It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Couldn't IU get ahold of his agent even during the season to gauged his interest.  If they come back that he would be wiling to talk then yes you be patient.  If he doesn't want to talk then you move on find another candidate.

This is right and that's why I've said Stevens isn't 100% a no. 

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have heard people who has talked to Stevens who has said they prefer the NBA lifestyle  I don't buy the notion that everybody is for sell for a certain price.  I don't believe if you just offer Stevens 7 mil that he would just take it because of the amount of money.

I think your moniker should really be Purdue Scott. 

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This is just a feeling on my part.  I suspect that Dolson may be a more appealing figure to top coaches as compared with Fred.  Fred is not a basketball guy in any way and he’d admit that.  He’s had a lot of eccentric ideas.  He’s a bureaucrat.  He’s a perfect caricature of the guy who says “I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”   

Dolson comes across as much more of a people person. As an ex manager, he’s more of a basketball guy. 

I could see him both advocating better for hoops and being attractive to potential coaches.  A coach might feel like “I can work with this guy.  He will support me and he’s here to win.”

Dolson has a chance to make a great, inspired hire here.  And the whole mindset about the program will flip in instant.  As I said in another thread, he would be heroic.

Maybe I’m wrong but I could totally see that being the case.  Time will tell. 

images (1).jpeg

1 minute ago, jojo123 said:

I think your moniker should really be Purdue Scott. 

What have I ever said that would think I am not an IU fan.  You are right I have spent my 50 years on this earth watching every IU basketball game and living and dying with the results just so I can ridicule them as a PU fan.  I am sure I have been a fan a lot longer than you have even been on this earth  Just because I am realistic where this program is and don't think we could get an elite coach.  The main reason we can't get an elite coach is not an IU problem but just that those coaches aren't leaving for any job.

Just now, IU Scott said:

What have I ever said that would think I am not an IU fan.  You are right I have spent my 50 years on this earth watching every IU basketball game and living and dying with the results just so I can ridicule them as a PU fan.  I am sure I have been a fan a lot longer than you have even been on this earth  Just because I am realistic where this program is and don't think we could get an elite coach.  The main reason we can't get an elite coach is not an IU problem but just that those coaches aren't leaving for any job.

I don’t always agree with Scott.

Love having him on the board.

He’s a TRUE IU fan.

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Say what you want about Scott but you can’t accuse him of being anything other than a 100% IU guy all the way. 

Haven't you figured it out that I have been on IU boards since 1997 so I can get the inside scoop for purdue LOL!

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So did you hear that he would be willing to listen to IU if asked

I will never understand this mentality.  Everything is a possibility until you are told no.  And then I have to be told 50x before I believe it.  You require that he state he’s open before admitting it’s a possibility.  I require to be told no - and repeatedly so.  Different DNA and different make ups.  I hate losing more than I love winning.  

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just think people are probably on edge and wanting to hear some news.  I have always felt that if any news is to be sent out would not be until Monday die to the BTT going on this weekend.

I’m exactly in this position. It’s simply bugging me at this point. Just want word if CAM is the guy for next year or if we are moving on.

Just now, jojo123 said:

And you act like you know this for a fact, when you don't Anyone can get on the internet and be a know it all. Show me a quote from all of these elite coaches saying they will never leave. No facts no truth! Just bull spit. 

Coach K is not leaving Duke after 40 years there.

Bill self is not leaving KU since he is already at a blue blood program.

Mark few has had many chances to leave but will stay at Gonzaga forever

Izzo has been at MSU since 1991 so yu really think he will leave now

Boheim has been at Syracuse since 1976 and you think he would leave now

Calapari is not coming thank god

Toney Bennett is not leaving and has turned us down once and he has won a championship at UVA

Jay Wright is not leaving Villanova after winning 2 championships in 5 years

Those are the only coaches i call elite and we won't get any of those.

Instead of thinking with your emptions and think realistically you might be happier.

I have watched college basketball for 40+ years and after watching that long you can see how things works in these kinds of things.

You all are setting yourself up for a letdown if you’re circling specific days on the calendar. Look, it might happen - it’s probably more likely than not - but this is the biggest decision an IU AD has to make.  It might take time or it might never happen and I guarantee we won’t know 1% of the logistics that went into the decision either way. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFaithful said:

You all are setting yourself up for a letdown if you’re circling specific days on the calendar. Look, it might happen - it’s probably more likely than not - but this is the biggest decision an IU AD has to make.  It might take time or it might never happen and I guarantee we won’t know 1% of the logistics that went into the decision either way. 

That is why we need to keep checking the flight trackers LOL!

5 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

In an odd way, I want it to take awhile for the reasons you suggest and as others have been saying. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for a letdown if they think anyone other than CAM will be on the bench next season. 

50 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I am genuinely confused how you think this post has anything to do with what you responded to. Can you enlighten me, oh wise grown up?

Because I was talking about why the market for coaches may not be as good this year as it could next year. 

My bad.  I meant Archie should/will grow up by going through a tough situation. Comment not aimed at you.  

Just now, IU Scott said:

Might be but I hope the administration is ready for a long year and fan apathy.

I think they'll have an easier time accessing fan feelings next year than they did this year due to pandemic restrictions.  If attendance is down or boos are prevalent it will be clearer to them how the fanbase feels.

Archived