2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't understand that move one bit. Montgomery is consummate pro. Every 5th day, 7 innings and a good chance at win. No clue why the Yankees let him go in favor of the rookie.

Apparently Yadi started having him throw his 4-seamer way more often than he had been in NY. Seems to be paying dividends so far. 

• Like 1

Reds and Phillies game was strange last night. After 5 it was 0-0 and Ladollo had a no hitter for the Reds. Reds scored 3 in the top of the 6th and Ladollo could only get 1 out in the 6th and gave up 4 runs. Can't remember seeing a pitcher be do dominant and lost it that fast. Reds lost 7-6 with the Phillies scoring 2 in the bottom of the 9th for the Walk off

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Reds and Phillies game was strange last night. After 5 it was 0-0 and Ladollo had a no hitter for the Reds. Reds scored 3 in the top of the 6th and Ladollo could only get 1 out in the 6th and gave up 4 runs. Can't remember seeing a pitcher be do dominant and lost it that fast. Reds lost 7-6 with the Phillies scoring 2 in the bottom of the 9th for the Walk off

Reds should have kept Strickland in the closer role.  :coffee:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

During the Reds game they had a great stat on Steve Carlton season in 1972.  The Phillies won 58 games the whole season but Carlton was 27-10, started 41 games and pitched 341 innings, 1.91 era, 316 K's

Did they mention how Carlton ended up in Philly to begin with?  

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Just saw Reds schedule for 2023.  They literally play every AL team.  To do so, they have significantly reduced games against divisional opponents.

People that come up with these ideas are stupid.

Might as well do away with divisions?

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I like inter league play just for the chance to see more players and teams come through Cincy 

I always liked the mystique of 2 teams playing in the World Series that hadn't played each other. Made it more interesting. 

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Me too, but it ain't happening.

I know. And the DH is here forever... 

31 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I always liked the mystique of 2 teams playing in the World Series that hadn't played each other. Made it more interesting. 

I know. And the DH is here forever... 

30 years from now, they will probably have a DH for other positions as well.  

• Haha 1