2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Senior year visits are so hard to predict what they mean but we definitely have a seat at the small dinner table. Hopefully he comes for Kansas game or some other big home game.

I would like him here when the students are going crazy. They wont be here for the Kansas game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I would like him here when the students are going crazy. They wont be here for the Kansas game.

Understand. Still will be a great environment just like at Kansas last year. That game wasn't part of students package and it didn't disappoint crowd wise. Just glad were getting another visit. 

• Like 1

Derik Queen and Montverde teammate Liam McNeeley will take their Indiana officials on the same weekend.  Sept. 8-10.

They also took their junior year Indiana visits together, hosted by former Montverde players Jalen Hood-Schifino and Malik Reneau.

This is certainly positive for Indiana.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2024-5-star-center-derik-queen-will-take-indiana-senior-year-official/

derik, liam hsn.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Derik Queen and Montverde teammate Liam McNeeley will take their Indiana officials on the same weekend.  Sept. 8-10.

They also took their junior year Indiana visits together, hosted by former Montverde players Jalen Hood-Schifino and Malik Reneau.

This is certainly positive for Indiana.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2024-5-star-center-derik-queen-will-take-indiana-senior-year-official/

derik, liam hsn.JPG

Campus will be full and they'll get a full look of Bloomington. Can't ask for much more.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

That's a great question.  Sounds like the Harper's were asking that same thing. There seem to be schools making promises their NIL collectives can't keep. 

Wonder how many LOI's these days have NIL clauses with guaranteed amounts. (Maybe none) but I bet a few have tried. Would be interesting to see if a player claims "breach of contract" if such a clause existed...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Between2Halls said:

I’m gonna go ahead and put in a Crystal ball pick for Queen and McNeeley to IU. Based solely on my heart's desire. 

Haha, this is a great post.  Your CB pick is better than the official guys who do it 10 minutes before the announcement.

hoops hsn.JPG

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, DWB said:

Wonder how many LOI's these days have NIL clauses with guaranteed amounts. (Maybe none) but I bet a few have tried. Would be interesting to see if a player claims "breach of contract" if such a clause existed...

They can't have NIL clauses in the NLIs. NIL comes from businesses outside of the school.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DWB said:

I’d love to see that.  The schools are allegedly  insulated from the so called collectives (a sham) but call out the false promises in court and let the world, particularly other recruits, know about the bait and switch.   A contractual system, that potentially protects parties on both sides, seems to be in order.  

7 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’d love to see that.  The schools are allegedly  insulated from the so called collectives (a sham) but call out the false promises in court and let the world, particularly other recruits, know about the bait and switch.   A contractual system, that potentially protects parties on both sides, seems to be in order.  

Can’t protect what isn’t legal. They aren’t supposed to be paying or promising before they actually play. Now we know that isn’t the way it’s going but you can’t cry foul in court or in the media without setting yourself up. Plus NIL is under states rights at the moment. So a donor can and will promise by a handshake until the kid signs. That stuff will take care of itself as the word gets out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Victobmyboy said:

Can’t protect what isn’t legal. They aren’t supposed to be paying or promising before they actually play. Now we know that isn’t the way it’s going but you can’t cry foul in court or in the media without setting yourself up. Plus NIL is under states rights at the moment. So a donor can and will promise by a handshake until the kid signs. That stuff will take care of itself as the word gets out. 

Yep.  These kids talk and word gets out real quick when a school doesn't follow through on a nil verbal agreement.  I'm guessing there is some of that going on at Tennessee.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Yep.  These kids talk and word gets out real quick when a school doesn't follow through on a nil verbal agreement.  I'm guessing there is some of that going on at Tennessee.   

Sometimes its the kid going against the agreement. Its been said JHS asked for another $100K from IU when he began to start.

• Like 1