Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

@dgambill and somehow won lol

Indy D had 18 for me and Matt Gay had 15. Spot started Tua who gave me 22. Had to still play Henderson (furious with myself that I didn't get Michel) and he had zero. 

Thankfully, @mrflynn03 played the former MVP over Kirk Cousins (same thing I would have done) and played Ertz over Goedert (same thing I would have done). If he changes those two positions around, instead of me winning by 13.5... he wins by 25 ish. 

Back to normalcy for my team though.. A Jones healthy, Chubb back, Henderson/Hubbard/Pollard for the flex spot. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

@dgambill and somehow won lol

Indy D had 18 for me and Matt Gay had 15. Spot started Tua who gave me 22. Had to still play Henderson (furious with myself that I didn't get Michel) and he had zero. 

Thankfully, @mrflynn03 played the former MVP over Kirk Cousins (same thing I would have done) and played Ertz over Goedert (same thing I would have done). If he changes those two positions around, instead of me winning by 13.5... he wins by 25 ish. 

Back to normalcy for my team though.. A Jones healthy, Chubb back, Henderson/Hubbard/Pollard for the flex spot. 

It feels great when your D and kicker comes through in a bad week. You are just hoping for like 12 pts total there....feels pretty sweet. I know whenever my defense is balling out they go soft in the 4th and give up a couple meaningless (not fantasy) scores to give back all those points. 

I traded Goedert who I really liked his schedule down the stretch for Renfroe...so overall it's a wash...but I can't play Goedert at wr so I needed the points in a different spot. With AB out I just can't sit Gronk who Brady trusts so much.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Going to be a wild finish next week to see who makes the playoffs. We've seen some really big ups and downs...been a really crazy year. I thought COVID year last year was bad but this year has seen some wild swings.

In the HSN league where IndyKev is commissioner, after tonight there should be 4 teams at 8-5 and 1 at 7-6.  Four of those 5 teams will make the playoffs.  One will not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Correct.  You and @NotIThatLiveshave already clinched.  My post is referencing teams 3-7 in the standings.

Oh duh...yeah. I know from looking at the record last week the other league was close too. Not sure after this week but there was like 8 teams all bunched up at or a game above 500. Very competitive leagues.

Edited by dgambill

8 minutes ago, rico said:

I will be the one.

I doubt it. With points being a tie breaker you should be ok. With your win this week even if you lose next week when JT and your Indy defense sits you should be sitting in a good spot...and honestly....I've had some of my best weeks when my best players have been out.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I doubt it. With points being a tie breaker you should be ok. With your win this week even if you lose next week when JT and your Indy defense sits you should be sitting in a good spot...and honestly....I've had some of my best weeks when my best players have been out.

Thanks for the pep talk!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, rico said:

I will be the one.

Parakeet is in the best position of the 5.  You are in 2nd best because of your points.  Sagamore is out if he loses, but likely in if he wins because of points.  Kev and I are most vulnerable and would be in trouble if we lose.  If we both lose, it could get very interesting because we will start the week separated by only about 5 points if my math is correct. 

Since you and I face each other, that could turn into a win or go home if both Kev and Sagamore win.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Parakeet is in the best position of the 5.  You are in 2nd best because of your points.  Sagamore is out if he loses, but likely in if he wins because of points.  Kev and I are most vulnerable and would be in trouble if we lose.  If we both lose, it could get very interesting because we will start the week separated by only about 5 points if my math is correct. 

Since you and I face each other, that could turn into a win or go home if both Kev and Sagamore win.

Gotta be happy it's Indy's bye week lol. JT has been a league winner....and you would think with Allen/Diggs combo to go along that Rico is one that you don't want to face in the playoffs.....but that late bye week is so crazy...can't believe we are talking about byes in week 14.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

I have been eye-balling that Indy bye for a month now.  

Yeah...that's what is so tough....sometimes things are going good and you don't want to make a move...and you don't want to break up a good team for one week...but there is always that decision/trade-off on how you prepare for it. I shuffle the bottom of my roster probably about as much as anyone. You've got your core and you probably have a handcuff or maybe two...but those other spots it's like sometimes you make a move two weeks out knowing about the schedule....at this point some tough decisions. Your problem also is TB plays Buffalo....if Allen and Diggs play well you kill your own defense...yikes! Also, does Gordon come back next week...and if so does he still get a split of carries....tough one man.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Gotta be happy it's Indy's bye week lol. JT has been a league winner....and you would think with Allen/Diggs combo to go along that Rico is one that you don't want to face in the playoffs.....but that late bye week is so crazy...can't believe we are talking about byes in week 14.

Not complaining at all.  Gives me hope. Missed Cooper Kupp a couple of weeks ago as well.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Not complaining at all.  Gives me hope. Missed Cooper Kupp a couple of weeks ago as well.  

Gosh.....Kupp is like a cheat code this year! I was targeting him but being the first pick in 3rd rd it was going to be tough to take him over the guys that were sitting there....and yet no way he would get back to me at the last pick of the 4th.....of course if I'd known he would blow up this much under Stafford...well I wouldn't have waited. Just thought Woods and him would mostly split the offense...but wow Kupp has been a league winner to get that type of production from a WR.

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Gosh.....Kupp is like a cheat code this year! I was targeting him but being the first pick in 3rd rd it was going to be tough to take him over the guys that were sitting there....and yet no way he would get back to me at the last pick of the 4th.....of course if I'd known he would blow up this much under Stafford...well I wouldn't have waited. Just thought Woods and him would mostly split the offense...but wow Kupp has been a league winner to get that type of production from a WR.

I went back and looked at my draft in the league we are discussing because I dont feel I got draft 'value' from any of my early picks.  I'm fortunate I'm competing for the playoffs at all. I had the 7th pick.

1) Kelce.  Has been inconsistent and not had too many huge weeks.

2) Gibson.  Coming on now, but was almost unplayable at times early in season.

3) Montgomery.  No real complaints when he has been on field, but missed several key weeks.

4) A. Cooper.  Gave me a couple of big weeks, but been a disappointment more often than not.

5) D. Johnson.  First of the bunch where I feel I got good draft value.

6) R. Anderson.  As bad as this was, it's even worse that Deebo got selected a couple of picks after.

I also totally forgot I drafted Pittman in the 10th round.  Dont think I kept him past Week 1 if I even still had him then.  Certainly not my best move.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I went back and looked at my draft in the league we are discussing because I dont feel I got draft 'value' from any of my early picks.  I'm fortunate I'm competing for the playoffs at all. I had the 7th pick.

1) Kelce.  Has been inconsistent and not had too many huge weeks.

2) Gibson.  Coming on now, but was almost unplayable at times early in season.

3) Montgomery.  No real complaints when he has been on field, but missed several key weeks.

4) A. Cooper.  Gave me a couple of big weeks, but been a disappointment more often than not.

5) D. Johnson.  First of the bunch where I feel I got good draft value.

6) R. Anderson.  As bad as this was, it's even worse that Deebo got selected a couple of picks after.

I also totally forgot I drafted Pittman in the 10th round.  Dont think I kept him past Week 1 if I even still had him then.  Certainly not my best move.  

You were honestly drafting pretty logically...Johnson is a top 5 receiver much less to get him in the 5th rd.....so first half the draft you were doing great. Pittman late was good.  I've missed my first rd pick CMC basically the whole season....then traded my 2nd rd pick plus a couple good wrs for Henry to only have him immediately go on IR. I selected Allen Robinson in the 3rd and Mike Davis in the 5th....how I'm even in the playoffs is beyond me. I've just side hussled my way there I guess. That and drafting Brady late...honestly I drafted Brady, Gronk, and AB very very late...plus Mike Williams. Had it not been those guys later on no way I'd made it this far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Awesome. Just as the empire was finally getting healthy. Keenan Allen tests positive for Covid. Plan accordingly. No clue if that means he's gone next week or what. 

Today, 5:02 pm

Chargers placed Keenan Allen on reserve/COVID-19 list.

Advice: If Allen is vaccinated, he can rejoin the team after returning two negative COVID tests 24 hours apart. Players have typically missed one game after being placed on the COVID list, although Allen does have nearly a full week to get his negative results. Chargers coach Brandon Staley called Allen "day-to-day." If he does miss the Chargers' Week 14 game against the Giants, Mike Williams would likely be in for a heavy dose of targets. Austin Ekeler would also see an uptick in usage as one of the team's primary targets on short throws. Jalen Guyton and Josh Palmer are the Chargers' next men up for WR2 and WR3 duties. 

Standings after Week 13 in Kev's league.  We have 5 teams battling for the final 4 playoff spots.  Very good chance an 8-6 team will miss out.  

Key matchups in Week 14 among those contending for that last playoff spot, including a head-to-head that could turn out to be an elimination game..

@Indykevvs. @NotIThatLives

@Sagamorevs. @Leathernecks

@Parakeet Jonesvs. @ledies22

@ricovs. @5fouls

image.png.8647be50a1146f5334efc407b8aa5b0b.png

• Like 3

Standings after Week 13 in KDB's league.  We have 5 teams battling for the last 3 playoff spots.  Realistically, though, @Hoosier51would get in on points regardless of what happens.  It is certain that a 7-7 team will get in, though others with that record could get left out.     

Key matchups in Week 14 for those contending for those last playoff spots.

@B_Avs. @Steubenhoosier

@Indykevvs. @mrflynn03 (possible winner take all)

@Hoosier51vs @tdhoosier

image.png.39ba119dbdcc1c7fa97ff076d93098b8.png

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Standings after Week 13 in KDB's league.  We have 5 teams battling for the last 3 playoff spots.  Realistically, though, @Hoosier51would get in on points regardless of what happens.  It is certain that a 7-7 team will get in, though others with that record could get left out.     

Key matchups in Week 14 for those contending for those last playoff spots.

@B_Avs. @Steubenhoosier

@Indykevvs. @mrflynn03 (possible winner take all)

@Hoosier51vs @tdhoosier

image.png.39ba119dbdcc1c7fa97ff076d93098b8.png

I have a narrow window. And to slip through that narrow window, I need @Indykevto lose. The problem is that he has Tom Brady who I need to perform well in my money league. #FFdilemmas 

You better get in a kicker @mrflynn03!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2