It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WokeHoosier said:

True, if the big money people are unhappy that will be as or more important than the fanbase as a whole

I only post here but have looked at a lot of different boards and Facebook and probably haven't seen more than a handful of people that still support Archie.

13 minutes ago, IndyFife said:

I received the email from the search firm about what I am looking for.  I told them point blank: I won’t donate one more dollar until they hire an IU person.  Not at Bball coach, but for President.  If we are as esteemed as we believe ourselves to be, there are many candidates from our own people.  We need somebody to be here who loves this university and this state.  Purdue is eating our lunch (painfully said as the father of a PU athlete).  The last three were absolute clowns who have done nothing for the advancement of OUR university.  They have great theoretical creds but really only cared about themselves.  They have no concept of symbiosis of a university campus between athletics, academics, campus life, and alumni.

DUDE!!! PREACH!!!

14 minutes ago, IndyFife said:

I received the email from the search firm about what I am looking for.  I told them point blank: I won’t donate one more dollar until they hire an IU person.  Not at Bball coach, but for President.  If we are as esteemed as we believe ourselves to be, there are many candidates from our own people.  We need somebody to be here who loves this university and this state.  Purdue is eating our lunch (painfully said as the father of a PU athlete).  The last three were absolute clowns who have done nothing for the advancement of OUR university.  They have great theoretical creds but really only cared about themselves.  They have no concept of symbiosis of a university campus between athletics, academics, campus life, and alumni.

I'll take the job

14 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i know i shouldn't go down this road, and i know you feel strongly against what i'm about to say, but... am i getting it wrong, or did he only say, "We stopped playing like thugs?"  i know i'm fighting a losing battle, but i struggle seeing why that is racist.  i'm now wincing and ducking my head.  

Without getting into the conversation of what you or I think about that comment, what matters is how the President and BOT feel about it and how 17 and 18 year old kids feel about it. 

10 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Kob is in the crowd that thinks Alford is the devil.  he will battle you to the death on this one.  i've been down this road.  

You're not wrong about how I feel, but I also just don't think the guy is a good coach. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Yeah if we going to compromise on character we can do a lot better than Alford.  

Yeah if we don't care about character go get Pitino. That's a no brainer and he'd crawl on broken glass from Iona to Bloomington to get the job. 

40 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

The Stevens family may very well prefer the NBA lifestyle in the abstract, but that doesn't mean that the opportunity to move closer to home and family wouldn't be a factor in their decision. Coming home may not outweigh their preference for the NBA, but it also might. Only they know.

I'm not a mind reader but I was a psychology minor.  Seems like the progression has been downward. 

i.jpeg

RYVSARAQU5BBFIL43ULMNFD24Q.jpg

5ffa7ea65068c33bdc2cf771_o_U_v2.jpg

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Yeah if we don't care about character go get Pitino. That's a no brainer and he'd crawl on broken glass from Iona to Bloomington to get the job. 

That’s no lie. The guy begged for the job years ago. He wanted something like 6 million. I can’t remember the details. 

IU would be money and prestige ahead by now or who knows, maybe self sanctioned to the point of dead in the water. Who knows. I guess IU has the clean slate that’s worth something.

Although, what good is it to argue that the tire could have blown on the vacation vehicle if we never left town.

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

That’s no lie. The guy begged for the job years ago. He wanted something like 6 million. I can’t remember the details. 

IU would be money and prestige ahead by now or who knows, maybe self sanctioned to the point of dead in the water. Who knows. I guess IU has the clean slate that’s worth something.

Although, what good is it to argue that the tire could have blown on the vacation vehicle if we never left town.

His team is up 11 with a little over a minute to go and will make the tournament

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

68 is a good age😉 Turned that Last Dec. If Rick  wanted to behave and  and just coach IU  MBB? We could be back in no time. Isn't coach K 75- 76 yrs old. I do not think IU will but? I wouldn't mine watching the glass crawling

Archived