2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

4 hours ago, rico said:

Every game on the MLB schedule is free today.

Could that be because of this?

"The Cincinnati Reds visited the Brooklyn Dodgers and split a double-header at Ebbets Field as Major League Baseball was broadcast on television for the first time on this day in history, August 26, 1939."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm thinking this is worthy of a hefty fine when your team is fighting to secure home field for the playoffs.

https://www.mlb.com/news/aroldis-chapman-leg-tattoo-infection-injured-list

One more in a multitude of reasons why I'd never have a tattoo...

Not that I see anything wrong if someone wants one, just not for me... 

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

One more in a multitude of reasons why I'd never have a tattoo...

Not that I see anything wrong if someone wants one, just not for me... 

Chapman has a 4-month offseason to get all the tattoos he wants.  Ridiculous that this was his late season priority.  

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 12:51 PM, rico said:

At the time, that didn't appear to be a bad trade for your Tigers.  Hell, you guys got an AS starting pitcher.  lol

Just out of curiosity (and because I honestly had forgotten their names), I looked up the three players the Tigers got for dealing Verlander to the Astros. One of them was released early last year. Another is currently out with an injury. The third one is in the minors and hit a robust .219 while he was with the team. 

Not long after doing this, I saw a graphic showing how similar Verlander's numbers are this season compared to his 2011 MVP season. 

Baseball is dumb sometimes. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Just out of curiosity (and because I honestly had forgotten their names), I looked up the three players the Tigers got for dealing Verlander to the Astros. One of them was released early last year. Another is currently out with an injury. The third one is in the minors and hit a robust .219 while he was with the team. 

Not long after doing this, I saw a graphic showing how similar Verlander's numbers are this season compared to his 2011 MVP season. 

Baseball is dumb sometimes. 

The Tigers have the same rebuilding formula as the Reds?

29 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The trivia thread does not get much attention so I am posing this question here since its baseball related.

Who is the only player in MLB history to have a multi home run game and those home runs be the teams only hits of the game?

Boegarts?