2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

11 minutes ago, Reacher said:

While Fland may make more of an impact for his team next year, I view Queen as the more important recruit for IU. 

1) Likely to stay in college longer

2) Front court more of a need 

3) Hoping Cupps will be an adequate replacement for X.

4) Keeps the Monteverde momentum going!

See... I don't know about the front court need part.  I know Ware and Reneau both want to be in the draft next year, but will they be?  Then you have Sparks back.  Eh, I don't know though.  Spin it the other way and assume both Reneau and Ware are gone, then it's a huge need.  Either way, this would be absolutely HUGE!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

See... I don't know about the front court need part.  I know Ware and Reneau both want to be in the draft next year, but will they be?  Then you have Sparks back.  Eh, I don't know though.  Spin it the other way and assume both Reneau and Ware are gone, then it's a huge need.  Either way, this would be absolutely HUGE!

Maryland has Reese so it’s not a huge difference 

7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Walker is gone after this year. Lets say Ware, Malik and Sparks all stay for 2 more seasons. Then we will have a huge void. As we saw from Malik, it takes awhile for bigs to get used to playing D without fouling. It would be ideal to get Queen in here with any of our remaining bigs for a year to learn the system and keep the pressure off him and then supplement with a portal player or two and let him be the man his soph and or jr years..

• Like 1

I have to believe that the benefit, of having 3 (current or prior) players that are familiar with the program, is playing in our favor.  Familiarity, especially for an 18 year old kid, can be a big factor.  Especially if one of your best friends is pulling you one way.  I don't think this gets talked about enough.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Between2Halls said:

😳😳

I WILL NOT GET MY HOPES TOO HIGH

I will not waste my time on another recruiting thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5