What will it take for IU to make the Top 25

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

We may be better next year but i doubt top 25.

How do you figure?  Unless TJD comes back we will be worse. The recruits we have coming in won’t be making an immediate impact. Good 4 year players to add to the roster, and I like them but none of them really address the need for outside shooting and point guard play. 

8 minutes ago, IUfan93 said:

How do you figure?  Unless TJD comes back we will be worse. The recruits we have coming in won’t be making an immediate impact. Good 4 year players to add to the roster, and I like them but none of them really address the need for outside shooting and point guard play. 

Solely based on tjd coming back but I also have us going 7-13 in conference this year. So being better does not mean top 5 in conference. I'm thinking more like 10-10  and ncaa bubble.

2 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

Solely based on tjd coming back but I also have us going 7-13 in conference this year. So being better does not mean top 5 in conference. I'm thinking more like 10-10  and ncaa bubble.

I hope you are right but without any outside shooting coming in and/or another point guard the only way I see 10-10 next season is if the teams ahead of us get worse. I’m also a 7-13 pick this year, and I’m thinking more of the same next season. I’d love nothing more than to be proven wrong though...

24 minutes ago, IUfan93 said:

I hope you are right but without any outside shooting coming in and/or another point guard the only way I see 10-10 next season is if the teams ahead of us get worse. I’m also a 7-13 pick this year, and I’m thinking more of the same next season. I’d love nothing more than to be proven wrong though...

Your probably right. I had low expectations for this season so I'm not that shocked by yesterday. But yes to win these days you need shooters period. Archie may be getting recruits from Indiana but who cares if he can't get us into the ncaa. Our one supposed three point shooter Anderson has been terrible from three for over a year now.

• 2 weeks later...

I expect us to be better next year if Trayce comes back. We only lose Devonte and that can almost be seen as addition through subtraction sometimes. Davis gives us a couple mins but honestly Race can give us more. I see Jerome, Armaan, and Rob all growing a lot for us...maybe even Damezi too. Not sure Al or Justin will improve much but they are certainly helpful...and Brunk will continue to anchor us inside. I think we will be better!

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks.  IU with 50 votes.  Purdue and Rutgers (ughh) with a combined 18 votes. 

I know IU has a long way to go to get respect back but being 13-3 having no bad losses and beating FSU and OSU and barely sniffing top 25.  And Pu recieving votes? Give me a break. Ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I know IU has a long way to go to get respect back but being 13-3 having no bad losses and beating FSU and OSU and barely sniffing top 25.  And Pu recieving votes? Give me a break. Ridiculous.

If we had blown out NW and Nebraska and played Wisky and MD much closer as we should have we’d be easily in IMO.  It’s not our record.  We still just don’t pass the eye test.

11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

If we had blown out NW and Nebraska and played Wisky and MD much closer as we should have we’d be easily in IMO.  It’s not our record.  We still just don’t pass the eye test.

I agree but that will change if we split the two upcoming  road games and then beat MSU.

27 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

I agree but that will change if we split the two upcoming  road games and then beat MSU.

I don’t think we can lose to Nebraska and be ranked the next week, even if we beat a Rutgers and MSU. Nebraska is bad. Lose to Rutgers, then beat Nebraska and MSU we’re probably in.

11 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I don’t think we can lose to Nebraska and be ranked the next week, even if we beat a Rutgers and MSU. Nebraska is bad. Lose to Rutgers, then beat Nebraska and MSU we’re probably in.

Who knows...but road teams are 5-32 in the BT so I think a road win and then beating MSU will get us in.

Nebraska is looking better and have beaten Purdue and Iowa at home. If we get smoked by Nebraska, maybe not, but if it is close and we beat Rutgers and MSU I think that will do it.

That being said....it also depends on how the 20-25 teams do. 

4 hours ago, Vincent14 said:

Dare I bring this thread back?  We recieved 50 votes which would equate to 29th.

https://apnews.com/APTop25CollegeBasketballPoll

I think wins at Rutgers and Nebraska will definitely do it.

How will wins over Rutgers & Neb get us in the top 25 when wins over FSU & OSU did nothing?  I think wins @ Rutgers & Nebraska followed by a win over the overrated MSU will finally get us ranked but a loss to any will set us back!

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yes, you get it!!  2 home games down to the wire to inferior opponents & 2 road games resulting in blowouts = a committee that’s nonbelievers regardless of the FSU or OSU upsets!  Fact is we must show some sort of consistency regardless of opponent to gain the respect we all want!  Starts with road wins vs Rutgers & Neb followed by a home win vs a struggling MSU to gain the respect!  Win the next 3 & we will be ranked!

3 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Yes, you get it!!  2 home games down to the wire to inferior opponents & 2 road games resulting in blowouts = a committee that’s nonbelievers regardless of the FSU or OSU upsets!  Fact is we must show some sort of consistency regardless of opponent to gain the respect we all want!  Starts with road wins vs Rutgers & Neb followed by a home win vs a struggling MSU to gain the respect!  Win the next 3 & we will be ranked!

I understand what you're saying, but in subjective polls I think there are sportswriters who are old enough to still have the words, "that profession you've chosen that's one or two steps above prostitution" ringing in their heads...

Archived