2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Reds pitching is horrible

So far this is the stat line for the pitchers

7IP 8 runs, 8 hits, 11 walks, 1HBP, 7 pitchers used

Reds were up 3-1 after 3 but the bullpen can't throw strikes. Bullpen had walked 7 in 2.2 innings.

Some Cubs pitcher making his MLB debut has pitched 4 innings in relief and hasn't given up a bit.

6 hours ago, Maedhros said:

I love the smell of first place in the morning. Smells like... victory.

Y'know, from the night before. A back-and-forth slugfest over the A's. After the Mets lost their third in a row to the dregs of the NL. And now a 10.5 game lead in June has been completely erased.

The ATL getting hot at the right time?....again?

Judge hits #55 on the same date that McGwire bogusly tied Roger Maris's 61...

I wish they'd just set the record back to 61 and purge McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, A-Roid, Clemens, and Palmeiro from the record books...

Sad thing is, Bonds, Clemens and A-Roid didn't have to do it to be in the HoF... They were shoo-ins... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I wish they'd just set the record back to 61 and purge McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, A-Roid, Clemens, and Palmeiro from the record books...

Sad thing is, Bonds, Clemens and A-Roid didn't have to do it to be in the HoF... They were shoo-ins... 

The Cubbies gonna make a run at Judge?

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

As a Cardinal fan, I loved watching McGuire and Sosa's epic battle.  It was a huge disappointment to later come to the conclusion that all those guys were juicing.  I will say that at least McGuire was man enough to later apologize.  That makes the rest of these oversized buffoons look even worse.  Not a damned one of them deserve to be inducted and I agree that they should all be scrubbed from the record books.  Pete Rose looks like a choir boy next to these cheaters.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

As a Cardinal fan, I loved watching McGuire and Sosa's epic battle.  It was a huge disappointment to later come to the conclusion that all those guys were juicing.  I will say that at least McGuire was man enough to later apologize.  That makes the rest of these oversized buffoons look even worse.  Not a damned one of them deserve to be inducted and I agree that they should all be scrubbed from the record books.  Pete Rose looks like a choir boy next to these cheaters.

Pete Rose will never, ever look like a choir boy.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rico said:

Pete Rose will never, ever look like a choir boy.

Yeah, he's no saint but betting on baseball, especially if he was only betting on teams he wasn't coaching/playing for (I don't remember what was ultimately concluded there) seems a mild transgression compared to usings PEDs for a competitive advantage.  Beyond that, the things I've learned since his career came to an end make him look like not a very high quality human being.

...I just have no use for all the players that juiced and basked in their big number glory.  They should all ask for their numbers to be removed from the record books.  Fat chance of seeing that arrogant jerk Bonds ever make that kind of a request.  Not only was he a cheater, he wasn't even a likeable cheater.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

MLB Rules committee meeting to vote today.  Among the items up for vote are a pitch clock and banning the shift.  I, for one, hope both of those pass.  

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34551389/major-league-baseball-competition-committee-vote-rules-changes-friday-eye-quickening-pace-play-sources-say

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/mlb/2021/3/15/22331075/pitching-mound-move-distance

2 hours ago, rico said:

I would be open to moving the mound back, but not if it substantially increased home runs.  That would be my fear.  If the batters get an extra foot, are middle infielders going to start averaging 45 home runs?  Combine it with moving fences back, deaden the ball a little, and raise fence height and it might work.  Players running around the bases is significantly more exciting than players trotting around the bases.    

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I would be open to moving the mound back, but not if it substantially increased home runs.  That would be my fear.  If the batters get an extra foot, are middle infielders going to start averaging 45 home runs?  Combine it with moving fences back, deaden the ball a little, and raise fence height and it might work.  Players running around the bases is significantly more exciting than players trotting around the bases.    

Higher fences?  You want to take away those thrilling HR robbing catches?  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I have heard people say that if you move the mound back you risk even more arm injuries for pitchers