Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Scratch that.. benching Mattison. Same question, but I can start two of them. 

Montgomery is dealing with something too I guess and with him being Sunday night game you'll have to figure it out early I guess. Safest floor is probably Jones and Montgomery. Cam has been vulturing goal line TD's from CMC so he probably will with Chuba. 

I go Monty (if healthy), Jones, Lamb, Chuba in that order for non ppr.

Have 4 hours to figure out my own dilemma. Mattison, Pollard (injured toe), Michel (not sure if Henderson is playing) and the beat goes on.

I know if I start Mattison he gets 7 for 28. If I don't Cook gets hurt on first series and Mattison goes off.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports "the plan" is for Dalvin Cook (shoulder) to return for Thursday evening's game against the Steelers, barring a setback in pre-game warmups. 

Advice: Per Pelissero, Cook has already "regained strength and range of motion" in his banged up shoulder. National insiders for both NFL Network and ESPN have now reported that Cook will give it a go. Cook is somehow continuing his remarkable streak of serious-looking injuries turning out less so. We are obviously skeptical Cook will be ready for 100 percent of his typical workload, but he took first-team reps during the week. We would fire him up as a low-end RB1, leaving Alexander Mattison as a shaky FLEX. Mattison's case is enhanced by Adam Thielen's absence. 

• Like 1

• Josina Anderson reports Chargers WR Mike Williams has thus far tested negative for COVID-19 after being a close contact to COVID-positive Keenan Allen. 

Advice: Williams isn't out of the woods yet, but he is getting closer. He must remain negative and asymptomatic for 48 hours following his "close contact." Williams landed on the COVID list on Wednesday afternoon. It appears we will know his status by Friday afternoon's injury report, and if not then, by Saturday afternoon's transactions flurry. Fantasy managers can keep Williams penciled into their lineups for the final week of the regular season. 

More: Josina Anderson on Twitter

(NBCSportsEDGE.com)
  •  
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

@Notithatlives is going to try and take me out by picking up 2 former Hoosiers.  My luck both will go off.

Jets RB Tevin Coleman (concussion) missed practice on Wedneday.

Advice: The timing of Coleman's concussion makes it likely that he will miss Week 14 against the Saints. Coleman handled 14 touches for the Jets in Week 13, so his absence opens up quite a bit of opportunity in the Jets' backfield. Austin Walter and Ty Johnson will likely form a committee if Coleman is unable to play. However, the Saints present a very difficult matchup, making each running back a thin RB2

I take back what i said.

21 minutes ago, Indykev said:

COOK IS GOING OFF!!!!

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Bad News:  I'm going against Cook in KDB's league

Good News:  I'm not in playoff contention with that team anyway

Better News:  I have Cook in my ESPN league and I'm trying to hold onto the #1 seed for the playoffs.

I have one league where it's just best record. No playoffs. Guy I'm going against benched Cook.....in the great words of Phil Helmuth....I can dodge bullets baby!

PS...football wise. Cook looks really really fast tonight. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have one league where it's just best record. No playoffs. Guy I'm going against benched Cook.....in the great words of Phil Helmuth....I can dodge bullets baby!

PS...football wise. Cook looks really really fast tonight. 

I would love a no playoff league.  Never been a fan of playoff formats.  But, it would take some commitment from everyone to keep trying even if they are out of contention

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I would love a no playoff league.  Never been a fan of playoff formats.  But, it would take some commitment from everyone to keep trying even if they are out of contention

This is a smaller league. 12 teams. $50 each...top 3 paid....but if you don't put a lineup in you add $20 each week to next year total. 

Me personally I love playoffs. Even if it stings when you lose with a great team....but I like to leverage all my fantasy teams. Even in just best record leagues. 

• Like 1

Today, 8:13 am

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Joe Mixon (illness) is expected to play in Week 14 against the 49ers.

Advice: Mixon didn't practice all week but non-COVID illnesses are typically easy to bounce back from. As long as he's feeling good, Mixon is in line for another RB1 outing. He has scored in nine consecutive games and is averaging 25.7 carries per game since the Bengals' bye week. Even against a tough San Francisco defense, fantasy managers can trust Mixon for elite fantasy numbers. 

30 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Chargers activated Mike Williams from the COVID-19 list. 

Advice: This had been the expectation for several days. With Keenan Allen (COVID) sidelined, Williams will be the focal point of the passing attack and a must-start fantasy option. 

He's been in my lineup in a couple leagues all year long. If anyone needs a desperation filler for today regarding Chargers. Jalen Guyton is worth a look...especially in PPR. 

Good luck to everyone! Crunch time for playoff positioning or just making. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He's been in my lineup in a couple leagues all year long. If anyone needs a desperation filler for today regarding Chargers. Jalen Guyton is worth a look...especially in PPR. 

Good luck to everyone! Crunch time for playoff positioning or just making. 

I'm in the playoffs in my money league. I was first in the league. 

12 team. Non ppr. Semi finals are two weeks, so are the finals. So, playoffs run weeks 14-17. 

I'm rolling with A Jones/Chuba/T Hill/Kupp. Sitting Montgomery/Lamb. Obviously Pollard and Mattison weren't options this week.  I'm pleased with myself that I found that much depth, but A Jones gotta perform for me. 

• Like 2