2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Yankees lead is down to 7 and only 6 in the loss column 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/gametracker/recap/MLB_20220820_TOR@NYY/

The AL East-leading Yankees fell to 9-20 since entering the All-Star break with a 64-28 record. After holding a 15 1/2-game bulge on July 8, their margin over second-place Toronto is down to seven games.

Edited by rico

A few days ago, I posted how I may be witnessing a historic collapse of the Yankees. After todays loss to the Bluebirds, I'm convinced this team will NOT make the playoffs. The Yanks have now lost their 6th series, something that hasn't happened since 1995!! The 2004 AL Championship series still stays with me. In the postgame a visibly upset Aaron Boone slammed his fist against the table saying it has to stop NOW!! And our so-called ACE, Gerrit Cole, gave up 4 runs in the 5th inning. Cole is not the guy, he chokes in every big game. The Yanks also had 19 LOB.

IMO, I see them finishing in either 3rd or 4th place. If that happens, Cashman needs to go and call Theo!

55 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Goldschmidt MVP?

Yes! He's running away with it IMO. He's also silently making a case for the triple crown. He has the average lead by 20 points. He's 3 homers behind Schwarber and like 3 RBI behind Alonso for the triple crown. He definitely has a chance at it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Yes! He's running away with it IMO. He's also silently making a case for the triple crown. He has the average lead by 20 points. He's 3 homers behind Schwarber and like 3 RBI behind Alonso for the triple crown. He definitely has a chance at it.

I think I saw a stat that Goldy has like 50 less plate appearances than Alonso with RISP. Think how many RBI’s he’d have if the cardinals 1 and 2 hitters could actually get on base. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think I saw a stat that Goldy has like 50 less plate appearances than Alonso with RISP. Think how many RBI’s he’d have if the cardinals 1 and 2 hitters could actually get on base. 

Cardinals need a legit leadoff hitter, been a need for years. They're starting to hit their stride, I think. Look like they could be a dangerous team in October. Mets and Braves scare me the most. I think we could beat the Dodgers or Padres. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Maybe some of the others on here can chime in with some historical tandems but I can’t think of a better defensive 3B/1B duo than Arenado/Goldschmidt. They’re incredible. Another insane play tonight. 

Never really thought of it until you posed the question/observation.  I really can't think of any.  

10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Maybe some of the others on here can chime in with some historical tandems but I can’t think of a better defensive 3B/1B duo than Arenado/Goldschmidt. They’re incredible. Another insane play tonight. 

Mike Moustakas and Joey Votto.  :coffee:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Since June 17th. Cubs are 2 games over .500 and Yankees are 6 games below .500....I get why Aaron Boone is beyond ticked.

Plenty of time to right the ship but man that lineup is struggling right now. And my Cubs? Least they haven't mailed it in. I'll give them that.

Cubs are 11-4 in their last 15 games, albeit against some of the weak sisters in the NL and the struggling Brewers...

We've got a ways to go to start beating the big boys... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rico said:

I got a feeling the Cubs might catch the Brew Crew.

I don't know...

Here's our upcoming schedule...

Screenshot_20220821-095125.thumb.png.8a3564f00f3fd4e213a43791168a4842.png

Granted, the Cubs have chances with the Brewers head to head, but the birdfest is gonna cause an issue... 

Edited by IUFLA

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I do too...

I have a great distain for the city of Milwaukee as a whole... 

It appears that the Brewers have allocated all their resources to maintaining the pitching staff while neglecting the offense.  The last time I looked their team BA was worse than the Reds.  I dunno, it just seems they are built weird?

1 minute ago, rico said:

It appears that the Brewers have allocated all their resources to maintaining the pitching staff while neglecting the offense.  The last time I looked their team BA was worse than the Reds.  I dunno, it just seems they are built weird?

I'm a big "good pitching beats good hitting" guy, but there does have to be some balance. Only one guy with over 100 ABs over .260? 

Yelich is a far cry from what he was when he came over from the Marlins... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm a big "good pitching beats good hitting" guy, but there does have to be some balance. Only one guy with over 100 ABs over .260? 

Yelich is a far cry from what he was when he came over from the Marlins... 

This is probably where the metrics are in the Brewers favor.  They are 4th in MLB in HRs.  Basically their power makes up for the low avg.  High OPS