2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Spencer Steer one of the players they got in the Mahle trade made his MLB debut last night.  He went 2-2, 2BB, hr and scored the winning run in the 9th. Also another Red made their MLB debut last night but he was 42 years old. Cruz us a reliever and pitched a scoreless inning.

I think Cruz is 32, not 42.  I knew he had a long and winding path to reach the bigs last night, But 42 does not seem right.  

Edited by 5fouls

33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I truly do not understand how there can be that big of a discrepancy in playoff odds between 2 teams with a game and a half separation in the standings.

image.png.fb6375aaa0a9011aa86864805007bf33.png

CBS has the O's with a 17.9% of making the post season.  They predict Baltimore with 83.8 wins while they have Toronto with 89.6.  Fwiw, CBS has Seattle as the top Wild Card.

I'm going to save Scott from having to post this. Lodolo (great little value pitcher) goes 6 innings, 2 hit, 101 pitch ball....have him across the board in Fanduel today. He leaves game and bullpen gives up a run and now has bases loaded with zero outs.

If anyone knows anything about Fanduel the difference between 1st and 200th is typically a few points.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm going to save Scott from having to post this. Lodolo (great little value pitcher) goes 6 innings, 2 hit, 101 pitch ball....have him across the board in Fanduel today. He leaves game and bullpen gives up a run and now has bases loaded with zero outs.

If anyone knows anything about Fanduel the difference between 1st and 200th is typically a few points.

Bullpen gave up 8 runs but didn't watch it.  Had my kids and grandkids down for my birthday 

• Like 3

I just think worrying about pitch counts  is just idiotic because babbying  pitchers is not decreasing injuries. I know things are different but you see the all time great guys of the past a lot of them pitched for a lot of years and a lot of innings.  It is that pitchers are not conditioned to put h a lot of innings in the minors and that it is about throwing as hard as you can for as long as you can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I just think worrying about pitch counts  is just idiotic because babbying  pitchers is not decreasing injuries. I know things are different but you see the all time great guys of the past a lot of them pitched for a lot of years and a lot of innings.  It is that pitchers are not conditioned to put h a lot of innings in the minors and that it is about throwing as hard as you can for as long as you can.

It's only a matter of time before all teams go to a 6-man rotation...and they will still be under pitch counts.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, rico said:

It's only a matter of time before all teams go to a 6-man rotation...and they will still be under pitch counts.  lol

Like the other day when I posted about Carlton's 1972 season where he made 42 starts and 340 innings that it effected him so much he could only pitch 15 more seasons.

The other day Strider for the Braves tied the Braves record for for strikeouts in a 9 inning game at 16.  The overall record is 19 but that happen when Warren Spahn pitched 15 innings in one game.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Like the other day when I posted about Carlton's 1972 season where he made 42 starts and 340 innings that it effected him so much he could only pitch 15 more seasons.

The other day Strider for the Braves tied the Braves record for for strikeouts in a 9 inning game at 16.  The overall record is 19 but that happen when Warren Spahn pitched 15 innings in one game.

Speaking of Strider, that dude is a stud.

• Like 2

Many Cub fans know that Ian Happ OWNS the Reds.  He murders the Reds pitching (I mean, who doesn't).  So Happ hits a homerun during the second inning tonight.  Out of curiosity, I check his stats for his career.  He came up in 2017 and since then he's hit 103 homeruns.  How many against the Reds?....26.   F-ing ridiculous.   LOL.     😂