Mixon has been good. Ertz will be my go to TE from now on. 

Mahomes is on bye this coming up week, so that's an easy decision.  Going forward, though, it's tough to not play Mahomes.  You're in a position in the standings where you probably have to win each of the next 3 weeks to get into the playoffs.  So, after next week when you have to play Cousins, I would go with Mahomes and hope you get one of his monster games. 

All that said, you just beat me, and you are ahead of me in the standings after this week, so I may not be the best person to listen to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Mahomes is on bye this coming up week, so that's an easy decision.  Going forward, though, it's tough to not play Mahomes.  You're in a position in the standings where you probably have to win each of the next 3 weeks to get into the playoffs.  So, after next week when you have to play Cousins, I would go with Mahomes and hope you get one of his monster games. 

All that said, you just beat me, and you are ahead of me in the standings after this week, so I may not be the best person to listen to.

I have 2 good qbs. And Mixon at RB had been doing well, but my WR core has been 50/50.