Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

56 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

In my.money league,  3 of us tied at 9-4 and the 2 at 8-5 play each other and the other 2 with 9 wins play each other. I get to play the 0-13 guy. In the playoffs just need to get healthy and improve seeding

Crazy parity this year. Lucky enough for me I'm sitting at 9-4 in all my leagues but one $ league I'm in there are 5 teams at 7-6 or 6-7 with 2 playoff spots on the line and with Rams at Arizona next week on MNF the games won't be decided until around Midnight.

45 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I have a narrow window. And to slip through that narrow window, I need @Indykevto lose. The problem is that he has Tom Brady who I need to perform well in my money league. #FFdilemmas 

You better get in a kicker @mrflynn03!

I think there is a way you can get in even if Kev wins.  If you win and B_A loses, AND you outscore him by 40+points, you would win the tiebreaker on points.  

Every single year it happens. Especially in mixed leagues where you get invited in or may not be a founding member. You get asked to join. Pay your loot. Do well.....and the regulars of the league let it loose after 13 weeks why your team is BS and their team should be in. Can set my watch to it every year.

It's just fantasy football gang. Have fun and hopefully everyone does well this week!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Every single year it happens. Especially in mixed leagues where you get invited in or may not be a founding member. You get asked to join. Pay your loot. Do well.....and the regulars of the league let it loose after 13 weeks why your team is BS and their team should be in. Can set my watch to it every year.

It's just fantasy football gang. Have fun and hopefully everyone does well this week!

Yep...you probably won't be invited back lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yep...you probably won't be invited back lol!

I'll leave that up to them. One guy has a legit point. He's the Most Points Scored in the league....but Most Points Against. I told them a growing trend in some fantasy leagues are no matter what happens during regular season the last playoff spot is reserved for Most Points Scored. We'll see how it plays out. 

Never going to apologize for a good record in fantasy...especially with some of the landmines that have been out there all year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll leave that up to them. One guy has a legit point. He's the Most Points Scored in the league....but Most Points Against. I told them a growing trend in some fantasy leagues are no matter what happens during regular season the last playoff spot is reserved for Most Points Scored. We'll see how it plays out. 

Never going to apologize for a good record in fantasy...especially with some of the landmines that have been out there all year.

A guy that might miss the playoffs has scored the most whike giving up the fewest. He wins big but loses close. Crazy

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Had that exact situation in money league last year. First year member, finished 2nd in the league (injuries late or I walk away with that crown too). Won the playoffs(thank you Stefon Diggs). I wasn't invited back lol 

Plus.. they all started posting Purdue football pics on their profile(this was last year lololol)

So maybe they kicked me out because I made this my profile picture... 

Hold that L 

Screenshot_20201209-073541_Twitter.jpg

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

A guy that might miss the playoffs has scored the most whike giving up the fewest. He wins big but loses close. Crazy

Fantasy football is so weird how that can work out. Lot's of ways to lose it seems....I can't tell you how many football and basketball leagues that I've won the regular season to lose in the playoffs or had a high scoring team that didn't make it. Usually the few times I've won it all....it was just grind it out and get lucky in the playoffs lol....never my best teams.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Fantasy football is so weird how that can work out. Lot's of ways to lose it seems....I can't tell you how many football and basketball leagues that I've won the regular season to lose in the playoffs or had a high scoring team that didn't make it. Usually the few times I've won it all....it was just grind it out and get lucky in the playoffs lol....never my best teams.

I've had a couple that shouldn't have won it all and did....but there have been 6-7 teams that I had that were no brainer winners and I finish 3rd. It's just that one week in playoffs. Shoot one year...won't forget it. 2015 week 15 Cam Newton ends up with frickin 51 points and I get beat by 4+....

It's always the one's that don't win it I remember.

• Like 1

For those that need the win this week or whatever...Mike Williams on Covid list now along with Allen. I think both are vaccinated but proving 2 negative tests before Sunday might be tough. Jalen Guyton seems to be the guy....could also if you have room for Cook and Parnham if they go tight end route in addition to heavy Ekerler load.

Never a dull moment this time of year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

For those that need the win this week or whatever...Mike Williams on Covid list now along with Allen. I think both are vaccinated but proving 2 negative tests before Sunday might be tough. Jalen Guyton seems to be the guy....could also if you have room for Cook and Parnham if they go tight end route in addition to heavy Ekerler load.

great

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Chargers coach Brandon Staley said Mike Williams is day-to-day and did not rule him out for Week 14 against the Giants.

Advice: Williams was added to the COVID list as a close contact of Keenan Allen, who was put on the list earlier this week. Because Williams is unvaccinated, he is out for five days. However, the five-day period starts at the time of the contact and that was deemed to have happened on Monday. While Williams will likely miss the entire week of practice, he should be able to suit up for the Chargers' Week 14 game against the Giants. Allen also has a shot at playing this week because he is

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

great

Tell me about it. I'm a Charger guy across all formats. I have to stay with Herbert just because....hopefully one of Allen or Williams comes back. Otherwise....I'm going to the Van Jefferson bank of hope this weekend or I guess Monday night to secure bye in two leagues. Brutal timing.....as always.

Just now, Indykev said:

Chargers coach Brandon Staley said Mike Williams is day-to-day and did not rule him out for Week 14 against the Giants.

Advice: Williams was added to the COVID list as a close contact of Keenan Allen, who was put on the list earlier this week. Because Williams is unvaccinated, he is out for five days. However, the five-day period starts at the time of the contact and that was deemed to have happened on Monday. While Williams will likely miss the entire week of practice, he should be able to suit up for the Chargers' Week 14 game against the Giants. Allen also has a shot at playing this week because he is

Hope so!! I need one of those guys going. Makes it easier in a few leagues to go RB heavy and sit Allen...if Williams can go that is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Tell me about it. I'm a Charger guy across all formats. I have to stay with Herbert just because....hopefully one of Allen or Williams comes back. Otherwise....I'm going to the Van Jefferson bank of hope this weekend or I guess Monday night to secure bye in two leagues. Brutal timing.....as always.

I have Williams in 4 leagues.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Heads up for Cook/Mattison owners. Sounds like Cook might try and play. Keep an eye on pregame.

No clue why the Vikings would risk this when you have 11 days off after this game but that's probably why Cook is hurt every single year and misses so many games. They keep bringing him back early.

Are you flipping kidding me? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I have A Jones/Lamb/Montgomery/Hubbard for one starting spot. Non ppr. 

Who should I start and why? 

Man that's a good problem to have. Running out the door but first glance I'd probably lean towards Montgomery after last weeks game. Nagy finally realizes he needs to touch the ball 20x per game. I'll have to circle back on this one later.

Hubbard wasn't necessarily lighting it up when CMC went down the first time so I'd cross him off the list. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Man that's a good problem to have. Running out the door but first glance I'd probably lean towards Montgomery after last weeks game. Nagy finally realizes he needs to touch the ball 20x per game. I'll have to circle back on this one later.

Hubbard wasn't necessarily lighting it up when CMC went down the first time so I'd cross him off the list. 

Scratch that.. benching Mattison. Same question, but I can start two of them. 

• Like 1