2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Reds take a big series over the weekend against the Nationals.  :coffee:

Reds have been awesome on Fanduel lately. Definitely some cheap bats...but been stacking them on the cheap. Almost like the Rangers/Blue Jays earlier in season. 

Reds, Orioles, Arizona all have cheap bats that score. Add some pitching and they might have something for the real part of baseball next year.

• Like 1

Not a good first start for newly signed Chase Anderson of the Reds. Got the first 4 batters out and then gave up 5 straight hits and they took him out. All together the Cardinals got 7 straight hits and scored 6 runs. Funny think is that Goldschmidt and Arenado made 4 of the 6 outs so far.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Not a good first start for newly signed Chase Anderson of the Reds. Got the first 4 batters out and then gave up 5 straight hits and they took him out. All together the Cardinals got 7 straight hits and scored 6 runs. Funny think is that Goldschmidt and Arenado made 4 of the 6 outs so far.

Was at the game in person and got to see Albert hit 694. Were maybe 3-4K fans there after the rain delay to start the game. 

Albert Pujols broke the tainted MLB record tonight, hitting a home run against 450 different pitchers.  That's just an astounding number.  Dude is 42 years old and still cranking them out.  Drafted by St. Louis in the last century in the 13th round, he's just about to catch A-Rod and may yet join the 700-club with Ruth & Aaron.

...and most importantly, never tainted by the 'roids era, which is probably why his body hasn't given out prematurely like all the other juicers.  You don't have to be a St. Louis fan to respect the heck out of all that he's accomplished.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Albert Pujols broke the tainted MLB record tonight, hitting a home run against 450 different pitchers.  That's just an astounding number.  Dude is 42 years old and still cranking them out.  Drafted by St. Louis in the last century in the 13th round, he's just about to catch A-Rod and may yet join the 700-club with Ruth & Aaron.

...and most importantly, never tainted by the 'roids era, which is probably why his body hasn't given out prematurely like all the other juicers.  You don't have to be a St. Louis fan to respect the heck out of all that he's accomplished.

Pretty special what he’s doing this year. 

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Depends how many AB’s he gets. I hope so. 

Depends on how many ABs he gets against left handed pitching. 

Against righties 

.194 4 HR in 148 plate appearances

Against lefties

.387 11 HRs in 109 plate appearances 

Righties outnumber lefties in MLB 3 to 1...

He has about 128 plate appearances left if he plays every game...

About 32 of those would be against lefties if the averages are considered...

Averages say he'll hit 3 HRs against lefties and 2 versus righties... 

It'll be close... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2022 at 11:57 PM, FKIM01 said:

A lot of people think he's older than 42.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

A lot of people think he's older than 42.

Yeah, I remember that.  At some point, I suspect he'll put that to rest.  It's absolutely irrelevant today, beyond being amazed that he's still playing, but I'm sure it mattered when he was young and trying to raise his stock.  Thinking back, seems it was pretty common back then for players from the islands and South America to pretend to be younger than they were.

• Like 1

I'd like to take this moment in time to pat myself and another hundred or so Cubs fans on the back in making Pujols transition from LF to 1B. It was Labor Day Weekend in 2003. Tons of rain had pushed the Cubs/Cardinals games back past LD but a DH on Tuesday as well. 

First game Pujols dropped or made an errant throw from LF...basically a mistake filled game for him on defense. We started the mocking cheer of MVP, MVP because he was so bad in LF....of course we wanted Sammy to get MVP. Crowd picked it up and the rest is history. 

Sammy hit a walk off in the 15th. Felt like we spent a month at Wrigley that Labor Day Weekend. Enjoy your holiday gang!

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd like to take this moment in time to pat myself and another hundred or so Cubs fans on the back in making Pujols transition from LF to 1B. It was Labor Day Weekend in 2003. Tons of rain had pushed the Cubs/Cardinals games back past LD but a DH on Tuesday as well. 

First game Pujols dropped or made an errant throw from LF...basically a mistake filled game for him on defense. We started the mocking cheer of MVP, MVP because he was so bad in LF....of course we wanted Sammy to get MVP. Crowd picked it up and the rest is history. 

Sammy hit a walk off in the 15th. Felt like we spent a month at Wrigley that Labor Day Weekend. Enjoy your holiday gang!

He was brutal at 3rd base as well...

Not Dick "66” Stewart bad, but his glove definitely had a clank to it at 3rd and in the outfield... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Interesting career.

He did...

He was a bit of a flake too... From my favorite baseball book "Ball Four"

"It was Dick Stuart-story day today, and this one was about the time Johnny Pesky was managing the Red Sox and Stuart was playing for him and showing up late for a lot of things. For some reason this upset Pesky, so he called a meeting to talk about MORALE. Stuart was late for it. In fact he didn't show up until about half an hour before the game (three is considered about right) and he walked right into the middle of the meeting.

All eyes were on him as he opened the door to the clubhouse and, without missing a beat, opened his double-breasted jacket, paraded to the center of the room with his hips swinging, did a pirouette and said, "And here he is nattily attired in a black suede jacket by Stanley Blacker, with blue velvetine pants and shoes by Florsheim. The handkerchief is by Christian Dior."

Everybody went nuts. Even Pesky had to laugh."

37 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He did...

He was a bit of a flake too... From my favorite baseball book "Ball Four"

"It was Dick Stuart-story day today, and this one was about the time Johnny Pesky was managing the Red Sox and Stuart was playing for him and showing up late for a lot of things. For some reason this upset Pesky, so he called a meeting to talk about MORALE. Stuart was late for it. In fact he didn't show up until about half an hour before the game (three is considered about right) and he walked right into the middle of the meeting.

All eyes were on him as he opened the door to the clubhouse and, without missing a beat, opened his double-breasted jacket, paraded to the center of the room with his hips swinging, did a pirouette and said, "And here he is nattily attired in a black suede jacket by Stanley Blacker, with blue velvetine pants and shoes by Florsheim. The handkerchief is by Christian Dior."

Everybody went nuts. Even Pesky had to laugh."

I did not know this...

Stuart was in the on deck circle as a pinch hitter when Bill Mazeroski hit the ninth-inning home run off Ralph Terry that won the World Series.[10]

• Like 2