Big Ten 2021-2022

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought they would be Crean first year bad.  Also looks like I was wrong about UW and Iowa

Getting rid of Richard Pitino was addition by subtraction, but I wasn't sure about what they'd have either...I think the transfer portal makes it a lot less likely you'll have scorched earth like IU went through...

Jamison Battle (George Washington transfer) is a player...their top 4 players are transfers...

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't get a good feel for that honestly. Conflicting reports. 

Apparently Fran thought he was going to play against Purdue, so I would expect him to be in tonight...

And there's something going on with Curbelo...He's put of concussion protocol, but from the way Underwood and his teammates talked, there's something else afoot...

Link to an article concerning Curbelo's absence...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Apparently Fran thought he was going to play against Purdue, so I would expect him to be in tonight...

And there's something going on with Curbelo...He's put of concussion protocol, but from the way Underwood and his teammates talked, there's something else afoot...

Link to an article concerning Curbelo's absence...

This is speculation on my part....but remember when Rob had his concussion couple years ago? Something about the lights impacting him? Could be something like that or more severe like a neck injury. Obviously by his play someone made the call to bring him back a tad early. If I'm Underwood or Curbelo/Parents....that kid isn't seeing the floor until an outside Dr gives him clearance.

16 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Still can’t wrap my head around Purdue never being #1 before today. Historically it just blows my mind that it never happened at least once or twice. Glad it’s at least unanimous though. 

Gotta hope not to take a L. Gonzaga won't lose another game this year from here on out so even though they lost a couple they won't drop from here on out.

39 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Still can’t wrap my head around Purdue never being #1 before today. Historically it just blows my mind that it never happened at least once or twice. Glad it’s at least unanimous though. 

I'm digging through the Bible to make sure it's not one of the 7 signs of the apocalypse :D 

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The '86-'87 and '87-'88 teams were #1 good...both "topped" out at #2.

I didn't catch the names of the ref crew for Illinois-Iowa, but I hope their schedule takes them to Madison on Wednesday...they're letting them play...only 11 fouls called...but, neither of these teams are intense defensive teams either...

39-36 Illini at the break...

Edited by IUFLA

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Keegan Murray with 8 straight points to cut the lead to 3. Purdue caught a huge break the other night. 

He had a bad 1st half, and really didn't find his rhythm until the last 10 minutes...

Iowa is +14 on turnovers but got their brains beat out on the boards 51-23 including giving up 19 offensive boards...

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He had a bad 1st half, and really didn't find his rhythm until the last 10 minutes...

Iowa is +14 on turnovers but got their brains beat out on the boards 51-23 including giving up 19 offensive boards...

51-23?!

Sometimes stats can be misleading. Bit yeah, that probably had in impact 🤣