2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The Reds starter tonight is not even close to being a major league pitcher.  He has started 2 games before tonight and has given up 12 runs in 8 innings. Tonight in 2.1 innings he has given up 3 runs and could have been a lot more

Finally took the pitcher out with 2 outs in the third with the score 4-1 and the bases loaded. 2.2 innings 7 hits 4 walks and a HBP.  The Phillies has loaded the bases in every inning.

Sad that the Reds don't have any major league ready players in AAA

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Finally took the pitcher out with 2 outs in the third with the score 4-1 and the bases loaded. 2.2 innings 7 hits 4 walks and a HBP.  The Phillies has loaded the bases in every inning.

Sad that the Reds don't have any major league ready players in AAA

I will say this pitcher Zuech is consistent since in all 3 starts he has given up 6 runs.

10.1 innings 18 runs

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Beyond annoying when the HP ump botches a checked swing third strike without asking for help from 1B ump. Awful call and then throws Arenado out after it. 

BS... That wasn't even close. He had a half swing and the umpire made the right call. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not even a little bit. And he should’ve asked down at first anyway. Awful call. 

You wanting to o u.ps wouldn't have helped on a check swing.  Also if they go to robo umps I will lose more interest in the game.  I am tired of everything having to be perfect and taking any kind of personality out of sports.  I loved the era where the managers and the u.ps would go face to face arguing

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He didn’t lol. The clip clearly shows he held up. That picture isn’t helpful because you can’t tell if he broke the plane at all. Have to look at the video. 

Brush up on your rules. "Breaking the plane" has nothing to do with it. It's whether, in the umpire's opinion, the batter "made an attempt at a pitch."  He clearly did. 

https://baseballrulesacademy.com/lesson/what-is-a-swing-5/#:~:text=A swing is an attempt,to attempt at a pitch. 

"WHAT IS A SWING?

Definition

A swing is an attempt at a pitch, that is not a bunt. That includes what is referred to as a “checked swing” or “half swing.” It is up to the judgment of the umpire(s) if the batter attempted at a pitched ball. Contrary to popular belief, a batter does not have to “break his wrist” in order to attempt at a pitch. While noting whether the swing carried the barrel of the bat past the body can aid an umpire on this call, the final decision is based on whether the batter actually attempted at the pitch." 

52 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Brush up on your rules. "Breaking the plane" has nothing to do with it. It's whether, in the umpire's opinion, the batter "made an attempt at a pitch."  He clearly did. 

https://baseballrulesacademy.com/lesson/what-is-a-swing-5/#:~:text=A swing is an attempt,to attempt at a pitch. 

"WHAT IS A SWING?

Definition

A swing is an attempt at a pitch, that is not a bunt. That includes what is referred to as a “checked swing” or “half swing.” It is up to the judgment of the umpire(s) if the batter attempted at a pitched ball. Contrary to popular belief, a batter does not have to “break his wrist” in order to attempt at a pitch. While noting whether the swing carried the barrel of the bat past the body can aid an umpire on this call, the final decision is based on whether the batter actually attempted at the pitch." 

Very familiar with the rules. Regardless, he should’ve asked for help from someone that had a much better view of the play. Then he smiles/smirks before tossing Arenado? Clown show. 

I haven't checked out this thread in awhile as my White Sox have disappointed this year. I am going to the game this Fri. My wife got 4 free club box tickets (comes with wait service) and a parking pass. Elvis night and fireworks. Should be a great time. Now if only they could get a few home runs and win the game!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

I haven't checked out this thread in awhile as my White Sox have disappointed this year. I am going to the game this Fri. My wife got 4 free club box tickets (comes with wait service) and a parking pass. Elvis night and fireworks. Should be a great time. Now if only they could get a few home runs and win the game!

Enjoy. That will be better than Disco Demolotion Night

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Fire LaRussa...

• Haha 2

On 8/24/2022 at 2:22 PM, 5fouls said:

Just saw Reds schedule for 2023.  They literally play every AL team.  To do so, they have significantly reduced games against divisional opponents.

People that come up with these ideas are stupid.

Why is it stupid? I'd rather see a variety of opponents than half the schedule being against the same 4 teams. 

Edited by TheWatShot
  • Like 1