Big Ten 2021-2022

48 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Kind of surprised we only fell to 3rd in the AP poll tbh. 

This has the Toikletmakers at 8th....

Baylor takes No. 1 spot in latest Power 36 men's college basketball rankings | NCAA.com

BTW, Indiana fell out of the top 36  😒

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

This has the Toikletmakers at 8th....

Baylor takes No. 1 spot in latest Power 36 men's college basketball rankings | NCAA.com

BTW, Indiana fell out of the top 36  😒

We earned the falling out. Do you think any team can blow a 22 point lead to Wisconsin?

I do want to know how UK is still ranked... 

Edited by GaloisGroupe

On 12/13/2021 at 10:13 AM, IUFLA said:

So has Coleman Hawkins 🙄 

Long season, Hoss...

Ha, well played.

My new predicted finish after the limited December conference action.

1) Purdue. Yeah, shaky recently but 

2) Illinois. Assuming Curbelo is back relatively soon. If he doesn't make it back, then have to drop them down several spots.

3) Ohio St. They are also looking to get guys back - Sueing and Towns. Could jump to #1 is they do.

4) MSU. Pretty solid though they've been drilled by the 2 really good teams they've played. Top half for sure but unlikely to win it

5) Wisconsin. Weak interior but Davison can shoot it now?

6) Indiana. Could easily be unbeaten and should continue to jell.

7) Michigan. Too much talent to have them any lower but...?

8 ) Minnesota. What the heck.

9) Iowa. Like Wisconsin, but even weaker inside.

10) Northwestern. Looking decent and the conference is weaker than expected so may move up?

11) Rutgers. Great upset over Purdue and will be tough in the RAC.

12) Maryland. Too much talent to be this low, but here we are.

13) Penn St. No idea but it's Penn St.

14) Nebraska. Thought Hoiberg had enough talent to move up, but some injuries and still not making progress.

5 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Ha, well played.

2) Illinois. Assuming Curbelo is back relatively soon. If he doesn't make it back, then have to drop them down several spots.

3) Ohio St. They are also looking to get guys back - Sueing and Towns. Could jump to #1 is they do.

4) MSU. Pretty solid though they've been drilled by the 2 really good teams they've played. Top half for sure but unlikely to win it

10) Northwestern. Looking decent and the conference is weaker than expected so may move up?

14) Nebraska. Thought Hoiberg had enough talent to move up, but some injuries and still not making progress.

And I didn't even bring up Da'Monte Williams...

You guys are better off without Curbelo...I truly believe that...too many turnovers, too many times he leaves his feet with no plan, and a horrible outside shot (he was 3-20 from 3 pt range in conference play last year)...

How he got on the Wooden list is an attestation to the laziness of the sporting press...

No way Illinois finishes 2nd...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Ha, well played.

No orange and navy blue colored glasses in this lol. I would drop Purdue down to third, and fourth fifth and sixth would be a combo of the Badgers, Illini and the Hoosiers. The rest i probably agree with you on. Also i think you guys have more potential without Curbelo.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IUFLA said:

And I didn't even bring up Da'Monte Williams...

You guys are better off without Curbelo...I truly believe that...too many turnovers, too many times he leaves his feet with no plan, and a horrible outside shot (he was 3-20 from 3 pt range in conference play last year)...

How he got on the Wooden list is an attestation to the laziness of the sporting press...

No way Illinois finishes 2nd...

Yes, you should have mentioned Da'Monte as well. Then you would have covered all the guys in the rotation that are less than 38% from 3. 😎 No doubt he was due for some reversion to the mean this season and having to play some PG hasn't helped.

Curbelo made that list based on his play last season which also earned him the 6th man of the year in the Big Ten. That was from the coaches, guess they are lazy, too?

12 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

No orange and navy blue colored glasses in this lol. I would drop Purdue down to third, and fourth fifth and sixth would be a combo of the Badgers, Illini and the Hoosiers. The rest i probably agree with you on. Also i think you guys have more potential without Curbelo.

So you have Ohio St as the favorite? I know they have some good wins and Liddell is playing great but ....just don't see it. I guess it's a sign the Big Ten was just overrated at the start of this season.

I hope we get to have the debate on Curbelo but he needs to get back first.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Yes, you should have mentioned Da'Monte as well. Then you would have covered all the guys in the rotation that are less than 38% from 3. 😎 No doubt he was due for some reversion to the mean this season and having to play some PG hasn't helped.

Curbelo made that list based on his play last season which also earned him the 6th man of the year in the Big Ten. That was from the coaches, guess they are lazy, too?

So you have Ohio St as the favorite? I know they have some good wins and Liddell is playing great but ....just don't see it. I guess it's a sign the Big Ten was just overrated at the start of this season.

I hope we get to have the debate on Curbelo but he needs to get back first.

OSU and MSU in my opinion are the two best teams as of right now.

Yeah it sucks when a player gets a concussion, the effects could linger for awhile.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 2