Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Just watched FSU air ball an open jumper by 5 feet…they are a legit 1-7 team lol. I think Purdue picked the perfect night to play their worst game. No matter how tired their legs they look pretty bad too.

Teams with bigger guards have to punish Purdue if they try to play Loyer and Smith at the same time. If you can lure Edey away from the basket it should be a layup drill.

I think Purdue will have problems with long, athletic teams that guard...

I thought Hamilton having his guards pressure Smith and Loyer was a nice move... 

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think Purdue will have problems with long, athletic teams that guard...

I thought Hamilton having his guards pressure Smith and Loyer was a nice move... 

well I’ve only seen that on a handful of possessions. It’s been terrible honestly. smith will pick you apart if you give him an open look like this. We won’t give him that kind of space to see the floor. Johnson will be in his pocket all night. Not saying he won’t make some plays but he won’t be allowed to sit back like Tom Brady and pick a defense apart.

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Braeden Smith just took this game over. Hate it, but that kid is fun to watch. 

Watched him all in high school years. Good player, heady player...but we'll see what he does vs longer/athletic guys. 

PS..for those in the wish we had one of those guys crowd. Cupps is every bit of Braden just taller, longer, and better shot.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 4

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Watched him all in high school years. Good player, heady player...but we'll see what he does vs longer/athletic guys. 

PS..for those in the wish we had one of those guys crowd. Kupps is every bit of Braden just taller, longer, and better shot.

Agree. I think our size, length and athleticism on the perimeter will give him problems. 

With that said, he is a smart, fun player to watch. He just picked apart FSU's defense on three straight possessions. 

Really excited for Cupps!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

PS..for those in the wish we had one of those guys crowd. Kupps is every bit of Braden just taller, longer, and better shot.

Yeah I don’t think you are going to force him into turnovers but you eliminate letting him see the floor and make those uncontested passes. Thing is about B1G is everyone plays physical on ball defense. Tonight will seem like a picnic compared to what he will see in the B1G.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Just watched FSU air ball an open jumper by 5 feet…they are a legit 1-7 team lol. I think Purdue picked the perfect night to play their worst game. No matter how tired their legs they look pretty bad too.

Teams with bigger guards have to punish Purdue if they try to play Loyer and Smith at the same time. If you can lure Edey away from the basket it should be a layup drill.

Not surprised we looked lethargic after all the recent games and traveling across the country. I think the flight from Indy/WL to Florida was delayed quite a bit too. 

• Like 1