High School Hoops '21-'22

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

When Knightstown built their new high school in 2006, they installed shot clocks in the gym. Right now it is just used as another clock that the teams can see.

That's surprising that a small school would do that. Most fanbases from schools that size are always like "wE AlrEaDY HavE a ShOT clOcK, iT's 8 MinUtEs LonG!" 

I've never had a strong opinion one way or the other, but it's amazing how angry some people become over the idea of a shot clock.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

That's surprising that a small school would do that. Most fanbases from schools that size are always like "wE AlrEaDY HavE a ShOT clOcK, iT's 8 MinUtEs LonG!" 

I've never had a strong opinion one way or the other, but it's amazing how angry some people become over the idea of a shot clock.

A shot clock honestly would change the game up more and may actually have an adverse effect as much as the stall tactic. If a team isn’t initiating an offense just let the official give a five count and issue a warning to the coach followed by turnover or technical. As few times it happens we don’t need to radically change HS basketball over it.

20 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Anyone here know anything about Jack Benter? Apparently he was at the Purdue game today and was curious what level of recruit he might be. 

I've known Jack since he was born. When Jack was in 3rd grade he played up on a 5th grade AAU team and was the best player on most courts lol no lie. He's literally been shooting from the volleyball line since he was a 3rd grader. 

He is the son of a Hall of Fame coach, Dave Benter, who was national player of the year at Hanover. Jack is 6'4/6'5 right now and looks like a 6th grader. His dad was 5'10/5'11 as a FR in HS and was 6'4 when he graduated and grew to 6'7/6'8 in college and still had his guard skills. 

He had 31 points in the first half of a game last week along with hitting 9 3s. I think he is avg like 25p 6r 4a or something like that, currently. 

Painter will not have recruited a smarter player then Jack Benter. I have no idea if Jack ends up B1G material, literally no clue. You won't beat him in a game of horse though lol 

This video is from the second game of his HS career vs our county rival. He had 29 in that game. When I say the kid has unlimited range, the kid has UNLIMITED range. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I've known Jack since he was born. When Jack was in 3rd grade he played up on a 5th grade AAU team and was the best player on most courts lol no lie. He's literally been shooting from the volleyball line since he was a 3rd grader. 

He is the son of a Hall of Fame coach, Dave Benter, who was national player of the year at Hanover. Jack is 6'4/6'5 right now and looks like a 6th grader. His dad was 5'10/5'11 as a FR in HS and was 6'4 when he graduated and grew to 6'7/6'8 in college and still had his guard skills. 

He had 31 points in the first half of a game last week along with hitting 9 3s. I think he is avg like 25p 6r 4a or something like that, currently. 

Painter will not have recruited a smarter player then Jack Benter. I have no idea if Jack ends up B1G material, literally no clue. You won't beat him in a game of horse though lol 

This video is from the second game of his HS career vs our county rival. He had 29 in that game. When I say the kid has unlimited range, the kid has UNLIMITED range. 

Great stuff thank you sir! Does your gut tell you he’s a B1G-level guy?

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Great stuff thank you sir! Does your gut tell you he’s a B1G-level guy?

No offense, but I'm not going to answer that question publicly. Jack is a great kid and I've worked under Coach Benter and I obviously played for him, as well. I assume they wouldn't like me divulging as much as I have. They are A+ people though. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 1:03 PM, btownqb said:

No offense, but I'm not going to answer that question publicly. Jack is a great kid and I've worked under Coach Benter and I obviously played for him, as well. I assume they wouldn't like me divulging as much as I have. They are A+ people though. 

Jack had 27 last night. Brownstown moved to 16-3. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Made the short trip Thursday night just to watch Jack play in Washington. I obviously don't evaluate talent for a living but he definitely has a good build & a helluva shot. Is his dad their coach?

25 minutes ago, JW75 said:

Made the short trip Thursday night just to watch Jack play in Washington. I obviously don't evaluate talent for a living but he definitely has a good build & a helluva shot. Is his dad their coach?

Yes, he is. Read the last 10 or so posts. I left a more detailed message about Jack above. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yes, he is. Read the last 10 or so posts. I left a more detailed message about Jack above. 

I saw where you said Hall of Fame coach but wasn't sure he was still current. I did not grab a program so that's my fault. I was just curious as they pulled away from Washington in the 2nd half and Jack made a couple "relaxed" plays and coach rode him pretty hard even with a comfortable lead. Thanks!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No. Jack just took a visit at Purdue. I can't do anything about having known Jack since he was born lol 

And I've watched him play once and who knows if I ever will again. So, no this won't go much further.  Not Luke Brown craziness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

I watched a good one on TV last night.  Penn @ South Bend Washington.  The Kingsmen pulled it out.  Definitely some DI talent in the game.

https://www.southbendtribune.com/story/sports/2022/02/11/penn-washington-high-school-basketball-scores-ihsaa-boys-schedule/6759040001/

The South Bend Washington Boys have nothing on the SB Washington girls.  The coach has three girls (SR, JR, & FR).  All 3 have committed to Maryland.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2022 at 10:01 AM, btownqb said:

https://tribtown.com/2022/02/11/brownstown-improves-to-16-3-with-win-over-bnl/

An article from Friday night. He actually had 28, I misspoke. 

There was also an interesting development in the conference this past weekend. A 6'7 FR from Scottsburg (Colby Hall) and a FR guard (Chance Coomer) both transferred to Brownstown. Colby Hall, I'm told, is a legitimate D1 kid. Obviously, he is tall, but he has a lot of skill and shooting ability for being so tall. 

Anyways.. big, big development down this way.  

Edited by btownqb

48 minutes ago, btownqb said:

https://tribtown.com/2022/02/11/brownstown-improves-to-16-3-with-win-over-bnl/

An article from Friday night. He actually had 28, I misspoke. 

There was also an interesting development in the conference this past weekend. A 6'7 FR Scottsburg (Colby Hall) and a FR guard (Chance Coomer) both transferred to Brownstown. Colby Hall, I'm told, is a legitimate D1 kid. I was told, obviously, he is tall, but he has a lot of skill and shooting ability for being so tall. 

Anyways.. big, big development down this way.  

NIL money involved I presume?  lol