2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Phillies came into the series with the Reds slumping by getting shut out 3 of the last 4 games. The Reds pitching has been a cure for that slump because in the two games the Reds have given up 15 runs on 30 hits. Phillies had went 6 games without a homer but tonight they have hit 5.

Edited by IU Scott

On 8/14/2022 at 9:05 PM, 5fouls said:

They are giving the A's better playoff odds than the Orioles.  Definitely a screwup.  The Angels having a 62% chance at the playoffs is almost just as bad.   

Right now the Orioles have a better chance than the Yankees, IMO. The O's are playing good baseball. Where the Yankees have sucked big time since the All-Star break. Their 10,5 game lead is now down to 9 games. And I have this feeling that I am watching one of the greatest choke jobs in all of sports. In the last 3 games, the Spankees have scored a combined 1 UNEARNED run!!! Let that sink in. They face the Mets this week-end and will be facing Scherzer and DeGrom 😔

There are rumblings of a major shake-up in the roster, perhaps bringing up as many as 3-4 players from the minors.

As a Yankee fan, if the playoffs started today, I would not feel too confident.

9 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Right now the Orioles have a better chance than the Yankees, IMO. The O's are playing good baseball. Where the Yankees have sucked big time since the All-Star break. Their 10,5 game lead is now down to 9 games. And I have this feeling that I am watching one of the greatest choke jobs in all of sports. In the last 3 games, the Spankees have scored a combined 1 UNEARNED run!!! Let that sink in. They face the Mets this week-end and will be facing Scherzer and DeGrom 😔

There are rumblings of a major shake-up in the roster, perhaps bringing up as many as 3-4 players from the minors.

Should have known the Yankees we're in trouble when the Reds 2 out of 3 at Yankee Stadium

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Are you being serious? The Yankees are 11-22 in their last 33 games. Not good, but they were 61-23 before that. That pace wasn't sustainable for an entire season. They probably aren't as good as their first 84 games but not as bad as their last 33. If they played at a .333 pace the rest of the way, they'd finish with 87 wins. More likely, they'll finish somewhere in the low to mid-90's. The Rays would have to play at a .750 pace to catch them, and that's just for the division. Zero chance all of the wild card teams pass them too. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Are you being serious? The Yankees are 11-22 in their last 33 games. Not good, but they were 61-23 before that. That pace wasn't sustainable for an entire season. They probably aren't as good as their first 84 games but not as bad as their last 33. If they played at a .333 pace the rest of the way, they'd finish with 87 wins. More likely, they'll finish somewhere in the low to mid-90's. The Rays would have to play at a .750 pace to catch them, and that's just for the division. Zero chance all of the wild card teams pass them too. 

You need to look up the '69 Cubs.

3 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I have been saying this on this board!  LOL  You finally started listening to me!

Still plenty of time to get the ship heading in the right direction.  Don't jump off the cliff yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Suarez and Winker both go yard.

At least Barrero got big walk off hit today.  I figured they would pinch hit for him but they gave him a chance and he responded.  Was upset with Bell in the 8th when the game was 0-0 and the Reds got the leadoff hitter got on.  I wanted him to put the sac but on but he didn't and the runner never moved off of first.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Saw where Joey Votto is out for the year with a torn rotator cuff. Will have surgery and will take 6 months to rehab. Thought something was up the other night because his swing looked way off. He was hitless in his last 22 at bats.

Votto’s apparently been dealing with this for 7 years. My guess is it flared up again a few weeks ago when he started slumping pretty bad. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Was it a 9 game lead they had in the middle of August?

Why do you insist on torturing me? Why? 😉

10 1/2 game lead on I believe August 16th

Edit: it was 9 games on August 16... My anguish blurs my memory 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, rico said:

Point being, the Yankee division lead is not safe.

No, but they're the Yankees... And we're the Cubs...

To be honest, even when Kris Bryant fielded the final out in the 2016 WS, and I saw his foot slide, I thought "that one's headed for the third row and it's a tie game."

It's a mentality I tell ya... 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rico said:

Point being, the Yankee division lead is not safe.

Agreed.

But last nights game was incredible! I stopped following when the Rays went up 4-0. Then this morning when I checked the score, to my surprise and amazement, I see the Yanks won 8-7 in 10 innings! looking in to the replays, our worst reliever, Aroldis Chapman came in the top of the 10th and gave up 3 runs, giving the Rays 7-4 lead....  Ugghh. But thanks to some heroics by Josh Donaldson the Yanks managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat winning 8-7 on a walk-off grand slam!!

Now the lead is back to 10 games and the Jays come to town

Stay tuned.....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rico said:

Was it a 9 game lead they had in the middle of August?

The Braves collapse in ‘11 was pretty epic too. Up 10.5 games with 32 to go and proceeded to go 9-18 down the stretch. Cardinals went 23-9 down the stretch after having only a 1.3% chance of making the playoffs after August 24th. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The Braves collapse in ‘11 was pretty epic too. Up 10.5 games with 32 to go and proceeded to go 9-18 down the stretch. Cardinals went 23-9 down the stretch after having only a 1.3% chance of making the playoffs after August 24th. 

I kinda enjoyed the Cardinals collapse in the 1985 World Series 

• Haha 1