Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I picked him up last week, or maybe even the week before that.  Needed him to cover Hurts' bye week in case Fields was still out.  But, decided to play him this week since Hurts has been underwhelming lately.  Man, if it wasn't for those three 4th quarter picks, it would have been an absolutely huge night.  

I really hope the finger injury isn't too bad.  It had already happened before I got to sit down and watch.  If he doesn't play next week, with Hurts out, and Fields iffy, I'm up sheet creek.  

He jammed it on a guys arm. Should have just tapped it. The splint killed him.

• Like 1

Most preseason mocks had CMC, Cook, Henry, Kamara, Zeke, Barkley....in some order of first 6 picks this year. Obviously you can't play 4 of those guys and it's apparent you can't trust the last two either. 

Good luck to everyone as they head down the stretch. Friendly reminder...don't be the person who doesn't fill out a lineup because you don't have a chance to make playoffs. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thank you. Gonna ride Zeke

Sorry my man. I started Zeke too...it was just a bad matchup for running backs against the Saints....but of course Pollard breaks off that one big run and gets the TD instead of Zeke. I have them both in one of my leagues and it's basically a time split at this point.....just guessing who will score from week to week. Sorry if I led you astray!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Most preseason mocks had CMC, Cook, Henry, Kamara, Zeke, Barkley....in some order of first 6 picks this year. Obviously you can't play 4 of those guys and it's apparent you can't trust the last two either. 

Good luck to everyone as they head down the stretch. Friendly reminder...don't be the person who doesn't fill out a lineup because you don't have a chance to make playoffs. 

I might mention....I made a trade this week but then I got thinking it probably isn't a good thing to be able to have trades this late in the season. Might want to put a deadline on it at some point. Most my leagues it was like Nov 30th...so right after week 12??

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe not this week because he has Miami but I think Barkley is finally healthy...wasn't on the injury report this week. He had a very nice cut back run last week that looked like the old self. I think he might finish the season strong down the playoff stretch. His schedule looks pretty good too. He should be much fresher than most given he has missed significant time this year....sometimes injuries can keep you fresher. I can see him having a good finish....the rest are all beat to hell. Some guys are built to take the pounding better than others...but most can't hold up...and with an even longer season now...going to be a common thing. Handcuff season is here and if you didn't believe in it in the past....you really don't have a choice but to start believing in it now.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

Been playing Hurts at QB most of season.

Picked up Fields a few weeks ago when he started playing better in anticipation of Hurts late bye.

Fields gets hurt, so I pick up T.Hill last week as extra insurance.

Hurts gets hurt on Sunday and is questionable for this week.  Fields still has the big Q by his name as well. So, I play T.Hill last night, and 4 interceptions aside, it was a very good fantasy night.

The problem?  Hill mangles his finger, ala Russ Wilson.  

So, I'm fighting for the playoffs, have 3 QBs on the roster, and not one of them is healthy for next week's regular (fantasy) season finale. 

Hurts is on bye and definitely wont play.  Early reports on Hill are not promising at all.  And, Fields, if he plays, is going to be rusty as hell.

I hate fantasy football.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Been playing Hurts at QB most of season.

Picked up Fields a few weeks ago when he started playing better in anticipation of Hurts late bye.

Fields gets hurt, so I pick up T.Hill last week as extra insurance.

Hurts gets hurt on Sunday and is questionable for this week.  Fields still has the big Q by his name as well. So, I play T.Hill last night, and 4 interceptions aside, it was a very good fantasy night.

The problem?  Hill mangles his finger, ala Russ Wilson.  

So, I'm fighting for the playoffs, have 3 QBs on the roster, and not one of them is healthy for next week's regular (fantasy) season finale. 

Hurts is on bye and definitely wont play.  Early reports on Hill are not promising at all.  And, Fields, if he plays, is going to be rusty as hell.

I hate fantasy football.

I'd bet Hill is done for the season my friend. I mean we will find out more in the coming days but I think he is going to have to have surgery. Fields is out...so you just have Hurts basically. I see Heinecke still out there. He has had some decent games past few weeks. You could always take a flier on Big Ben...yikes. As washed up as he...his schedule down the stretch is pretty qb favorable and he almost exactly scored 20+ pts in every other game this year...so should be easy to predict he will have a good game next week. Plus I just noticed you have Johnson at WR who has been getting like 13 targets a game the past several games. I suppose you could double down with the qb/wr TD scenerio where everything doubles down there. Would be scary to put your season into Ben's hands though....not much faith in him.

I suppose there are always trades. Several teams are carrying two qbs....might be able to move a guy for their backup? Not sure we still should be doing trades a week before the playoffs but well....the rules say we can so I guess why not?

Edited by dgambill

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Fangio said Melvin Gordon is doubtful to play this week. For us Javonte Williams fans...he finally gets a chance for full work load. 

I've been trying to get Williams in every single league I've been in all year....NO ONE will give him up.....and now he will finally get his chance to shine!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I've been trying to get Williams in every single league I've been in all year....NO ONE will give him up.....and now he will finally get his chance to shine!

I think I've mentioned on here before. I always choose and saddle up with 1 guy that I can snag in the 5th round or later that I think has the chance to win playoffs. This year it was Javonte. Have him in all leagues and if Gordon is hurt....Broncos face some pretty poor rush defenses down the stretch. Could be the same as Antonio Gibson was last year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think I've mentioned on here before. I always choose and saddle up with 1 guy that I can snag in the 5th round or later that I think has the chance to win playoffs. This year it was Javonte. Have him in all leagues and if Gordon is hurt....Broncos face some pretty poor rush defenses down the stretch. Could be the same as Antonio Gibson was last year. 

Only thing that sucks for Javonte this week...finally getting the backfield to himself is he is going up agianst KC and if Denver gets down early he may lose a lot of touches. That said Bridgewater checks down a lot so either way he should be a safe bet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Only thing that sucks for Javonte this week...finally getting the backfield to himself is he is going up agianst KC and if Denver gets down early he may lose a lot of touches. That said Bridgewater checks down a lot so either way he should be a safe bet.

What sucks for Javonte is he plays for Denvers offense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

What sucks for Javonte is he plays for Denvers offense. 

Denver can run the ball just fine....they even have decent weapons at WR and TE.....they literally have like probably the 25th best qb in football. Teddy can't push the ball downfield, can't evade the rush, well is just a good back up qb...but honestly if Aaron Rodgers was their qb...that's a SB contender easily. Now I know we might say that about a lot of teams...but that team is set up for success for a franchise qb to come in and win right away.

41 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Key for me is he's finally going to get 20+ touches....rushes or screen plays. Just want to see what he does with Full Time work.

• Like 1

I'm a handcuff guy but now this is ridiculous. One league I have Pollard, Mattison, Michel...of course Javonte and even Hubbard....also added Breida and Hilliard in recent weeks. We have 10 bench spots for those wondering...added room last year because of Covid and never changed.

My point is this though. I go from very little options to potentially 6-7 starters next week. Weird, weird year.

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

• Like 1

This time of year you have to play your stars no matter what. With that said weather forecast for Buffalo tomorrow night isn't pretty. If you have any fringe plays today vs that game you might want to check the weather.

Also keep an eye (same reason) on Arizona/Bears today. Lots of Q's next to players you usually play....38 and windy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Montgomery or Mooney?  Mooney or Montgomery?  Which Bear to start?  Heck, let's go Mooney he decides.  Points as of 1:50

• Mooney 0.00
  • Montgomery 18.60

Sat Montgomery in our league and one other. Played him in another. About par for the course with Nagy and how he uses him. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Sat Montgomery in our league and one other. Played him in another. About par for the course with Nagy and how he uses him. 

I played him in my ESPN league.  So, it wasn't a total waste.  But I have a playoff spot wrapped up there.  Fighting for a playoff spot in the HSN league referenced above.  But, it appears I'm going to win there anyway.  

Edited by 5fouls

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Montgomery or Mooney?  Mooney or Montgomery?  Which Bear to start?  Heck, let's go Mooney he decides.  Points as of 1:50

• Mooney 0.00
  • Montgomery 18.60

I'll have to look...last I checked since David Montgomery came back from injury he has more touches then Jonathon Taylor....his usage is crazy high in that offense. He almost has to start...he will put up a lot of stats and if he get's in the endzone it's going to be a big game. Mooney depends so much on the qb....which is crap...he is a special talent but there is just so much risk there.

• Like 1