2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Truth is, I prefer Queen, but had given up on him before. Glad to know we are still in the mix for him. 

Me too. I think Flory has elite athleticism, but still viewed him as a raw pro prospect. Queen looks like an immediate contributor and more polished at this point. Not saying Flory won’t be amazing, but he does remind me a little of HMP. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Me too. I think Flory has elite athleticism, but still viewed him as a raw pro prospect. Queen looks like an immediate contributor and more polished at this point. Not saying Flory won’t be amazing, but he does remind me a little of HMP. 

I said he looked like a bigger HMP and got killed for it. Flory is a developmental type player. 

11 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Queen has game.  Flory has dunks.  JMHO.  😊

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

And then there are those of us that saw the Van Arsdale twins play 🙂

You're only as old as you feel...or so they tell me 😁

Not only the twins, but also Jon McGlocklin.  Imagine how many points he would have had if there was a 3 point shot back then.  One of the best outside shooters ever.

Edited by IUguy
spelling
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, IUguy said:

Not only the twins, but also Jon McGlocklin.  Imagine how many points he would have had if there was a 3 point shot back then.  One of the best outside shooters ever.

And Steve Redenbaugh, who averaged about 12 pts per game for Branch's last Hoosier team.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IUguy said:

He sure was...

I use to play basketball with his twin nephews Jon and Don at the outdoor court behind the old Franklin Boy's Club...

They played on Franklin's 73 & 74 high school Final 4 teams...

3 hours ago, IUguy said:

Not to keep posting about old guys, but keep in mind Alford only had the 3 pt line for one year. Shot 53% taking 6 a game. If he played now he'd probably take 12 a game. 

• Like 1