It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree we are on the same side and I actually think we should make a change, but where I don't agree is you make a change regardless. If you don't get a good upgrade you wait a year. 

It's not at all a given that a coach that would say no this year would say no next year. There are several reasons someone's willingness to take this job may change in the next 365 days. 

Then we can just agree to disagree. My opinion is everyone has a price. You make the offer they can’t refuse. If you can get them in a year, then you can get them now it will just cost more. But the short term expenditure is worth the long term benefit of getting your top tier guy a year earlier than waiting. We don’t see eye to eye on this. Both of us have made our points.  Moving on. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IU will never hire Pitino.  If they did I would wish him success.  In these coaching discussions I've noticed there is alot of criticism for past mistakes.

Let's be honest, we have all done something in our past that is embarrassing.  Using Rick as an example, the man could have retired but instead took a job and probably a paycut he didnt have too. 

Maybe he redeemed himself.  He wasn't always a dirtbag. Maybe UL was the problem.  

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It wasn't a point of view. He explained what Drew has been through at Baylor and then simply asserted it's as good of a job as Indiana. He offered zero in the way of evidence showing that. 

Never was on my list of coaches I want at IU.

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

IU will never hire Pitino.  If they did I would wish him success.  In these coaching discussions I've noticed there is alot of criticism for past mistakes.

Let's be honest, we have all done something in our past that is embarrassing.  Using Rick as an example, the man could have retired but instead took a job and probably a paycut he didnt have too. 

Maybe he redeemed himself.  He wasn't always a dirtbag. Maybe UL was the problem.  

Of coarse people make mistakes and can be forgiven but still don't forget what they did.  It is being investigated twice for different allegations from the NCAA that would work against him.

12 minutes ago, Inequality said:

These kids could all play before the arrived. I see a lot of talent and potential. Maybe missing a superior point guard and a 7’ center to be a final four team IMO but what’s there is talented. Potential superior point guard in the rough that wasn’t played a whole lot. I am in the leadership starts at the top camp and that being the missing link.

Still at work guys. Whose got drinks on ice? I’m gonna need some.

i don't know.  i did some research a while back, but don't have the exact numbers any more, but something like Franklin around 150, RP around 130, Al 230, Geronimo 103, Leal 152, Galloway 153, Race 134, Hunter 59, of course Lander 27 and TJD 30.  is that a lot of talent?  Hunter and Lander have waaaaay underachieved.  

6 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i don't know.  i did some research a while back, but don't have the exact numbers any more, but something like Franklin around 150, RP around 130, Al 230, Geronimo 103, Leal 152, Galloway 153, Race 134, Hunter 59, of course Lander 27 and TJD 30.  is that a lot of talent?  Hunter and Lander have waaaaay underachieved.  

It’s more talent than a lot of teams we’ve lost to over the years 

I hate to say it, but if we want to be relevant next year, we hire Pitino for less than CAM(figure with his recent past he would just be happy to get a shot at a big time program), let him loose on the transfer market, and let him work his coaching magic.  He finishes his career returning IU to a solid position, rebuilds his reputation, and rides off into the sunset. Bang!

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

It’s more talent than a lot of teams we’ve lost to over the years 

i guess.  i thought about this a while back.  if we started our 5 highest ranked guys:  Lander, TJD, Hunter, Geronimo, and RP or Race... is that really a very talented group? 

5 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

No matter what the future holds, this just makes me sad. Seeing this, knowing IU won’t be able to participate.

If I were running the team, they'd be there for several games.  Watching.  And I would want notes back from them on the things they felt those teams were doing that we failed to do this year that kept us in the stands instead of on the court.

Edit to add:  And if Miller is to be back and I am Dolson, I expect the same from him.  What are YOU going to do to change things up.  And I don't want to hear effort and all the platitudinous BS we hear after every game.  Specifically Archie, what are you going to do to make sure this shhh does not happen again next year, because if you do get another year, this is me sticking my neck way the heck out for you when your results don't deserve it.

Just now, MrsStoller said:

No matter what the future holds, this just makes me sad. Seeing this, knowing IU won’t be able to participate.

Same. It’s like a slap in the face.

I’m to the point that if this admin doesn’t right this ship very soon, I’m going to watch college ball like I do the NBA.

I’m a Celtics lean from my childhood but I watch the NBA games not caring of the outcome.

My 10yo wears his IU gear only because of the wife and I support of IU. If you ask him where he’s going to college, he says Harvard.

20 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Those are interesting.  They are talented for sure.  But i think CAM overall has put together a soft team.  They look tentative, and overpowered often in games against ranked squads.  

1 hour ago, HoosierDom said:

Beilein's age isn't disqualifying, but it is a negative. The bigger negative is how he is perceived in the world, I don't have a strong opinion as to whether it's deserved, but it will hurt his recruiting. And his recruiting wasn't amazing to begin with.

You're joking, right? His last two years at Michigan he was 33-8 and 30-7. His recruiting wasn't amazing? Based on what? "Stars"?

And I'd say he left Howard with some damn good players. But his recruiting "wasn't amazing?"

17 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i guess.  i thought about this a while back.  if we started our 5 highest ranked guys:  Lander, TJD, Hunter, Geronimo, and RP or Race... is that really a very talented group? 

I mean that’s 4 guys in the top 100.  With two in the top 30. Yeah that’s a pretty decent group.  Definitely not world beaters but enough for a well coached team to make the tourney.  

Just now, ephul said:

You're joking, right? His last two years at Michigan he was 33-8 and 30-7. His recruiting wasn't amazing? Based on what? "Stars"?

And I'd say he left Howard with some damn good players. But his recruiting "wasn't amazing?"

I think he was talking about the comment he made while coaching the Cavs

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think he was talking about the comment he made while coaching the Cavs

He said his recruiting wasn't amazing to begin with.

And the comment won't hurt him. Because it was a hit job by his players and the majority of people understand it

30 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Not a Big Ten title type roster.

His season-end job review should last roughly 2 minutes: 

- you have recruited good kids. Great job. Very well done.

- in 4 years you have not significantly improved the roster

- your offense has not improved

- you have lost 5/6 to RUTGERS

- see above, you have lost 5/6 to RUTGERS

- In four years you have not finished above .500 in the conference which is historically bad. HISTORICALLY, we are talking early 1900’s bad.

-in crunch time against Rutgers  your team did not make a basket in the last 10 minutes of the game and ......no one was surprised.

- you are 0-7 against PU.

- did I mention, you are 0-7 against PU.

- PS. You are 0-7 vs Purdue.

-It’s time to say good bye, adios, arrivederci, Au Rovoir, Auf Wiedersehen, Do svidaniya, Annyeong, Sayonara.

7 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Not a Big Ten title type roster.

His season-end job review should last roughly 2 minutes: 

- you have recruited good kids. Great job. Very well done.

- in 4 years you have not significantly improved the roster

- your offense has not improved

- you have lost 5/6 to RUTGERS

- see above, you have lost 5/6 to RUTGERS

- In four years you have not finished above .500 in the conference which is historically bad. HISTORICALLY, we are talking early 1900’s bad.

-in crunch time against Rutgers  your team did not make a basket in the last 10 minutes of the game and ......no one was surprised.

- you are 0-7 against PU.

- did I mention, you are 0-7 against PU.

- PS. You are 0-7 vs Purdue.

-It’s time to say good bye, adios, arrivederci, Au Rovoir, Auf Wiedersehen, Do svidaniya, Annyeong, Sayonara.

If he is back buckle up... 😫

Archived