2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

Sometimes its the kid going against the agreement. Its been said JHS asked for another $100K from IU when he began to start.

JHS started from game 1... The only games he didn't start was when he was injured...

Where did this rumor start? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

JHS started from game 1... The only games he didn't start was when he was injured...

Where did this rumor start? 

I was told by a couple of people close to the program then Kent Sterling and DD made it public. Cue the DD doesn't know anything posts...lol

Anyone know On3’s difference between “change in RPM” and “new leader”? It shows both on their predictions page. 

I think the change here is simply due to increased social media engagement but it still shows Texas leading for Liam despite the regular articles our beat writers put out on him. FFA61CC9-B2FE-4966-9BA8-5BA63A89A7C9.thumb.png.1faf6070f5a864f63425aac777c85ec3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Anyone know On3’s difference between “change in RPM” and “new leader”? It shows both on their predictions page. 

I think the change here is simply due to increased social media engagement but it still shows Texas leading for Liam despite the regular articles our beat writers put out on him. FFA61CC9-B2FE-4966-9BA8-5BA63A89A7C9.thumb.png.1faf6070f5a864f63425aac777c85ec3.png

No idea on your question but love to see we are perceived leader for Queen. He's my #1 want for 2024. 

24 minutes ago, cybergates said:

No idea on your question but love to see we are perceived leader for Queen. He's my #1 want for 2024. 

I wouldn’t go ahead and think we’re the perceived leader.

Personally, I think if we get Liam to somehow commit during or shortly after that Sept visit, we can steal the recruitment. 

Maryland has done well recruiting recently and will have solid local players back (DHS, Kaiser), but I think Woody’s resume/development of TJD and Ware/NIL opportunities is a stronger pitch than what Maryland has to offer. Whether or not that resonates with DQ is another story though lol. 

D73BC5D7-7C4B-423D-A6D3-36916C6285B2.png

C7FB73C7-2F9B-4609-B3C2-EFCA0173A4C2.png

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I wouldn’t go ahead and think we’re the perceived leader.

Personally, I think if we get Liam to somehow commit during or shortly after that Sept visit, we can steal the recruitment. 

Maryland has done well recruiting recently and will have solid local players back (DHS, Kaiser), but I think Woody’s resume/development of TJD and Ware/NIL opportunities is a stronger pitch than what Maryland has to offer. Whether or not that resonates with DQ is another story though lol. 

D73BC5D7-7C4B-423D-A6D3-36916C6285B2.png

C7FB73C7-2F9B-4609-B3C2-EFCA0173A4C2.png

From what we’ve heard is this recruitment opened up after his best contact(coach) left. IU was out until may. They kept recruiting him and it’s moving positive in IU’s direction. Is it enough? 🤷🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victobmyboy said:

From what we’ve heard is this recruitment opened up after his best contact(coach) left. IU was out until may. They kept recruiting him and it’s moving positive in IU’s direction. Is it enough? 🤷🏻

For sure. I think the CB predictions I posted earlier show that there was a lot of momentum earlier but has since stalled. Obviously him taking another visit with Liam, (who I would assume DQ feels is likely IU bound) says a lot about where this stands. 

Like I said earlier, I think IU has a deeper/stronger pitch, while Maryland’s only real sell is staying close to home. Plus look at their roster construction, they’ll basically have 3 centers returning for next season. IU can easily say Ware is NBA bound and you have a clear path to 30+ minutes if you come here. 

25EBDAD8-09EA-4C7E-921E-B4A32BE1D331.thumb.png.2abdcb6e56b28255d8102dc6f47db6ba.png

Edited by Hoosierdave
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

The On3 predictions aren't grounded in insider knowledge. It's often been referred to as a tool that measures social media and broader website engagement from fanbases. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Farther down

Screenshot_20230906-1037052.thumb.png.ed6d457be8c0fc0908c9014bbec81273.png

And apparently Maryland's NIL prowess isn't all that great

🙂

LOL at "Some kids aren't smart enough to look at the long term and just look at the short term award." 

You gotta love the age-old fans' perspective: "if a recruit doesn't pick us, he's dumb."

Either way, Queen can benefit from BOTH the short term AND long term rewards at IU. Problem solved. Too bad Maryland can only offer one of those benefits. 😎 

• Like 6

Just now, tdhoosier said:

LOL at "Some kids aren't smart enough to look at the long term and just look at the short term award." 

You gotta love the age-old fans' perspective: "if a recruit doesn't pick us, he's dumb."

Either way, Queen can benefit from BOTH the short term AND long term rewards at IU. Problem solved. Too bad Maryland can only offer one of those benefits. 😎 

I'm not sure Maryland can fulfill either...

Long term, who, even with a short sample size, will get you to the NBA? Woodson or Willard? Is that even close? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not sure Maryland can fulfill either...

Long term, who, even with a short sample size, will get you to the NBA? Woodson or Willard? Is that even close? 

That covers my opinion on the matter.  I don't see Maryland being superior in either aspect at this time.  Something else may loom larger than the NIL opportunities and a coach with an NBA pedigree and a pretty good development track record, but if those two factors are most important to a recruit, IU is going to look like a very good option compared to Maryland.

• Like 3