2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

There are o QB's hat will be available where the Colts pick that would be worth picking int he first round.  The reason some teams stay bad is by picking for need over the best player available.  The Colts probably will pick around 15th and you don't just take the best QB if that player does not a have a 1st round grade.  this team needs a big time receiver who can get open and make plays.

I can't argue against any of that...but when you score 35 points and lose ya just better be taking a close look at that defense.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

I don't know how many of you watched yesterday but the Pats got screwed by the refs at home.  All I could do was laugh.

There seemed 2-3 really, really bad ones. I'm sure most won't have long funerals for them or their fans but the scary part is that it seems officiating is getting worse. Didn't think that was possible.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There seemed 2-3 really, really bad ones. I'm sure most won't have long funerals for them or their fans but the scary part is that it seems officiating is getting worse. Didn't think that was possible.

I laughed...but yeah that is scary.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like Adam Ventari's career might be over because he is having season ending knee surgery.  I hate to see his career end this way and he is at 599 FG's made and would have been good to get #600

It is what it is...

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

If I were hiring a GM in the coming years the first thing I would look at is what the GM said about Lamar Jackson never being a starting QB. Can't believe how an entire league missed on this kid.

Happens all the time in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Happens all the time in the NFL.

Understand. I mean George Kittle was drafted in the 5th round and tons of other mistakes but this one is pretty glaring. No clue where Lamar will be in 2-3 years. Historically if a QB holds onto the ball longer he will get eventually get hurt. Right now I guess we just sit back and enjoy the ride. I know we still have Brady....but AFC will be stacked for years to come with Jackson, Mahomes, Watson...

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand. I mean George Kittle was drafted in the 5th round and tons of other mistakes but this one is pretty glaring. No clue where Lamar will be in 2-3 years. Historically if a QB holds onto the ball longer he will get eventually get hurt. Right now I guess we just sit back and enjoy the ride. I know we still have Brady....but AFC will be stacked for years to come with Jackson, Mahomes, Watson...

How many teams passed on Joe Montana?  LOL

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Marino fell in the draft for a reason...but he still went in the 1st to a team that didn't need a starting QB.

But that reason came out to not be true and it hard to believe he was the 5th QB picked in that draft.  I always think that if Elway had decided to sign with Baltimore that Indy might have never gotten a NFL team.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

But that reason came out to not be true and it hard to believe he was the 5th QB picked in that draft.  I always think that if Elway had decided to sign with Baltimore that Indy might have never gotten a NFL team.

Montana was a 3rd rounder.  People can say Brady all they want, but Tom never really had a chance in college.  Joe was a proven winner at ND.My whole point was that NFL "execs" screw up all the time with their "projections."  Had nothing to do with Elway or the Colts.

15 minutes ago, rico said:

Montana was a 3rd rounder.  People can say Brady all they want, but Tom never really had a chance in college.  Joe was a proven winner at ND.My whole point was that NFL "execs" screw up all the time with their "projections."  Had nothing to do with Elway or the Colts.

I know that but just stating about the 83 draft

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I know he split time with Drew Henson for half of his junior year, but I thought he started every game after that through his senior year...

No he got benched for Henson his Sr. year.  Tom's one full year as a starter was as a Jr.  As a frosh he was behind Dreisbach(sp?) and Griese.  As a soph, Griese.  Enter Henson, the saviour.  Tom just was not appreciated at Michigan.

Archived