2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

26 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Why wouldn't he visit all of his finalists. Liam will visit Texas one more time. If the staff did their jobs they will commit here, if they didn't they won't.

I don't agree with your last part because our staff can doing everything right and still not get a commitment if the players like the other school better 

• Like 3

Some IU fans are taking on the Terp faithful...And make a pretty good argument for our Hoosiers...

image.png.318214f9753421a7103c0634676e8b34.png

image.png.cb7899be4d1281478f40b24291b60be1.png

image.png.082e84f599f3d63bb4c0dde6fc83a188.png

The other thing I've discovered about Willard is, he's a Rick Pitino protege...Spent time at Louisville and the Celtics with ol Ricky "Don't Eat the Breadsticks." :) 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2023 at 1:56 PM, IUFLA said:

Some IU fans are taking on the Terp faithful...And make a pretty good argument for our Hoosiers...

image.png.318214f9753421a7103c0634676e8b34.png

image.png.cb7899be4d1281478f40b24291b60be1.png

image.png.082e84f599f3d63bb4c0dde6fc83a188.png

The other thing I've discovered about Willard is, he's a Rick Pitino protege...Spent time at Louisville and the Celtics with ol Ricky "Don't Eat the Breadsticks." :) 

Mike Woodson was an NBA coach for how long?  Forget TJD and JHS (although those are nice feathers in the cap) he has actually done it with those guys from turning a young team like the Atlanta Hawks from basement dwellers to a young playoff team to coaching All Stars like Carmelo Anthony.  The coach no one has ever heard of almost named for a President no one remembers is just that, an afterthought in this discussion.

If the kid picks Maryland it will be more because of location to home than anything Coach IDKWTI would have to offer.

Edited by IUCrazy2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm knee deep in bad football. Can someone give me a quick recap please? If Liam pops are we good with the Queen or is he wanting his own direction in Maryland?

Your guess is as good as anybody's...

I do think the only real chance we have with him is if McNeely commits to us... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

Truth. If Liam goes KU Queen goes Maryland. JMHO

My gut also. I think if we get Liam he pumps the breaks and thinks this thru hard and it may become a 50/50 with Maryland, if no Liam he just goes Maryland.

then if they both come Fland considers IU hardcore.

Edited by BADGERVOL

12 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

My gut also. I think if we get Liam he pumps the breaks and thinks this thru hard and it may become a 50/50 with Maryland, if no Liam he just goes Maryland.

then if they both come Fland considers IU hardcore.

Pretty great pressure on the staff, if you get one kid you might get them all, miss on him and you might get no one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

He posted the Lakers hype video of JHS on his Insta story today, FYI.

Good to know but JHS was also at Montverde and played with Queen for a year. So it may not have anything to do with IU but it certainly doesn't hurt that one of his former teammates went to IU and improved his draft stock.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Good to know but JHS was also at Montverde and played with Queen for a year. So it may not have anything to do with IU but it certainly doesn't hurt that one of his former teammates went to IU and improved his draft stock.

Totally, not suggesting this is his Trilly bomb lol. I just thought it was interesting that he would post it on his account. Happy knowing that video resonated with him and he’s spending more time thinking about Woody and player development. 

I try not to read too heavily into things but Liam did post Boogie content on his IG story yesterday, and Queen the next day with Fino content. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Totally, not suggesting this is his Trilly bomb lol. I just thought it was interesting that he would post it on his account. Happy knowing that video resonated with him and he’s spending more time thinking about Woody and player development. 

I try not to read too heavily into things but Liam did post Boogie content on his IG story yesterday, and Queen the next day with Fino content. 

I am all in for this obsessive connecting of the dots. Especially when we have the uncontrollable urge to spin it in our favor. 

I am with ya!   😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1