Finally. Prime Time For The IU vs PU Pre-Game Thread

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

To be honest, most college basketball these days is ugly.  

Agreed. Maryland scored 20 points at home last night in the first half, and didn't score for almost 10 minutes in a game they ended up winning. Noticing more and more of this across the board.

I looked at the games IU has left on it’s schedule. Only Penn St an Iowa at this time are higher then IU in the Big Ten Standings. If I was the coach I would pound on that fact. If you get your heads out of your butts, bring back the toughness, run the offense right. Bring the energy for 40 mins every game you could have an amazing finish to this season. Accomplish many of your goals. It’s right there in front of you. 
We have got to get better play from Durham an Green when they are in the game. Brunk needs to get back to where he was 4 games ago. I just feel if those three players step up , the rest of the team will follow. After all they are the upperclassmen!!! They need to act like it. Devonte hasn’t played in a NCAA tournament game . You would think this would be enough motivation for him to step up his game and bring good Devonte out! 

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

ESPN currently giving PU a 50.4% chance of winning.  We aren’t being respected.

They're a 4 point favorite at home against Iowa tonight, and they were 6 point favorites against Illinois. Vegas and the media have been generous to them all year. They were still getting votes in the AP poll last week. 

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I am far far far from knowing what Bloomington and the college students think.  Do IU students still care about a Rivalry with Purdue?

I would think that at least the ones from Indiana would.  Also how the students treated Harms last year I think they do know about the rivalry.

17 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

They're a 4 point favorite at home against Iowa tonight, and they were 6 point favorites against Illinois. Vegas and the media have been generous to them all year. They were still getting votes in the AP poll last week. 

I don't know what to make of this game tonight...Iowa has won 6 of 7, but are 1-3 (beat Northwestern in Evanston, but lost to Nebraska in Lincoln) on the road in the B10...

I don't think Williams can handle Garza, but if Fredrick and Wieskamp don't show up, the Boilers could make a game if it...

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know what to make of this game tonight...Iowa has won 6 of 7, but are 1-3 (beat Northwestern in Evanston, but lost to Nebraska in Lincoln) on the road in the B10...

I don't think Williams can handle Garza, but if Fredrick and Wieskamp don't show up, the Boilers could make a game if it...

Go Iowa

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Wisconsin and Illinois are above us in the standings too...

I’ve seen Illinois play.  They are really impressive.  They are very well constructed which is a credit to their coach.  They’ve been irrelevant for so long it’s hard to adjust mentally to them being good.  

To win some of these, as much as he drives us nuts, we will need a wild card like Devonte going berserk for 25 plus points.  

53 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’ve seen Illinois play.  They are really impressive.  They are very well constructed which is a credit to their coach.  They’ve been irrelevant for so long it’s hard to adjust mentally to them being good.  

To win some of these, as much as he drives us nuts, we will need a wild card like Devonte going berserk for 25 plus points.  

No, we really don't. Would it make it easier? Sure. But, we beat Michigan State with balanced production, and Devonte pretty much did nothing. 

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Aside from the Illinois game, we’ve held serve at home for the most part. I don’t agree with the 50% chance of winning at Assembly Hall though. Too high. 

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Garza will be doubled a lot tonight. Going to have to make guys like McCaffery beat us from 3. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Garza will be doubled a lot tonight. Going to have to make guys like McCaffery beat us from 3. 

Really looking forward to the game tonight. It will be interesting. Primarily from a viewpoint as to what Coach Miller can gather to get ready for you guys.

Archived