Coronavirus

Reacher

Taking my son to get tested tomorrow.  He's showing many of the classic symptoms   So, far, no one else in the house has symptoms and we have sequestered him upstairs by himself.  Daughter has moved from upstairs and will sleep in the basement guest room to stay as far away from him as possible (which she tries to do all the time anyway).  He's normally not a complainer when he's sick, but this one has knocked him down harder than usual.  A lot of it may be mental stress because it's possibly Covid and not simply Strep or the flu like he grew up with and knows. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Taking my son to get tested tomorrow.  He's showing many of the classic symptoms   So, far, no one else in the house has symptoms and we have sequestered him upstairs by himself.  Daughter has moved from upstairs and will sleep in the basement guest room to stay as far away from him as possible (which she tries to do all the time anyway).  He's normally not a complainer when he's sick, but this one has knocked him down harder than usual.  A lot of it may be mental stress because it's possibly Covid and not simply Strep or the flu like he grew up with and knows. 

My prayers will be with your family

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I hope he’s not sick enough to let you take the reins of his fantasy football team because we know that will be a bad idea. 😎

Hope he feels better quickly. Stay safe and sorry to hear this. 

59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have probably applied for over 150 jobs and had 6 interviews.  One I thought I had a good chance at has decided not to hire another person due to peak in the virus

I wish you the best and I'm praying for the best for all of us. This too shall pass and god gives us what we need. It's been true for me at least.  

Have hope and keep the faith.  

@5fouls

This goes for your family too. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I hope he’s not sick enough to let you take the reins of his fantasy football team because we know that will be a bad idea. 😎

Hope he feels better quickly. Stay safe and sorry to hear this. 

Hey.  With the big win this week, we are now 1-9.  LOL.

But, as is my right as his father.  I blame him for not mentioning the draft until 45 minutes before it began (with honorary blame assigned to Michael Thomas for sucking as a 1st round pick).  Last year we spent hours planning in advance and won the regular season.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I wish you the best and I'm praying for the best for all of us. This too shall pass and god gives us what we need. It's been true for me at least.  

Have hope and keep the faith.  

@5fouls

This goes for your family too. 

Like I said in another thread I am not sweating things I can't control and will have a positive outlook.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jefftheref said:

My wife who is a healthcare worker tested positive this morning. I was tested Saturday after having symptoms for a few days. Should get results today or tomorrow.

My symptoms seem to be flu like. We are now quarantined for a couple weeks. Thanksgiving is down the drain. 

Update: I also tested positive. I believe I was exposed last week by my niece when we were in our way to see my brother before he passed. She tested positive a couple days after we got home.

May GOD send his blessings down to the both of you. As well as your niece.

4 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Well damn, this is the last thing you want to see on this thread. Jeff, I hope you and your wife recover quickly. And also my salute to her as a health care worker. 

Also, want to acknowledge a couple of recent posts. First @IUFLA, totally respect your posts and think of you as a friend also. We can disagree and still get along. Also want to mention that @mrflynn03 and I are as far away as possible on the political spectrum, but I think he and I both let our emotions get the best of us on this thread sometimes. 

We can still be friends though right?  We might not agree on alot of things but can get along.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Thoughts out to you and your son and family Fouls. The good news if it is Covid is that there’s a lot of experience with it now, you’re moving quickly to get him tested, he’s young and healthy, you guys will get through it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Prayers for your son and your family.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Positive thoughts and prayers for you, your family, and your son...Hoping for good news...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

We can still be friends though right?  We might not agree on alot of things but can get along.  

Ha, yes. Sorry, that was my intention, but realize it wasn’t stated. Friends for sure.

And your comments about anger issues really resonates with me. I shouldn’t be as angry as I am lately, but it’s definitely a thing. My wife and I have not been personally impacted by this, but my level of anxiety and anger is definitely up there. 

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Prayers for your family my friend.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Ha, yes. Sorry, that was my intention, but realize it wasn’t stated. Friends for sure.

And your comments about anger issues really resonates with me. I shouldn’t be as angry as I am lately, but it’s definitely a thing. My wife and I have not been personally impacted by this, but my level of anxiety and anger is definitely up there. 

You know, that's the thing...It really hasn't impacted my life severely, but I still feel uptight and anxious at times...I can work from home until the day I retire, but it's not like I don't feel empathy for @IU Scott and @mrflynn03 who're dealing with peripheral issues from this disease , along with those like @jefftheref and @5fouls who are battling the disease itself. It just absolutely sucks...

This community is cathartic for me, and I'm sure a lot of you as well. That @Colonialcrester was able to forge such a community on an internet that can sometimes be a "wild west" with tough guys and trolls all over the place, is another testament to the man...

And a hat's off to the Mod Team as well....

• Like 6

I have been pretty fortunate too. I think the anxiety, at least for me, comes from the repercussions of getting infected because that is the first domino to fall. I'm lucky that i get to work from home, so i can crawl to my computer in a pinch if sick. But if my wife is exposed or infected she can't go to work and she has very few PTO hours left because she had to quarantine in the Spring. For my second and more fun job, I'm a coach and if something happens to us or any kid on the team we have to shut down practice. (we are just getting back from a 2 week shut down due to carelessness)  And then you bring my kids into it with their schooling, which is whole other animal. Mix all this in with the negative tests required to get back to life/work/school when the lines for tests are starting to get hours long and results are taking a full week (if not more) to get back. 

Weirdly I feel a little guilty about this anxiety because I recognize that other people's situations are much worse. Especially the ones that get really sick. Here I am worried sick days and a minor financial hit when you have people like @IU Scott who got sick, has lingering effects (is that still correct?) AND the got laid off. Props to him for trying to remain positive through it all. 

Weird times. Once we get through it all I'm looking forward to this century's version of the Roaring 20s. *fingers crossed* Then maybe we can have an HSN party in a nice confined space where we don't have to worry about distancing, perhaps in the birth canal at Killroys, which I heard is now gone but we can still pretend it's there. Or just go to Upstairs, which I always just called the 'longer birth canal'. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

You know, that's the thing...It really hasn't impacted my life severely, but I still feel uptight and anxious at times...I can work from home until the day I retire, but it's not like I don't feel empathy for @IU Scott and @mrflynn03 who're dealing with peripheral issues from this disease , along with those like @jefftheref and @5fouls who are battling the disease itself. It just absolutely sucks...

This community is cathartic for me, and I'm sure a lot of you as well. That @Colonialcrester was able to forge such a community on an internet that can sometimes be a "wild west" with tough guys and trolls all over the place, is another testament to the man...

And a hat's off to the Mod Team as well....

Yes, it’s a testament to @Colonialcrester and the mods that we have a place where we can successfully blow off steam and disagree without trolling or attacking each other. 

And I think it’s totally natural for us all to feel anxiety over things. This has been a CRAZY year. 

16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Hope all is well with your son and your family. Same with @jefftherefand anyone else who is dealing with all of this on a personal level.

People on here have been talking about anxiety and stress...and I have been dealing with all of that these past months. I often think of @Billingsley99 and his son as well and hope he is safe. Our 6 year old had surgery at Peyton Manning last month and it has me freaked out beyond comprehension that he could get COVID on top of other stuff he has had to deal with the past year or so. I realize that kids have been less affected than adults with all of this, but it scares the sh@# out  of me that it could potentially put my kids in danger. I'm personally tired of all the political BS...ALL of our elected politicians need to be working diligently to try to make things as safe as possible and hopefully get this (these) vaccines out ASAP to prevent more people from getting sick and potentially dying. I really hope that 2021 is a much better year and that all of HSN community and their family and friends stay safe and healthy during these times. I can't stress enough how badly I hope these vaccines are effective and things can get back to somewhat normal soon.

• Like 6